1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 US Election (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lexicus, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobAnybody

RobAnybody Emperor

I dunno... I mean, maybe it's your laptop? I can't be sure it isn't you in those pictures until you go on the news & publicly say it isn't. 50-50 chance it's you or Hunter Biden in those pics - neither of you have publicly claimed it isn't after all, so I'm honestly not sure at this point.

klar_heiland, hobbsyoyo, aelf and 2 others like this.
  2. amadeus

amadeus The Choice of a New Generation

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of evidence that the man fired, Shokin, was investigating Burisma at the time of his termination or at the time Hunter was being paid by them.

3. Arwon

Arwon

I've gotta say, I can't quite picture the preselection voting system that gets Sanders the nom from the level of support he had

hobbsyoyo, Drakle and Lexicus like this.
  4. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Good lord, you're really defending that garbage policy? Bad move.

KaibaCorp and Hamid.H like this.
  5. Hamid.H

Hamid.H Prince

congratulations. you just qualified yourself as a privileged trump supporter who only cares about weed.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  6. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

He was still an autocrat that was ruthless. Perhaps an improvement on the current regime.

Younger Iranians in exile though won't have lived under his regime so they can take their parents views and know that his regime isn't the current one.

Alot of Iranians turned on him due to the repression. No big surprise though a revolutionary government is worse than the previous one.

7. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

My mass murderers are less evil than yours...but for god's sake dont count the bodies, I might be wrong

Didn't just about everyone but Warren drop before super Tuesday because the establishment wanted people to coalesce behind Biden while Bernie and Warren split the progressive vote? Thats pretty damn transparent.

Why would Joe put his name on corporate documents if he wanted to hide income?

Sick Mueller on the Bidens for a couple years and maybe we'll find out

KaibaCorp likes this.
  8. Hamid.H

Hamid.H Prince

and how would you know exactly?

im iranian. are you saying you know better than the lived experiences of me, my family, and friends?

9. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

I'm saying unless you're older you than I thought you may not have experienced his regime.

His regime might have been good for your family idk their background.

Autocratic regimes tend to be good for certain people and if they get overthrown by everyone else then yeah people flee.

If the Shah was that good a ruler he wouldn't have been overthrown.

10. Drakle

Drakle King

He wasn't investigating. That was the point. Biden put pressure to fire him, because he was corrupt, and US and EU businesspeople were complaining. If he and Hunter were corrupt together, they would have left him in place because he was easily corruptible.

Not going to explain it?

I said that specifically to you, because you are just a whiner and the only stated positions so far, that aren't general screeds is weed and college debt. Lexicus actually voted Biden.

Even if you add every single Warren vote to Sanders, Biden still wins easily. And there is no indication that Warren voters would have gone all to Sanders, more likely they would have split faily evenly.

And Bloomberg was still in the race and got roughly the same number of votes as Warren.

How was he supposed to get paid then? Unmarked paper bags? He was a Senator and a VP. If he wanted to get rich in Washington, he could have done it easily. He could have immediately landed a job at K street for millions, with his track record.

The only link Joe Biden has to this, is his name and the fact as VP he did some work in Ukraine. Literally nothing else links him.

Mueller is a chump. Senate Republicans did a better job than him.

11. amadeus

amadeus The Choice of a New Generation

Not necessarily. If the opposition is tactically better, it’s entirely possible to replace a fair government with one that is much worse. The communist takeovers of Hungary and Czechoslovakia come to mind.

I drew the same conclusion.

12. Hamid.H

Hamid.H Prince

this is an extremely shallow and simplified explanation for why he was overthrown. without getting into the whole history of iran and the iranian revolution - as this is incredibly off topic - he was a bad coalition builder which really has nothing to do with his ideals or how much popular support he had at the time.

13. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

That's with outside help though.

Shahs secret police were notoriously brutal.
    I'm not surprised the next regime was worse though revolutions are a crap shoot.

Drakle likes this.
  14. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Any regime with a particular brutal secret police isn't that stable imho.

Drakle likes this.
  15. Hamid.H

Hamid.H Prince

because i refuse to vote for a politician like biden who couldnt care less about his base? sure. whatever.

its kind of necessary if theres a violent insurrection of radical leftists and religious fanatics afoot. there was a failed assassination attempt where an assassin shot him something like 9 times and once in the head. he was overthrown by the very same kinds of people ruling iran today. they were and are very bad people.

tbh, youre speaking from a position of extreme privilege on this, living in a country like new zealand.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  16. Drakle

Drakle King

When did the meaning of the phrase 'base of the party' get changed? I thought it meant its reliable voters and partisans, not some dumbass who swallows every single line of right-wing propaganda put out. Which is why everybody thinks you are just a Trump supporter. And referred to a majority of votes, not the majority of people whining on the internet. You're a loud minority.

17. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

It's politics 101. Read "The Prince" it's basically a 101 on how to be an autocrat.

Basically you want to be feared a little bit. If you're outright hated eventually something goes wrong.

18. Hamid.H

Hamid.H Prince

honestly im so sick of the dnc, their elitist attitude, and their party members who blindly votes for whatever establishment politician they decide to appoint. then they browbeat anyone who thinks they should do better. just look at how hateful you are because i dont want to vote for your dumpster fire of a candidate.

it was so cathartic watching hillary lose the election and seeing these *******s cry about it for years on end.

19. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

I'd rather not get too far into the rathole as the only object of H.Hamid's posts are to sow discord among his enemies, but the idea that student debt should be bankruptcy-proof because otherwise lenders can't make good their losses is just idiotic. The entire moral basis of charging interest for a loan is that there is risk involved in being a creditor; you have to decide who's a good investment and who isn't. Structuring public policy around ensuring the repayment of loans is therefore morally unacceptable unless lenders are prepared to stop charging interest.

20. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Drakle, card-carrying member of the DNC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.