2012 NFL Offseason

No seriously.

You live in New Jersey. Honestly, when was the last time you met a Native American without leaving the state?

Consider the history. Here's a continent of tens of millions people, thousands of languages and cultures. Then a massive plague sweeps the land and kills 95% of the inhabitants. Then some Europeans show up and slowly deport the surviving population west. And then the Europeans feel kinda bad and honour the "primitives" by paying homage to their "noble warrior spirit" and crap. But you know, still refer to them by the one clearly identifying feature: the different skin colour.

To compare that to any slight you just mentioned is horribly offensive, far more than the name Redskins. But the attitude is exactly why such racism continues to be accepted. If you had any decency you'd be slightly ashamed at yourself.

are you trying to convince me? or give me a history lesson?

according to the 2010 census, 1.8% of the population of my hometown is classified as native american. shoot, the name of my town is an old Lenni Lenape indian name. so please. save your words :) your sanctimony isn't all that convincing.

i go through this every year in the mlb thread...can we agree to disagree please?

perhaps the cowboys moniker is offensive. matter of fact, my ancestors used to rope cows...and you know what?! i'm offended!! hey, my cousin is tall. and they have a team called the giants. that's offensive!! and that eagles emblem on the side of the philadelphia helmet...it makes that majestic bird look too mean. offensive!! change name immediately :rolleyes:

Eagles aren't people and cowboys and tall people aren't victims of systematic oppression and quasi-genocidal expansion.

according to the 2010 census, 1.8% of the population of my hometown is classified as native american. shoot, the name of my town is an old Lenni Lenape indian name. so please. save your words :) your sanctimony isn't all that convincing.

i go through this every year in the mlb thread...can we agree to disagree please?
What else would you suggest we talk about? Best I can come up with is this picture of Andre Smith doing a 40 yard dash:

Damn those mitties are majestic.

perhaps the cowboys moniker is offensive. matter of fact, my ancestors used to rope cows...and you know what?! i'm offended!! hey, my cousin is tall. and they have a team called the giants. that's offensive!! and that eagles emblem on the side of the philadelphia helmet...it makes that majestic bird look too mean. offensive!! change name immediately :rolleyes:

What, the wing is scary?!?!

If you wished to let the issue die, perhaps you shouldn't've made your outrageous comments in the first place.

"Redskin" is not equivalent to "Cowboy". It's the equivalent of "n*****". The only difference is that we feel less bad about the Native American genocide because there are fewer of them around.

And I'm offended by Minnesota's mascot! I'm partly Scandinavian, and I'm offended that they'd use "Vikings" instead of "Humans"! It's derogatory and implies that all they did was kill people and raid their villages! :mad:

And the Raiders! It offends the descendents of the seafaring people! It makes them sound like all they did was pillage, as opposed to the good things they really did, like "spreading the wealth" of their "earnings" to beaches and good deeds like that!

donavan mcnabb is making a comeback. any takers? perhaps some amateur scouting opinions are available here?
He sucks because he does. What else is there too it? :confused:

just wonderin' whether anyone thinks he can pull off a comeback. they are saying he's lost weight and has changed his mechanics (lol, right?).

i still say no HoF for 5. if he had a good year or 2 in DC, maybe. but not now. he's not starter material at this point. amirite?

'amirite' sounds like a mineral. :mischief:

OK, he's willing to work on his weight (and presumably overall conditioning), and mechanics. If
he isn't equally willing to do heavy lifting in the film room, the rest won't matter.

If he's willing to refrain from trashing every team that pays him to throw picks, maybe he can make it back. But I'd say that there's a greater chance that my computer will explode in my face within the next 5 minutes.

5 minutes later.....

*BOOM*

If he's willing to refrain from trashing every team that pays him to throw picks, maybe he can make it back. But I'd say that there's a greater chance that my computer will explode in my face within the next 5 minutes.

Yeah, the fact that no one has made him an offer to date pretty much says all
you need to know about his rep with the teams. If he gets signed at all, it will
most likely be as an emergency injury replacement sometime during training camp.

On a purely skill-based level, McNabb could easily be a second string or maybe even starting QB (there honestly aren't that many good ones at this point). But he brings along too much baggage into the locker room, he'd be looking for an unreasonably high salary, and he would just create more drama than he was worth.

I know! Buffalo can sign him! Then we can watch McFlopp and Young battle it out for backup! :goodjob:

Vilma has filed a defamation suit against Goodel. According to CBS Sports, it was filed as private citizen v. private citizen, niether NFL nor NFLPA being brought in as defendant/plaintiff. This could interesting/amusing.

Vilma has filed a defamation suit against Goodel. According to CBS Sports, it was filed as private citizen v. private citizen, niether NFL nor NFLPA being brought in as defendant/plaintiff. This could interesting/amusing.

It's a brilliant move, I have to say.

Top Bottom