NEW UNIT: Riderless Camel

Chimtot

Needing more time
Here is the finished version of a riderless camel. It has no civspecific colors and only animations for run, default, death and kneel. It looks pretty good in game. I will make a more complex one now that I know how to do some creating. Untill the use it, copy and paste it, recolor it... do whatever you want with it.

download here

Attachments

• camel.gif
    camel.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,866
Originally posted by cameramano
One simple question... why a riderless camel?

There are lots of things you can do with a riderless camel.

Was you thinking of something like these Yoda? ;).......
Please note these are examples only (I'm far too busy at the moment)

(BTW Chimtot, your shadows still need a little bit of work)

Attachments

• camel uses.gif
    camel uses.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,554
Kryten that was exactly what i was thinking, lets just hope someone make that.

Originally posted by Kryten

Thanks for posting some possibilities. I am working on the shadows. May even fix it in the next day or two.

I would very much like to see a proper rendering of the Mameluke and Camel Rider without relying too heavily on a certain set of units of the same designation already posted. This is an excellant start. Take the ball and run with it!

aaahhh, I wonder why no-one thought of these riderless units before?! Such a brilliant idea. Now I think we need a riderless elephant. :)

Originally posted by Thrawn
aaahhh, I wonder why no-one thought of these riderless units before?! Such a brilliant idea. Now I think we need a riderless elephant. :)

Yeah, and we can make a "When Animals Attack" mod! :p

Kryten,

I love that sample of the settler with the camel...

If anyone else makes this can you also do a settler with the riderless horse aswell? Nice little way to make the settlers look alittle better in game :p

Kyle

Oh yeah, I'm back from my faulty comps but lost ALL the work I was doing on learning to make units :(

Originally posted by Kryten

i tried am not great at cutting a gun [calvary] and pasting on riderless no camel rider [dromedary one] i'm interested in rifled bedouin soldier on dromedary [one hump camel] also in rifled bactrian [two hump = Mameluke] unit btw could you make a riderless bactrian camel? an elephant? i'm working on a "Nature" Civilization. has any body made that settler-camel cambination? worker-camel combo? army [flag] -camel?

btw i think what he did was Awesome!

i want to download some of these units... and use japenese medival for east asian countries and Mideast units for arabia, ottoman, egypt, carthage.... camel units, a dhow, etc...

Originally posted by Supa
A Desert Settler or Worker would be a nice addition

just thinking.. the setler idea is cool but worker my have trouble working around camel, but in lieu of camel take head of Osman [ king of Ottomans] or Abu [king of arabs] and paste over worker or medival japanese worker ... and rifled units and sword units... the jihad begins!

japanese medival plus junk/tongkang added great for japan/korea/china/Khmer/Indonesia/mongolia now working on Allah's Jihad force.

are there any llama units around for use with aztec/incas?

Originally posted by Yaniv

Yeah, and we can make a "When Animals Attack" mod! :p

yeah mother nature:

riderless animals, squid, spider, dinosaurs, and fog units [gotm 17 start file] great as nonhuman player. fight off a barbarian style Civ not lame barbarians that don't develope or build true cities
call it Wilderness, wild [adj], Wildlife [noun] leader is Mother Nature... uu ....well lots of them... no people though... i would use fog type for settler / worker on that civ [funny watching wild units capturing a settler making it go poof into fog. ]

Have anyone ever considered combining this camel with other units (like Kryten suggested)? You could then increase the movement cost and make camel units ignore desert terrain restrictions (if you own PTW?).

Originally posted by hetairoi22
Have anyone ever considered combining this camel with other units (like Kryten suggested)? You could then increase the movement cost and make camel units ignore desert terrain restrictions (if you own PTW?).
I think Kryten is actually still working on those units he has in the preview.

Top Bottom