2010 NFL Regular Season

Right now, Bradford is much better than Cutler (most likely because of the fact that Bradford isn't the emo kid of the QB world). He gets an incomplete compared to Romo (only half a season, not really enough), but I think Bradford will be better than Tony this season if he isn't already.

He lost his two top wideouts, and he still set a record for most rookie passing yards and made a 1-15 team a contender until the end of the season in one year. Romo couldn't do that if he lost Dez and Miles Austin.

He lost his two top wideouts, and he still set a record for most rookie passing yards and made a 1-15 team a contender until the end of the season in one year. Romo couldn't do that if he lost Dez and Miles Austin.

Now, to be fair, they are in the NFC West.

Do these pictures show excellence in him, or what! :p I know! My favorite quote and accompanying occurrence fit this:

These would be perfectly acceptable criticisms coming from anyone else, but the fact that it's coming from the only person I'm aware of who has a Rex Grossman fetish is odd. At least Cutler never posted a 0 quarterback rating because he was distracted by New Years festivities. None of Cutler's ex coaches have ever been quoted as referring to him as a "mental midget" like Ron Rivera did with Grossman. It's fine to point out deficiencies in Cutler's game, but you need to acknowledge that Rex Grossman was magnitudes worse (at the same age and with better talent around him).

Right now I also think Romo is better than Cutler. I love his pocket presence and elusiveness. His release is beautiful as is his ability to improvise. I also think you can't compare quarterbacks in a vacuum. The quarterback position is by far the most important but it's also the most overrated. You still need a lot of players around a quarterback to make him look good as well as a stable offensive system. When Cutler had that in Denver I think he was right there with Romo.

Forte had a pretty good year considering he had to run behind a line of hot garbage. 1616 all purpose yards and 4.5 ypc was a huge improvement over his awful 2009. The vast majority of his rushing stats came in the second half. I think Forte had a better year than Steven Jackson if you look at the stats.

He doesn't seem as good as Jackson though. I rarely see Forte make a giant gain, let alone do it on a regular basis.

The funny thing is that the stats verify that Forte isn't much different than Jackson.

200 less yards than Jackson
.7 more yards per attempt
2 more 20+ yard rushes
Same TDs
11 less yards per game
18 less first downs.

The funny thing is that the stats verify that Forte isn't much different than Jackson.

200 less yards than Jackson
.7 more yards per attempt
2 more 20+ yard rushes
Same TDs
11 less yards per game
18 less first downs.

I think the most significant stat here is Jackson's 3.8 ypr vs. Matt Fore's 4.5 ypr.
That's quite a big difference. I also think your not accounting for receiving ability, which Forte is much better. Matt Forte's had 3 receiving touchdowns giving him overall 9 tds vs Jackson's 6 total. We also need to take in account that Forte plays behind an inferior line.

The Bears line might not be as good as the Rams at pass blocking, but the interior Rams line has been atrocious at run blocking this season. I'm looking at you, Jacob Bell.

These would be perfectly acceptable criticisms coming from anyone else, but the fact that it's coming from the only person I'm aware of who has a Rex Grossman fetish is odd. At least Cutler never posted a 0 quarterback rating because he was distracted by New Years festivities. None of Cutler's ex coaches have ever been quoted as referring to him as a "mental midget" like Ron Rivera did with Grossman. It's fine to point out deficiencies in Cutler's game, but you need to acknowledge that Rex Grossman was magnitudes worse (at the same age and with better talent around him).
Sorry for going off topic to respond to this, but I'll go ahead: I said I like Grossman better than McNabb. Not everybody else. McFlopp, and only McFlopp.

Right now I also think Romo is better than Cutler. I love his pocket presence and elusiveness. His release is beautiful as is his ability to improvise. I also think you can't compare quarterbacks in a vacuum. The quarterback position is by far the most important but it's also the most overrated. You still need a lot of players around a quarterback to make him look good as well as a stable offensive system. When Cutler had that in Denver I think he was right there with Romo.
I don't if your going to reply to this by going on about Grossman again, but anyway:
I agree. As I said before, I think Romo is better.

The Rams have an offensive line?

I did not know about this.

I'd suggest watching football, but it's probably a lost cause with you.... :mischief:

The Rams have two quite good, and very promising young offensive tackles. And the center is actually pretty good too (especially in pass blocking). The problem is, like Kraz already said, the interior line's runblocking. Which directly translates to Jacksons low YPC...
They need a big runblocking guard (maybe even two) this offseason.

I'd say WR, G, OLB and DT (though not neccessarily in that order) are the Rams biggest needs this offseason.

Julio Jones? Since they probably won't get AJ Green. They could even get Braylon Edwards if the Jets drop him.

I say every team goes BPA.

Somehow I doubt that the Colts would go BPA if that individual was a QB...

Somehow I doubt that the Colts would go BPA if that individual was a QB...

Maybe in the later rounds! They won't have that problem in this draft in the early rounds, there is a dearth of QB talent. Scam is probably going to rocket up the draft board, and he is a frightening synthesis of Akili Smith and Jamarcbust to me.

Maybe in the later rounds! They won't have that problem in this draft in the early rounds, there is a dearth of QB talent. Scam is probably going to rocket up the draft board, and he is a frightening synthesis of Akili Smith and Jamarcbust to me.

Dunno if he's in JaBustus territory, but I wouldn't want to invest a high draft pick in
him, either. I think that guy from Nevada would be a better bet...

You guys should meet my roommate. Thankfully the framed picture of Rex looking off into the distance is down, but he definitely dvr'd the last 2 skins games to see Rex in action. He really still believes that if Rex had the time Brady gets, he'd be a top tier QB.

Top Bottom