SMAC Mind Worms

Derf

Modular Mushroom
Finally, with my limited graphical skills I proudly present my first unit - and a conversion, no less.

Here it is, the Mind Worms, from Alpha Centauri.
It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but then, this is my first unit, and first attempt at making anything that looks halfway decent.

Also note that except the death anim, there's no animation. I couldn't find a way to get that from AC.

Only a few things not quite right
No civilopedia graphics
Attack sound isn't quite the same as it was in AC
Death anim (the 'splodigy' death from Qunizy's Death anim conversion)
And somehow, I managed to get the unit graphic with civ-colour.

Due to problems on my computer, you'll need to download the death anim from Qunizy's pack - link above. To get the death anim in line with a unit, you want the ones from post 11 on his thread.

Attachments

• Shot1.JPG
    Shot1.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 790
  • Mind_Worms.zip
    221.3 KB · Views: 332
Heehee! Man that's a cool idea :D

Oh, and thanks for the linky to my thread aswell, i'm glad you could get a use out of it. :)

Actually, I decided to make this because I happened to see your file while I was glancing through the file DB.

So thanks also to you, for persuading me to make an attempt!

I loved Alpha Centauri... that was/is a cool game.

Just thought I'd stop by again for a moment to let you know about this.
I've just finished trying to convert the Sealurk, Locusts of Chiron and Isle of the Deep.
The locusts I coulnd't find any useable graphics for, the Sealurk and Isle's graphics aren't compatible with the civ3 pallete.

Just thought I'd stop by again for a moment to let you know about this.
I've just finished trying to convert the Sealurk, Locusts of Chiron and Isle of the Deep.
The locusts I coulnd't find any useable graphics for, the Sealurk and Isle's graphics aren't compatible with the civ3 pallete.
You can make your own pallette. The unit pallettes can be a bit tricky, but isn't there info on them in utahjazz7's tutorial?

Well, it's an interesting idea, but like I said, my graphics knowledge and experience isn't exactly the best about....
I'll take a look though, and see if I can't give it a shot without breaking everything like last time....

Edit: If it is in that tutorial, I can't find it. That said, I was only scanning it, not proper reading.

Second Edit: Found it. And a few other bits to help. Expect some of the other AC native life coming to a civ game near you soon.

Top Bottom