2020 US Election (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If thats not his laptop and those aren't selfies of Hunter on the crack pipe why doesn't he say so?
I dunno... I mean, maybe it's your laptop? I can't be sure it isn't you in those pictures until you go on the news & publicly say it isn't. 50-50 chance it's you or Hunter Biden in those pics - neither of you have publicly claimed it isn't after all, so I'm honestly not sure at this point.

There is no collateral. Why wouldn't everybody just declare bankruptcy once they have their degree, which is just knowledge that can't be taken away? If you default on a house, they take the house, if you default on a car, they take the car.

Good lord, you're really defending that garbage policy? Bad move.

congratulations. you just qualified yourself as a privileged trump supporter who only cares about weed.
And your fellow Bernie supporters are morons.
Anyway, it is clear all you care about is weed and your personal college debt. Your position is that of privilege. You are effectively as bad as a Trump supporter.

Last edited:
for the 100th time on this forum

virtually every iranian american has at least a somewhat favorable view of the shah because our families were the ones who fled around the time of the revolution. the shah was very progressive and especially so when you consider the economic, political, and cultural structures of iran during that time. he also championed many liberal causes that are still being fought for in western countries today.

i take it you know nothing of the white revolution (aka the bloodless revolution). the shah launched a series of wide-spread reforms designed to weaken the traditional elitist factions that supported the old system. were talking things such as industrialization, the eradication of malaria, allowing women to vote, nationalization of forests and pastures, improvement of the education system, formation of literacy and health corps for rural isolated areas, profit sharing schemes for workers, and other means to reduce the influence of landlords to further support the working class. he expropriated large and medium-sized estates from elitist factions for the benefit of small farmers, provided free-of-charge nourishment for school age children. he also did a lot for education and greatly increased the average iranian income. the shah dragged those supporting old systems of patriarchal oppression, social inequality, and hereditary privilege kicking and screaming into the future.

on this forum ive been accused by so-called progressive democrats and liberals as everything from being a jihadist to a nazi or a fascist simply because of my background and religion. its disgusting and shameful that i should have to put up with such baseless discrimination just because im an iranian who also happens to be muslim. to put it frankly i expected better from people who profess to have such "liberal and progressive" views. how about you start practicing what you preach!

He was still an autocrat that was ruthless. Perhaps an improvement on the current regime.

Younger Iranians in exile though won't have lived under his regime so they can take their parents views and know that his regime isn't the current one.

Alot of Iranians turned on him due to the repression. No big surprise though a revolutionary government is worse than the previous one.

And if you keep voting for the larger evil, it won't matter what the dnc does, anyway.

My mass murderers are less evil than yours...but for god's sake dont count the bodies, I might be wrong

How did the establishment 'rob him'. Biden won more votes.

Didn't just about everyone but Warren drop before super Tuesday because the establishment wanted people to coalesce behind Biden while Bernie and Warren split the progressive vote? Thats pretty damn transparent.

Wow, that was so hard. /s

Why would Joe put his name on corporate documents if he wanted to hide income?

this is parently ridiculous. You obviously have no idea how corrupt Trump actually is.

Sick Mueller on the Bidens for a couple years and maybe we'll find out

He was still an autocrat that was ruthless. Perhaps an improvement on the current regime.

Younger Iranians in exile though won't have lived under his regime so they can take their parents views and know that his regime isn't the current one.

Alot of Iranians turned on him due to the repression. No big surprise though a revolutionary government is worse than the previous one.
and how would you know exactly?

im iranian. are you saying you know better than the lived experiences of me, my family, and friends?

and how would you know exactly?

im iranian. are you saying you know better than the lived experiences of me, my family, and friends?

I'm saying unless you're older you than I thought you may not have experienced his regime.

His regime might have been good for your family idk their background.

Autocratic regimes tend to be good for certain people and if they get overthrown by everyone else then yeah people flee.

If the Shah was that good a ruler he wouldn't have been overthrown.

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of evidence that the man fired, Shokin, was investigating Burisma at the time of his termination or at the time Hunter was being paid by them.

He wasn't investigating. That was the point. Biden put pressure to fire him, because he was corrupt, and US and EU businesspeople were complaining. If he and Hunter were corrupt together, they would have left him in place because he was easily corruptible.

Not going to explain it?

congratulations. you just qualified yourself as a privileged trump supporter who only cares about weed.

I said that specifically to you, because you are just a whiner and the only stated positions so far, that aren't general screeds is weed and college debt. Lexicus actually voted Biden.

Didn't just about everyone but Warren drop before super Tuesday because the establishment wanted people to coalesce behind Biden while Bernie and Warren split the progressive vote? Thats pretty damn transparent.

Even if you add every single Warren vote to Sanders, Biden still wins easily. And there is no indication that Warren voters would have gone all to Sanders, more likely they would have split faily evenly.

And Bloomberg was still in the race and got roughly the same number of votes as Warren.

Why would Joe put his name on corporate documents if he wanted to hide income?

How was he supposed to get paid then? Unmarked paper bags? He was a Senator and a VP. If he wanted to get rich in Washington, he could have done it easily. He could have immediately landed a job at K street for millions, with his track record.

The only link Joe Biden has to this, is his name and the fact as VP he did some work in Ukraine. Literally nothing else links him.

Sick Mueller on the Bidens for a couple years and maybe we'll find out

Mueller is a chump. Senate Republicans did a better job than him.

Not necessarily. If the opposition is tactically better, it’s entirely possible to replace a fair government with one that is much worse. The communist takeovers of Hungary and Czechoslovakia come to mind.

If he and Hunter were corrupt together, they would have left him in place because he was easily corruptible.
I drew the same conclusion.

this is an extremely shallow and simplified explanation for why he was overthrown. without getting into the whole history of iran and the iranian revolution - as this is incredibly off topic - he was a bad coalition builder which really has nothing to do with his ideals or how much popular support he had at the time.

Not necessarily. If the opposition is tactically better, it’s entirely possible to replace a fair government with one that is much worse. The communist takeovers of Hungary and Czechoslovakia come to mind.

I drew the same conclusion.

That's with outside help though.

Shahs secret police were notoriously brutal.
I'm not surprised the next regime was worse though revolutions are a crap shoot.

this is an extremely shallow and simplified explanation for why he was overthrown. without getting into the whole history of iran and the iranian revolution - as this is incredibly off topic - he was a bad coalition builder which really has nothing to do with his ideals or how much popular support he had at the time.

Any regime with a particular brutal secret police isn't that stable imho.

you are just a whiner
because i refuse to vote for a politician like biden who couldnt care less about his base? sure. whatever.

Any regime with a particular brutal secret police isn't that stable imho.
its kind of necessary if theres a violent insurrection of radical leftists and religious fanatics afoot. there was a failed assassination attempt where an assassin shot him something like 9 times and once in the head. he was overthrown by the very same kinds of people ruling iran today. they were and are very bad people.

tbh, youre speaking from a position of extreme privilege on this, living in a country like new zealand.

Last edited:
because i refuse to vote for a politician like biden who couldnt care less about his base? sure. whatever.

When did the meaning of the phrase 'base of the party' get changed? I thought it meant its reliable voters and partisans, not some dumbass who swallows every single line of right-wing propaganda put out. Which is why everybody thinks you are just a Trump supporter. And referred to a majority of votes, not the majority of people whining on the internet. You're a loud minority.

its kind of necessary if theres a violent insurrection of radical leftists and religious fanatics afoot. there was a failed assassination attempt where an assassin shot him something like 9 times and once in the head. he was overthrown by the very same kinds of people ruling iran today. they were and are very bad people.

tbh, youre speaking from a position of extreme privilege on this, living in a country like new zealand.

It's politics 101. Read "The Prince" it's basically a 101 on how to be an autocrat.

Basically you want to be feared a little bit. If you're outright hated eventually something goes wrong.

When did the meaning of the phrase 'base of the party' get changed? I thought it meant its reliable voters and partisans, not some dumbass who swallows every single line of right-wing propaganda put out. And referred to a majority of votes, not the majority of people whining on the internet. You're a loud minority.
honestly im so sick of the dnc, their elitist attitude, and their party members who blindly votes for whatever establishment politician they decide to appoint. then they browbeat anyone who thinks they should do better. just look at how hateful you are because i dont want to vote for your dumpster fire of a candidate.

it was so cathartic watching hillary lose the election and seeing these *******s cry about it for years on end.

Not going to explain it?

I'd rather not get too far into the rathole as the only object of H.Hamid's posts are to sow discord among his enemies, but the idea that student debt should be bankruptcy-proof because otherwise lenders can't make good their losses is just idiotic. The entire moral basis of charging interest for a loan is that there is risk involved in being a creditor; you have to decide who's a good investment and who isn't. Structuring public policy around ensuring the repayment of loans is therefore morally unacceptable unless lenders are prepared to stop charging interest.

honestly im so sick of the dnc, their elitist attitude, and the their party who blindly votes for whatever establishment politician they decide to appoint. just look at how hateful you are because i dont want to vote for your dumpster fire of a candidate.

Drakle, card-carrying member of the DNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom