D&D Mystara Previews!

Hello and thanks, Rambuchan. I know about that bad news. I haven't actually played a full game of civ since before I started this mod. Now that it's completed, I've had my hands full with other things and barely have time to work on the expansion. When you get a chance to play let me know what you thought.

Hi

After extensive playing (i.e. lots of fun) I have some further comments

the name/race matter is still quite annoying (or I’m just too stupid) I never know of whom the game is talking (norsemen, guildmen, clanmen, dwarves etc etc) still think best would be to make no difference between name and race

there are some sm units without / with small benefit (I usually disband them for some shields…).
a) mercenaries are too late for their bad stats or have too bad states for the time when they are available.. something shld be changed
b) gnoll raider look at the states…nothing else to say. Give them hidden nationality and the can capture workers
c) orc mercenary of karameikos. Okay there is a new one every 5 rounds. But with these stats? What shall I do with them?
d) The recon skill isn’t that useful what means that druids etc are not useful too

Food preservation comes much too late in game and is of no use. Time of expandation is over and you are busy to keep you people happy it’s of no advantage to let population grow faster at this stage
Fired goods is completely useless. Who needs some trade bonuses in the desert? If they were lux resources…

The difference between monarchy / republic and the special civ governments that can be researched later on is not big enough. Mostly there Is no reason for a change. Sometimes the new giv is even worse than monarchy (forced instead of paid labour) you shld make some changes there. Maybe you can make the govs more civ specific. Special sms that can only be build under a special gov. or special bonuses 1 additional trade for all ocean tiles for the Vikings or something like that

Dwarf settlers shldn’t be able to cross mountains (at least not at the beginning of the game). Mountains are natural barriers and are the only way to control behaviour of the ai

It is REALLY necessary to have boats with two transport spaces early in the game because of the ai

Some random maps with pre-placed resources wld be very good. Usually resources on random maps are a big problem…no iron, two luxury resources but 23 times ylari and 146 goodie huts

On mystara standard map the true elves are much too strong later in the game. You shl either remove their scientific skill or place another civ at their continent near them

I think it’s not a problem of your patch but of civ3 itself…games are a bit boring in middle / late game. There is not much to do and no important / interesting changes. I never made a mod therefore I have no idea about the possibility you have…but maybe a great danger that come for all civs at this time an. Maybe new strong opponents appear which are able to capture cities and destroy civs. Or a lost rich island with powerful resources is possible to reach when a special tech has been researched… something like that cld be interesting

That’s all for the moment but I’ll keep on playing…

tjedge1 said:
Hello and thanks, Rambuchan. I know about that bad news. I haven't actually played a full game of civ since before I started this mod. Now that it's completed, I've had my hands full with other things and barely have time to work on the expansion. When you get a chance to play let me know what you thought.
I certainly will but don't hold your breath mate! :lol:

connerreeves said:
Hi

After extensive playing (i.e. lots of fun) I have some further comments
WOw that was extensive. Thanks for the comments. Some of these are in the works to be changed, some of these are new. Good work.

Thanks, I'm glad people are still downloading it and playing. :)

That motivates me to not stop modding, though I can no longer say when I'll get back to it. I may just start designing my own games from scratch.

A beatiful piece of art!!!:goodjob:

I love it!!!

Top Bottom