2020 US Election (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when it seemed like things couldn't get any worse.

At least Trump doesn't own a horse.

Wait, McConnell is from Kentucky. He probably has a horse.

Christ, 2020 blows. Watch Mitch ram one through at the last minute.

The vast majority of calendar years in history with significant record have been far worse. See my post I made RIGHT before this one I'm quoting.

Yeah. Stop complaining guys. Bad stuff happened before so don't bother with the bad stuff that's happening now. That's how things get better.

Point missed. Complaining is fine - and natural. Hyperbolic, over-the-top, completely-out-proportion, apocalyptic, uninformed, "the sky is falling," complaining ALL THE TIME about things not remotely deserving of it, is NOT fine. It's a social disease, in fact.

Point missed. Complaining is fine - and natural. Hyperbolic, over-the-top, completely-out-proportion, apocalyptic, uninformed, "the sky is falling," complaining ALL THE TIME about things not remotely deserving of it, is NOT fine. It's a social disease, in fact.
Why do I get the feeling that in another life, Patine in 410 AD would be standing on the Aurelian Walls, watching the Goths come over the hills, and tell his fellow citizens "Stop it with the hyperbolic, over-the-top, completely-out-of-proportion, apocalyptic, uninformed, "the sky is falling", complaining ALL THE TIME. It's not like it is Hannibal after all."

Why do I get the feeling that in another life, Patine in 410 AD would be standing on the Aurelian Walls, watching the Goths come over the hills, and tell his fellow citizens "Stop it with the hyperbolic, over-the-top, completely-out-of-proportion, apocalyptic, uninformed, "the sky is falling", complaining ALL THE TIME. It's not like it is Hannibal after all."

Your feelings cloud your judgement. That event WAS more in line with the calibre of complaining all of you always do in it's impact. NOTHING in 2020 has been, except arguably the COVID-19 outbreak, but I find it highly and disgustingly disingenuous and lowly that people all over the world are more concerned with using it as ammunition for socio-political blame games than working together to overcome it globally. But no one here, but me, is complaining about that last bit, and certainly not acknowledging it's utter vile and warped nature as a common sentiment.

Time for you (and everyone else on this forum) to get their news from media outlets that AREN'T American based, run, and owned. The sensationalist, incendiary, fire-spitting, yellow-journalism-dominated, blatantly and undisguidedly partisan (of one major U.S. party or another) slanted, exaggerated, manipulative, emotionally-playing, and, at times, even outright lying U.S. media of the last almost two decades (since about the retirement of Walter Cronkite) has sunk so low and become such a cesspool you'd never know if you watched it - any American news outlets with any regularity - that we actually live, today, in, RELATIVELY speaking, the safest, most tolerant, and most peaceful time period in recorded world history. The constant apocalyptic, doomsday forecast and fear, panic, and rage-mongering just to make sails and up ratings by all these American "news," (the parentheses are used advisedly) outlets SHOULD be a crime that would them ALL off the air, out of print, and offline, frankly, because they produce completely unfounded posts like yours, and tonnes of others on these forums and across the Internet, and the motions behind them, that are just not at all justified.

I generally agree with your sentiment that the sky isn't falling (I think I even liked one of your posts on it earlier today, go figure), but I think he might be right about this one, Patine. RBG was an absolute titan of the left. I think that her death could have exceptional consequences, far over and above whatever rulings her replacement may make.

This has the potential of sparking something immense... Either actual violence, or, frankly, and end run of all end runs the next time the Democrats take control. This is a very concerning event.

The mid-3rd century AD: Manichaeanism is founded, leading Patine to angrily accuse Mani of founding neo-Manichaeanism.

AD 541: The Justinian Plague breaks out. In response to widespread fear, Patine angrily accuses those afraid of being OVER-THE-TOP, ridiculous, ABSURD, stupid, VAPID, neo-Manichaean, NAÏVE FOOLS who lack the wisdom to realize that plagues have happened before and that the complainers are the real plague.

AD 549 - AD 1933: Patine spends about fourteen centuries lecturing others about how badly culture and manners have deteriorated compared to a golden age that happened at an unspecified point in the past.

AD 1933: In response to Hitler's appointment, Patine defends Hitler against accusations of Fascism, saying that unless it comes from Italy, it's just sparkling authoritarianism.

In any case, Ginsburg's death and Trump's guaranteed appointment of a loyal stooge means that, in the unlikely event Biden wins, Biden must force the admission of DC as a state and pack the court to correct the stolen seat from Obama and to ensure the SCOTUS actually represents the people and not an extremist minority.

Your feelings cloud your judgement. That event WAS more in line with the calibre of complaining all of you always do in it's impact. NOTHING in 2020 has been, except arguably the COVID-19 outbreak, but I find it highly and disgustingly disingenuous and lowly that people all over the world are more concerned with using it as ammunition for socio-political blame games than working together to overcome it globally. But no one here, but me, is complaining about that last bit, and certainly not acknowledging it's utter vile and warped nature as a common sentiment.

Dude, if America falls to fascism, well, to quote Haile Selassie..."it is us today, it will be you tomorrow."

I generally agree with your sentiment that the sky isn't falling (I think I even liked one of your posts on it earlier today, go figure), but I think he might be right about this one, Patine. RBG was an absolute titan of the left. I think that her death could have exceptional consequences, far over and above whatever rulings her replacement may make.

This has the potential of sparking something immense... Either actual violence, or, frankly, and end run of all end runs the next time the Democrats take control. This is a very concerning event.

Well, personally, I'd like to see a hard ban on the appointment of Federal Justices based on ideological bias or partisan patronage and spoils, period...

That being said, she couldn't live forever, but the politicizing of her death is going to end up being just as ugly and repugnant an affair as the politicizing of the COVID-19 virus.

The mid-3rd century AD: Manichaeanism is founded, leading Patine to angrily accuse Mani of founding neo-Manichaeanism.

AD 541: The Justinian Plague breaks out. In response to widespread fear, Patine angrily accuses those afraid of being OVER-THE-TOP, ridiculous, ABSURD, stupid, VAPID, neo-Manichaean, NAÏVE FOOLS who lack the wisdom to realize that plagues have happened before and that the complainers are the real plague.

AD 549 - AD 1933: Patine spends about fourteen centuries lecturing others about how badly culture and manners have deteriorated compared to a golden age that happened at an unspecified point in the past.

AD 1933: In response to Hitler's appointment, Patine defends Hitler against accusations of Fascism, saying that unless it comes from Italy, it's just sparkling authoritarianism.

You obviously don't know me at all, and you're conjuring false sentiments attributed to me for flawed and disingenuous rhetoric (on the very cusp of slander, in fact), and you're actually, seriously comparing the Justinian Plague and Election of Hitler in significance to overturn of a single U.S. Supreme Court seat. How can you actually post on these forums and expect to be taken seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:
You obviously don't know me at all, and you're conjuring false sentiments attributed to me for flawed and disingenuous rhetoric (on the very cusp of slander, in fact), and you're actually, seriously comparing the Justinian Plague and Election of Hitler in significance to overturn of a single U.S. Supreme Court seat. How can you actually post on these forums and expect to be taken seriously?

Yes, we only "know" you as you have presented yourself here...but if you don't like the way you are perceived and think it isn't "really you" the only place to point a finger of responsibility is at yourself.

Dude, if America falls to fascism, well, to quote Haile Selassie..."it is us today, it will be you tomorrow."

How is America going to "Fall to Fascism," when less than a fraction of a percent of the American population are actually adherents of that ideology - and none in an elected or significant appointed Federal Government office. Would you just STOP spamming, irresponsibly, inappropriately, and completely inaccurately a term you OBVIOUSLY do not understand what is MEANS OR IS, but keep shooting your mouth off as if you did understand, and expect everyone to treat you like you understood it and were using at all correctly, and use a term that is accurate and appropriate! STOP THIS DISINGENUOUS GARBAGE! And that applies to all the other posters on this thread doing exactly the same thing! STOP!

Since the republicans are obviously going to force a replacement and the last guy was dodgy anyway, hell yeah it's time to run on a platform of outright packing the supreme court against them!

Hell yeah time to run on a platform of packing the supreme court

As I said above, Federal Justices chosen for ideological bias or partisan patronage and spoils appointments should be made invalid choices, with a hard limit and restriction. The U.S. Federal Judiciary lacks any integrity, credibility, legitimacy, and respectability, the whole purpose of the branch of government is undermined, it's a permanent and continuous miscarriage of justice, and EVERY Supreme Court is under the shroud of suspicion of bias - partisan bias.

Even just packing them with normies rather than ghouls would be good

Even just packing them with normies rather than ghouls would be good

Problem is eventually the GoP will win election.

Increase size to 13 next court becomes 15, then you win make it 17 etc.

Yes, we only "know" you as you have presented yourself here...but if you don't like the way you are perceived and think it isn't "really you" the only place to point a finger of responsibility is at yourself.

Whats that saying about pointing fingers at others all the time? Patine is so busy pointing at all of us all the time he forgets he always has four fingers pointing at himself. (thanks mom, I finally used it on someone)

The pretense that the GOP will constrain their behavior if the Democrats do is clearly obsolete.

I'm not but it makes the court a complete joke.

Trump stole 1 judge but with Senate plus presidency he's allowed to do 2.

You yourself said there's consequences the left has to learn if they stay at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom