1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 US Election (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lexicus, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakle

Drakle King

Man, there you go again. You fudge up your trolling. You have to keep the mask on, but then you just expose yourself again. Not a single bit about policy that you care about which drove you to vote for Bernie, just brazen partisan crap straight from the Fox News bubble. And glee over Trump whining, despite everything he has done in office, and how far back he has set back the progressive cause. Yeah, Bernie was totally campaigning on utter callousness. Oh and I'm apparently the hateful one because I think giving the guy who got over 200,000 Americans killed is a bad idea. That is a position of privilege.

You are a troll. And likely some middle to upper-middle-class kid, whose Iranian professional family fled the poor revolutionaries, and now affects some class warrior, populist attitude. I wouldn't be surprised if they are part of the MEK cult.

FriendlyFire likes this.
  2. Hamid.H

Hamid.H Prince

everyone who thinks the dnc should do better than biden is a shill

3. Drakle

Drakle King

hobbsyoyo and Sommerswerd like this.
  4. Hamid.H

Hamid.H Prince

omg him and kamala only locked up tens of thousands of young black men for petty drug crimes and called them super predators. derp.

in all fairness this is probably how you should expect a biden/harris voter to treat refugees and poc.

5. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

Republicans are better on these topics then?

hobbsyoyo and Drakle like this.
  6. Arwon

Arwon

Honestly by the standards of the central committees/bureaucracies/elites/administrations of literally any other major political party in the western world, the DNC and RNC are barely even things.

As far as candidate selection processes go, they barely control them. They don't have any single uniform recognised leader or spokesperson when they don't hold the presidency. They don't really have that much power over candidate access and selection. They only really make incremental nudging changes to how they're chosen, since primaries are also governed by state laws.

They don't do much more than express non-uniform preferences from among the candidates. Like sure, it was clear the hierarchy would have preferred not to have Sanders, but still he was there and doing well - their only real weapon was soft power like endorsement statements. They don't control much of the money that flows into candidates during primaries (do they direct any funds? is there a DNC/RNC establishment preferred candidate slush fund?).

For all the conspiratorial muttering by Americans, it's an incredibly open party system and candidate preselection process by essentially any comparable standard. Even Canada's very public leadership conventions only involve dues paying members getting to vote on candidates and a lot of systems barely even have that.

Hell, in most parliamentary systems, the leader has to be chosen from sitting members of the legislature. A figure selected behind closed doors by a bunch of people chosen behind closed doors. The Labor Party in Australia chooses a party leader by a vote consisting of 50% the elected MPs and 50% popular vote, and it used to just be the MPs.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    hobbsyoyo, uppi, Lexicus and 2 others like this.
  7. Hamid.H

Hamid.H Prince

trump did pass prison reform and has record low black unemployment. why didnt obama and biden do that when they had the chance? i guarantee you if they did you wouldnt have trump as potus right now.

8. Drakle

Drakle King

Lexicus likes this.
  9. Hamid.H

Hamid.H Prince

in all fairness i doubt trump is running around infecting african americans with covid but i suppose you could say something like this to deflect away from valid criticisms of biden. his past actions have been proven bad for poc. same with kamala.

besides werent you the one who wanted to know why i refuse to vote for him?

KaibaCorp likes this.
  10. Drakle

Drakle King

I know exactly why you're voting for Trump. You're a dumb troll. Do you even play CIV?

Moderator Action: Calling someone a troll is actually trolling under the rules. Please don't do it. --LM

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2020
  11. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

You think GOP and Fox news would have backed Obama doing that?

12. Hamid.H

Hamid.H Prince

maybe i should just out of pure spite

Moderator Action: You've been trolling the forum for the last few pages. Don't you think it's time to give it a rest? (And read carefully, that is not a request).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2020
  13. Drakle

Drakle King

'You drove me to do this' - favoured tactic of the cowardly conservative.

But even on face value, imagine getting mad at a Australian taunting you, that you help destroy your own country. lol.

RobAnybody likes this.
  14. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

But I wasn't accusing Antifa or other posters of murdering millions of political dissidents, just showing how the violent suppression of free speech is a shared 'value' because you said "No one here has advocated anything Stalinist ever".

You replaced 'anything' (the violent suppression of free speech) with mass murder, that means nobody shares anything with Stalinism if they dont murder millions of people. Thats called a straw man and they are anything but mature and intelligent, they're designed to be childish and stupid.

So...if the KKK showed up at a BLM protest and 'a fight broke out', would you be defending BLM's free speech? Where censorship goes hypocrisy is close behind like Pigpen's dust cloud.

It isn't me and it aint my laptop. See how easy that is? Now it's Hunter's turn. But why is it a 50-50 chance? It could be you too, I dont see your denial yet or the several billion other people on this planet.

Shokin raided the owner's home in early 2016 and was not only investigating Burisma but that Hunter was on his list of interviews. In late 2015 around the time Burisma "may" have met with Biden shortly before he fired Shokin, the NYT published an article mentioning Shokin's investigation of Burisma and Hunter's possible exposure.

So what happened after Shokin was fired? Burisma paid a fine, the case was closed and the owner returned from exile. Worked out nicely, the owner was later implicated in bribing Ukrainian officials. Here's another tidbit, The Atlantic Council smeared Shokin and was paid by Burisma too. Notice a pattern? It will be interesting to see what happens to Durham's investigation if Biden takes office.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/09/viktor-shokin-affidavit-biden/

Democrats actually tried to convince people Biden fired Shokin because he wasn't investigating Hunter's company.

edit: Burisma may have met with Joe Biden in April '16, I dont know if they met a 2nd time later in the year shortly before Joe demanded Shokin be fired.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    KaibaCorp likes this.
  15. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Throw in an NZer as well. Team ANZAC.

Two regimes wrecked his own county, flees to America supports Trump wrecking that one.

There's a pattern here.

Drakle likes this.
  16. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

One could swear that the one with the bank accounts in China itself and permission to operate in Cuba was Donald Trump, and furthermore that his daughter Ivanka ahd acted as the intermediary receiving PRC patents in exchange for ZTE being given benefits in the U.S. of A. But I stand corrected thanks to your cromulent veracity.
    Would you like to have SAVAK's methods applied to white extremist militias?
    *gasp* You have just defended Islamic banking, which proves Comrade Hamid's point that you are a leftwing religious fanatic who overthrew HIH the Shah for that usurper Khomeini.
    I have already posted that it gets tiresome to still be repeating General Lee's old spiel that the n-words do better with the KKK in charge.
    But it's no wonder when the person who tries to accuse me and others of discriminating against him for being Muslim at the same time supports Donald Trump.

Gorbles and Drakle like this.
  17. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

Defending the Klan again I see...

Gorbles and Drakle like this.
  18. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Comrade b b bu bu but Hilary!!!!!

19. RobAnybody

RobAnybody Emperor

That *was* pretty easy. But.. unfortunately I heard Hunter went on an Off-Topic subforum of Crusader Kings & said it wasn't his laptop as well. Which, I guess, means now you're back on even footing & I'm back to thinking it's probably you in those pictures.

I guess you're going to need to one-up him & go on like CNN or Fox News & publicly deny it's your laptop or else I'm gonna keep believing it's you in those pictures. If you don't deny it, it's just as likely it's you in those pictures.

Drakle likes this.
  20. amadeus

amadeus The Choice of a New Generation

8 days until election.

If I voted for Trump, non-stop, 24 hours a day, every second, it would not be enough to make up even the margin of error between Trump/Biden.

Ouch! :lol:

hobbsyoyo and El_Machinae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.