2020 US Election (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be a wet blanket Lex :p

I feel like there is no way I could possibly ever be as much of a wet blanket as Pete Buttigieg, he is like ten million wet blankets somehow transmuted into a human form

I feel like there is no way I could possibly ever be as much of a wet blanket as Pete Buttigieg, he is like ten million wet blankets somehow transmuted into a human form
I want someone to make my dreams come true and make a music video out of fictional rapper "Thugnificent"s song "Booty Butt Cheeks" featured in The Boondocks , whereby they edit the words "Booty Butt Cheeks" into "Booty Judge Pete".

I'm too lazy... someone else pleeeeease do it, do it, gogogogo :bounce: :banana:

I want someone to make my dreams come true and make a music video out of fictional rapper "Thugnificent"s song "Booty Butt Cheeks" featured in The Boondocks , whereby they edit the words "Booty Butt Cheeks" into "Booty Judge Pete".

I have made that mental association so many times except I say to myself "booty judge cheeks booty judge cheeks"
Unfortunately this task is far beyond my capabilities

Regardless of his policies, it is quite a feat that as a Mayor and a Gay Man he is still in the race. It's an encouraging sign. (but yes, you should elect a woman first)

Indeed, it is quite a feat that he is a candidate just because he is gay and regardless of gray/unpopular policies. Just not a positive feat; just the usual media fake hype.

Don't underestimate the positive impact of role models and also of normalization in media (fiction and news). It's knowledge that gets distributed further and further. Society is changing rapidly, but it takes quite a long time for that change to take roots. But yes, this is about Inclusion and not about the presidential race. But frankly, the American media doesn't seem to cover issues or policies with any other candidate as well, at least not with further details than "he/she is progressive".

Ran into an interesting bit of information just now.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...-larger-share-of-bernie-sanders-base-than-men

New findings from The Economist show that women under 45 make up a larger share of Bernie Sanders’ base than do men in their same age group, contradicting a popular narrative that says the 2020 Democratic candidate's supporters are overwhelmingly white and male, to the virtual exclusion of other groups.

Have to say this isn't too surprising given that women generally tend to be more left-leaning than men.

Older? A Bernie fan? Both?

Regardless of his policies, it is quite a feat that as a Mayor and a Gay Man he is still in the race. It's an encouraging sign. (but yes, you should elect a woman first)
It's kind of a critical juncture for humanity, not sure electing presidents in some sort of politically correct order should be a top priority (though I'd certainly be down for a president from the most distrusted subgroup in America at any point)

Spoiler :
atheists

Donald Trump is an atheist. Well, no, he thinks of himself as a godlike figure, but you get my point.

However, he does cater to various religious extremist groups and forward their interests.

Also… are you sure that atheists are more distrusted than, say, Negroes or Injuns?

Also… are you sure that atheists are more distrusted than, say, Negroes or Injuns?

I don't know about orientation, ethnicity or skin color but polls say atheism is the most distrusted group in regards to religion.

It seems that the general consensus among US Christians is that gayness can be "cured"/suppressed or at least tolerated a little; but once someone realizes that religion isn't real then there's no going back.

I don't know about orientation, ethnicity or skin color but polls say atheism is the most distrusted group in regards to religion.
Even more than Mooslems?
There's probably an unmeasured variable here somewhere, i.e. to some groups Islam is more intolerable but overall atheists are more distrusted. At this point, and this late at night, this is just a conjecture from me.
Bugfatty300 said:
It seems that the general consensus among US Christians is that gayness can be "cured"/suppressed or at least tolerated a little
:ack:
Bugfatty said:
but once someone realizes that religion isn't real then there's no going back.
Religion is a real thing. Whether you believe in the supernatural, be it gods, the undead, spirits, shamans, etc. is another matter, but religion as such is real.

Religion is a real thing. Whether you believe in the supernatural, be it gods, the undead, spirits, shamans, etc. is another matter, but religion as such is real.

Religion is not a real thing in the sense that its peddlers insist. Just because there is a Star Trek convention doesn't mean there is a real Enterprise flying around blowing up Death Stars.

Last edited:
Religion is not a real thing in the sense that its peddlers insist. Just because there is a Star Trek convention doesn't mean there is a real Enterprise flying around blowing up Death Stars.

Comprehension fail.

Religion exists, Trek doesn't it's entertainment.

Even more than Mooslems?
Yes. We're openly despised and disparaged but a lot of the stigma has faded with the younger generation even as it persists with the older people. Coming out as an atheist can break up a family the same way coming out as gay did for most people until recently (and it still happens for gay people of course but is trending better). It's almost completely verboten to be an atheist in politics as a result.

People say that age is the last area where discrimination is allowed in our society but I disagree because of how atheists are treated and perceived.

Deval Patrick (former governor of Massachusetts)jumped into the Democratic race, bringing the total of people running back up to 18. Mark Sanford (former SC governor) dropped out of the Republican race. He says the specter of impeachment has crowded him out of the race and prevented him from raising funds.

Full list of candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom