ALIENS: The Mod; ideas and discussion.

MorphineBoy

Chieftain
I was viewing some older units in the Civ 3 archives the other day, and came across CivArmy's Alien unit, the one based on the movies, and his Ripley unit. I myself have already collected a dropship unit and APC unit, both based off the movies, and a few infantry units that could be used as marines.

Now, here comes the proposition; how would anyone like to help me organize a major "Aliens" mod,

I've come up with four civilizations.

The Aliens

The Predators (An Aliens Vs. Pred, flavored mod might be cool.)

The U.S.M.C.
(Basically the government and military)

The Weyland-Yutani corporation ("The Company")

Units;

Aliens

Special Class

Queen (works like a leader, can make an army, but can attack on its own, can build city)

Drone (works like a worker, except with a very small defensive value)

Infantry Class

Warrior (Main Infantry/attack unit, cheap price, above average attack and defense)

"Dog" alien (from the third movie, same as warrior, except doubled movement)

Facehugger (enslaves defeated units, results in a drone alien)

Predalien (very high cost, high attack, high defense, plus 1 hitpoint)

to balance out how cheap and strong the aliens units will be, there will be basically no vehicles or buildable means of transportation. However, it will be possible to enslave a "trade ship" as a method of transport.

The Predators

Special Class

Yautja (worker unit, low attack, low hitpoints, low defense, movement: 5, build city, etc)

Hunt Leader (Leader unit, build army, slightly above-average attack, defense, movement: standard)

Infantry Class

Light Predator (low cost, average attack, defense, fast movement)

Hunter (Medium cost, medium attack, defense, standard movement (5))

Assault Predator (high cost, high attack, defense, below-average movement (3) airdrop)

Vehicles Class

Hunter's Ship (attack: 30 defense: 20 Transport: 5 moves: 2 Area of Use: 100, can airdrop, standard air moves, immobile)

Drone Gun (No Attack, Defense: 20 Moves: 5 Bombardment: 15 Range: 4 Transport: 2)

The U.S.C.M.

Special Class

Crewman (Worker unit, no attack, defense, can be captured(by WY civ only, otherwise killed or enslave by aliens/preds, standard worker actions)

Colonel (Leader Unit, above-average attack, defense, build army, movement standard)

Infantry Class

Private (moderate cost, average attack, above-average defense, standard movement)

Corporal (above-average cost, above-average attack, above-average defense, standard movement)

Infantry Support (High cost, high attack, average defense, can bombard, range 4, airdrop)

Special Ops (high cost, high attack, average defense, airdrop, invisible, spot invisible)

Vehicle Class

APC (high cost, average attack, high defense, transport: 2, movement: above average)

Dropship (Attack: 25 Defense: 25, Transport: 5, Moves: 2, can airdrop, airlift, range: 100 standard air moves, immobile)

Weyland-Yutani Corporation

Special Class

Technician (same as Crewman)

Executive (leader unit, average attack, defense, standard movement, build army, extra room in army)

Infantry Class

Security (moderate cost, average attack, average defense, standard movement)

Android (moderate cost, above average attack, average defense, extra hit point, plus 1 movement)

Mercenary (high cost, high attack, average defense, airdrop, invisible, spot invisible)

Ex-military (very high cost, high attack, high defense, airdrop, can enslave a defeated alien, results in drone)

Vehicle Class

APC (re-colored U.S.C.M. APC, high cost, average attack, high defense, transport: 2, movement: above average movement)

Pirate Vessel (very high cost, attack: 30, defense: 20, airdrop, standard air missions, hidden nationality, range: 100 transport: 5 immobile)

non-unique

Generic Transport (only built by U.S.C.M. and Weyland-Yutani, no attack or defense, above-average movement, airdrop, all air missions, minus military, transport: 10, range: 120, immobile, hidden nationality)

Colonial Settlers (works exactly the same as normal settlers, movement standard)

I need someone that can make units, someone that can make space and urban terrains, and someone that can make building and city graphics, and someone that can edit technologies

Now...who's interested? :scan:

Someone takes a shot at this once every few weeks... good luck to ya, buddy! :thumbsup: I`ll play this this when it comes out. Anyone`s version. I mean, with 137 tries, atleast 1 has to succeed...Right? :hmm:

1 small suggestion, bold out the Civ names, and underline the unit class names, its a bit confusing when you just take a glance at it :)

Like Stormrage says, one of these comes along fairly regularly (I registered recently, but I'm a LOOOONG time lurker ;) ), and I would LOVE to see one completed. I don't create units or other graphics as I'm not very technologically adept, but I'd be happy to help in any way I can--I guess that would mostly be with ideas (unit design or techs or whatever). Just let me know. I hope this one comes to fruition. Good luck.

Fairly regularly ? The only other one I can recall is mine and I've been here longer than both of you. :p

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=158720

I got the base feature of the Aliens working (Capture & Cocoon) and I'm working on it every now and then.

Guess I should bring up the fact I have been trying to get a unit creator to make the Predator unit for a while without success for my sci-fi mod.

And I have to agree with supa, I don't recall any other recent attempts at this scenario\mod.....

Hmm, I could have sworn I'd seen more than just your attempt Supa. Though, I could be wrong. The old memory ain't what it used to be.........:old:

Stormrage said:
RL...for the love of god, and for the 40 gazillionth time, stop double posting! You are no noob, and its fuggin annoying! Its only OK to double post when you bump something, and you were the last one to reply before the bump.
You can also double post accidentaly if you have a terrible connection like mine. :blush:

Also, happy 1000 posts RL. [party]

Well, thanks to Stormrage, I AM going to MAKE this cursed thing come to some kind of success....

I've got most of it outlined, and there are actually a couple of units that fit quite nicely into the roles I've outlined. Ideally, it would be nice to have someone make COMPLETELY unique graphics for each unit, but I doubt I could find anyone with enough time or willpower.

I'll find someone that's willing to design graphics eventually, because I can supply great art to work with, that, or I'll eventually get off my butt and learn to do it myself.

Biggest concern right now, is how to set up cities/terrain, etc.

Also, if anyone who has worked on something like this before would like to join forces to make one super-mod, I think it'd be a good idea.

Or...we could kidnap W.I.N.T.E.R. or BeBro, since they are quite talented with infantry units. ;)

And, while I've only been around for a little under a year, I haven't seen any other mods like this one...a few units in the universe maybe, but no mods. Maybe I am wrong.:confused:

Well, damn.

Anyway, it's good to see interest in this idea, but is there anyone who CAN help with graphics?

My advice. Make do with the units/graphics around here, whatever fits into your mod use. Shortage of graphics shouldn't stop you.

Someone might be kind enough to make graphics for you if they like playing your mod. I know this happened for me in Escape From Zombie Island 2 and that scenario is still using the Mao King unit as its basic zombie unit.

I'm sure you'll succeed.

Regarding the constant double posting ... bit suss that he celebrates his post count don't you think :hmm:

:lol: I was just about to suggest King Arthur's Zombie scenario as a blue print ... so that the game is played more like a movie ... could be easier to create as well.

Best of luck with the game ... regarding units, keep your eye on Fallout mod discussion as we are using near future type of units.

Well, I can make do for the human civs (WY corp. & U.S.C.M.)

But at least ONE Predator unit will be neccesary to make, because there is no unit availabe that can fill the shoes without making people give wierd looks.

Thanks for the advice, and opinions, as this is my first mod and help is most appreciated.

Top Bottom