2020 NFL Regular Season Thread Presented by Bizzaro World

I didn't watch the game but it's possible they are playing conservative and not to lose because that will be enough to beat the Broncos. If they play the Chiefs, they could alter their gameplan accordingly.

No he looked that way against the Falcons too, he is not an NFL QB. He cannot make throws even a "bad" QB should make. Remember Tebow? That's what his accuracy looks like. Against the Falcons he threw a 45 yard pass that had a 3.6s hangtime. Emmanuel Sanders literally had to stop, run 5 yards back and field it like a punt because it was so underthrown. Damn thing might have hit the roof of the Dome. It would have a pick except Deion Jones kept running all the way through the end zone like it was Madden and his controller came unplugged. Also I thought they might pick up a PI flag on Darqueze Dennard early in that game because the ball was like 5 feet over Michael Thomas' head and they could have ruled it uncatchable (can't have PI on a tipped or uncatchable ball). In this game he missed very easy throws, like overthrowing a wide open Jared Cook by 3-4 feet right in the middle of the field. Also it's a small sample size but he's taken 3 sacks in each game, that's pretty rough.

He seems like a great guy and he's awesome in his niche, but an NFL quarterback is not.

No he looked that way against the Falcons too, he is not an NFL QB. He cannot make throws even a "bad" QB should make. Remember Tebow? That's what his accuracy looks like. Against the Falcons he threw a 45 yard pass that had a 3.6s hangtime. Emmanuel Sanders literally had to stop, run 5 yards back and field it like a punt because it was so underthrown. Damn thing might have hit the roof of the Dome. It would have a pick except Deion Jones kept running all the way through the end zone like it was Madden and his controller came unplugged. Also I thought they might pick up a PI flag on Darqueze Dennard early in that game because the ball was like 5 feet over Michael Thomas' head and they could have ruled it uncatchable (can't have PI on a tipped or uncatchable ball). In this game he missed very easy throws, like overthrowing a wide open Jared Cook by 3-4 feet right in the middle of the field. Also it's a small sample size but he's taken 3 sacks in each game, that's pretty rough.

He seems like a great guy and he's awesome in his niche, but an NFL quarterback is not.

The Chiefs are also a great team. Easily top 5 in the league. Even if Brees was healthy and available, that's still not a given as a win. You're clearly winning your division the only question is the seed. Even if the Seahawks and Packers win out (far from guarantees for both), and your only loss is against the Chiefs, you would have the same record they do. Who would get the home-field advantage with three division champs in the conference finishing 13-3?

edit: They also have Winston on the roster. Do you think he's better?

I haven't been watching the Bears this year, but they have managed to lose 3 games in a row. Maybe they're not for real after all. If they don't make the playoffs: is a regime change imminent?

Well now that it is 5 games in a row.....

The Bears every 3 years.....
2011: 5 game losing streak, general manager Jerry Angelo fired (Head coach Lovie Smith was fired in 2012, didn't lose 5 in a row, but lost 5 out of 6 at one point*
2014: 5 game losing streak, Head coach Marc Trestman and general manager Scott Emery fired.
2017: 5 game losing streak, Head coach John Fox fired.
2020: 5 (+?) game losing streak, will Head coach Matt Nagy and general manager Ryan Pace be fired?

*It's possible if the Bears hadn't made it to the NFC championship game in 2010 maybe Smith would have been fired in 2011 instead of 2012.

Note: Bears actually lost 8 straight a couple times during these years, but they were carryovers from one season to the next, my list is 5 game losing streak in the same season.

Bears have never fired a coach mid-season in their 100 year history.

I'm generally not a fan of firing a coach midseason short of a scandal that doesn't involve on the field team performance.

The general manager, from my understanding, would be the one primarily responsible for trading up a king's ransom to snag Tribusky when they could have traded down to get Mahomes or Watson. Why someone like that would still have a job is beyond me.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the bears have never fired a coach midseason" when you listed examples where they did that. Lovie Smith was the coach of the Bears before I kept up with football. Looking at his track record, I can't really defend the decision of firing him. It seems he gave them more success than everything they had since then. Three playoff appearances, two going to the NFC Championship game, one even to the Super Bowl. He's not even that old, considering Belichick and Carroll are still coaching. He should be their number one choice to return, if Naggy is out the door. I am 100% serious.

They fired each coach after the last Bear game of the year.

Edit: to be clear, the coaches weren't fired when the losing streak hit 5, they were fired at the end of the seasons in which they lost 5 in a row at some point during that season.

I listen to bears radio every weekend (overnight) and the host cant help but to mention every weekend the bears have never fired a coach midseason everytime the callers are asking for Nagy's head.

Last edited:
The Chiefs are also a great team. Easily top 5 in the league. Even if Brees was healthy and available, that's still not a given as a win. You're clearly winning your division the only question is the seed. Even if the Seahawks and Packers win out (far from guarantees for both), and your only loss is against the Chiefs, you would have the same record they do. Who would get the home-field advantage with three division champs in the conference finishing 13-3?

edit: They also have Winston on the roster. Do you think he's better?

Funnily enough I think the Saints would. Playing it out with the ESPN Playoff machine:

1st Seed - New Orleans
NFC South Champ
Wins tie break over Seattle and Green Bay based on best win percentage in conference games
2nd Seed - Seattle
NFC West Champ
Wins tie break over Green Bay based on best win percentage in common games.
Also re: Jaemis, this is basically how I see it:
-Jaemis starting gives a wide range of outcomes, 5-10% of which beat the Chiefs (I'm being generous).
-This Taysom offense has a narrower range of outcomes, .001% of which beat the Chiefs.

Jaemis throwing 4 INTs and making us lose 45-7 counts is the same end result as the Taysom offense losing 35-17. But with the weapons he has - Kamara, Murray, Thomas, Sanders, Cook, and some actually decent WR 3-4s - there's a chance he just goes ham and we win like 38-35. I just think there's no chance that just pounding the ball and leaning on your defense works against the Chiefs, because Mahomes has an irl gameshark. You have to outgun them or you don't win.

Jamal Adams broke the record for most sacks by a defensive back in one season. The previous record was Adrian Wilson of the Arizona Cardinals who has held it with 8 sacks for that time.

Adams has 8.5 sacks for the year. That's despite missing 4 games with injuries AND there's more to the season left- so only in 9 games total. Totally worth what we gave up for him, considering how he's turned out.

edit:
I used a calculator and found out if he played 16 games with his current sack rate per game, that would give him 15.1 sacks for the season. That's incredible

There's a rumor going on that the Lions want to move on from Stafford. Personally, I don't believe it. He's the least of their problems, and I will only believe this when I see it.

If true, there are some teams only a QB away from being a contender and would try to acquire him in a heartbeat.

Hes under contract thru 2022. If they get rid of him after this season it's an almost 25 million dead cap hit (NFL record), in a league that potentially could have a lower salary cap next year.

Packer radio host said "Stafford is one of those qbs who you dont want your team to play against, but at the same time you dont want him as the qb on your team."

Without an answer as to who will replace him, they are better off sticking with him.

I don't necessarily agree with Packer Radio that you don't want him as your QB. Anyway, there are teams that I'm sure would be viable trade partners. Honestly, I think he could be worth a first-rounder. But even then, I don't think trading him is the right move.

Seahawks fan here. We beat the Washington Football Team after having almost blown a 17 point lead.

But secondly, and more importantly, the Rams managed to lose to the JETS after we demolished them the week prior. :lol: :rotfl:

I haven't been this happy in a long time. The 49ers lost too, though that doesn't matter. Just icing on the cake.

Gonna be interesting what the Iggles do with Wentz. He doesn't seem to have been able to deal with Hurts getting drafted, and if the reports are even half right is borderline uncoachable. And then there's the cap problems his contract causes...

Somehow if reports are correct GM's out there still think he's actually got potential. Someone desperate for a QB will take him since it'll only be about 22 mil AAV contact if he's traded which is Teddy Bridgewater money. Maybe the Bears or Broncos since neither of them will be in the top 3 for draft order. The Birds will eat about 40 million in dead cap regardless of him getting traded or cut but he won't be an Eagle next year. I actually expect the Eagles (and Saints since they're even more screwed) will just blow the salary cap and dare the NFL to do something.

LOL, Jets, even when they do win (a game), they lose (#1 pick).

Thread title is fitting, with the Spongebob playoff games. So on wildcard weekend, Who here is going to watch Nickelodeon instead of whatever major network is broadcasting the games in 'normal' mode?

LOL, Jets, even when they do win (a game), they lose (#1 pick).

Thread title is fitting, with the Spongebob playoff games. So on wildcard weekend, Who here is going to watch Nickelodeon instead of whatever major network is broadcasting the games in 'normal' mode?
I think the Jets are still behind the Jags because the Jags didn't play the Rams, but both teams played the Colts and the Jags won, while the Jets lost.

NFL mock drafts are giving the Jags the number one pick after the game was played.

I think the Jets are still behind the Jags because the Jags didn't play the Rams, but both teams played the Colts and the Jags won, while the Jets lost.

Jags have #1 due to strength of schedule tiebreaker - in this case, weaker schedule wins.

Speaking of needing a QB - It's starting to look like Father Time may be knocking on Big Ben's door.

Top Bottom