2020 US Election (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends how he performs.

He's losing but overall delegates aren't that bad 600 something vs 800 something.

The delegate count is one side of the question. The other side, which I've been "blathering" about since Sanders was the "presumptive nominee" after Nevada is that he has underperformed in every single contest except Nevada as compared to 2016. But let's say he pulls off a truly remarkable turnaround and suddenly next Tuesday, with close to 600 delegates on the line, he starts matching his 2016 performance. In 2016 he lost all four of those states. Even the remarkable turnaround where instead of losing states he ran close in by double digits, losing states that he won in last time, and trailing in "too close to call yet" fashion in a state where he won by 45 points he starts matching his performances leaves him still dropping by another hundred delegates. Such a remarkable turnaround still leaves him with no realistic path to a majority.

But the far more predictable continuation of the way things are going has him dropping closer to 250 further behind, because all four of those states are very likely double digit, if not twenty point losses. Next Wednesday morning if he is down the predictable 500 delegates and calls with a "what do I get if I withdraw?" feeler he could be told, frankly, that at that point he is welcome to take as many drubbings as he is inclined to take and there is no reason to make him any kind of deal.
I think he playing it smart and we'll see what he does on Sunday: Asking Biden how he will accommodate Bernie supporters in November and after.

He has some leverage in that regard now. It evaporates by next Wednesday barring a miracle.

I think its highly incriminating in itself that the average hardworking American makes 50k a year while someone else makes 50k a month and it is not clear whether the latter has done anything useful.

Incriminating of what? A system that allows the wealthy and powerful to feed their offspring debt free through Yale Law while my kids graduated from the school of hard knocks? Yeah, sucks butt...but at the moment it isn't a crime.

Biden voted to invade Iraq to prevent an invasion of Iraq, he told Lawrence O'Donnell he didn't think Saddam had WMD and the inspectors would tell us so if only we could get them in to inspect. Back then after the war had started Biden was all in on a pre-emptive war because Saddam had WMD.

TrumpisaliarTrumpisaliarTrumpisaliar

Vote Biden!

Biden voted to invade Iraq to prevent an invasion of Iraq, he told Lawrence O'Donnell he didn't think Saddam had WMD and the inspectors would tell us so if only we could get them in to inspect. Back then after the war had started Biden was all in on a pre-emptive war because Saddam had WMD.

TrumpisaliarTrumpisaliarTrumpisaliar

Vote Biden!
Who gives a crap. They rallied around the flag to support a GoP president pushing for the war and lying about it in an environment after 9/11.

Yeah Obama sent in troops to clean up GoP mess. Who destabilized the ME in the first place?

ISIS grew as a direct result of Bush 2.0 invasion.

So, since it isn't a crime what exactly do you propose should be done about you little "highly incriminating in itself"? Ban relatives of Yale Law grads from public office? Relatives of anyone with a job? Or is it really just anyone that you, Robbie Rando on teh interwebz, take a dislike to? That sounds like due process, donnit?

So, since it isn't a crime what exactly do you propose should be done about you little "highly incriminating in itself"? Ban relatives of Yale Law grads from public office? Relatives of anyone with a job? Or is it really just anyone that you, Robbie Rando on teh interwebz, take a dislike to? That sounds like due process, donnit?

Due process doesn't apply. Everyone I don't like is a fascist.

Spoiler Fascist!!!! :
IMG_20190321_170418.jpg

Gotta have some fun;).
Fair enough. My own pursuit of fun...I was talking to a guy this afternoon who said that Biden swept every county in Michigan. I actually told him I didn't believe it, because the last time I looked at detailed returns Sanders stronghold in Ann Arbor was giving him that county by three points. The vote around Ann Arbor was the key to his surprise victory in 2016 Michigan primary, and he campaigned the stuffing out there at UM for most of the available time since the third. It seemed pretty much unimaginable that he couldn't carry that county.

My friend, it turns out, was right. I will have to apologize.
Bernie has a good idea what to do about it. Unfortunately (not for me, I'm European), US is a kind of corporate oligarchy where a person that desires even a remotely fair society can not be elected.

Please explain...are you suggesting that Sanders has suggested abandoning due process? I don't usually say things like this, but very flatly: link or that didn't happen.

Fair enough. My own pursuit of fun...I was talking to a guy this afternoon who said that Biden swept every county in Michigan. I actually told him I didn't believe it, because the last time I looked at detailed returns Sanders stronghold in Ann Arbor was giving him that county by three points. The vote around Ann Arbor was the key to his surprise victory in 2016 Michigan primary, and he campaigned the stuffing out there at UM for most of the available time since the third. It seemed pretty much unimaginable that he couldn't carry that county.

My friend, it turns out, was right. I will have to apologize.

Please explain...are you suggesting that Sanders has suggested abandoning due process? I don't usually say things like this, but very flatly: link or that didn't happen.

Well you had the best predictions pre super Tuesday. I wasn't Bidens down and out pre ST but thought Sanders would do better.

Education should not be the privilege of the rich. Basic health care should not be the privilege of the rich. Basic social security should not be the privilege of the rich. The kind modern aristocracy like Bidens, Clintons, Bushes etc. should not exist at all. I don't know why I'm supposed to link something to bring you proof, as all of it was discussed in this very thread. You are not trying to be stupid on purpose, are you?

Education should not be the privilege of the rich. Basic health care should not be the privilege of the rich. Basic social security should not be the privilege of the rich. The kind modern aristocracy like Bidens, Clintons, Bushes etc. should not exist at all. I don't know why I'm supposed to link something to bring you proof, as all of it was discussed in this very thread. You are not trying to be stupid on purpose, are you?

You're always going to have some sort of aristocracy. Whether it's inherited, plutocrats or party officials.

Not at all. You said something was "very incriminating" when asked about a prospective CRIME. No one asked about this list of shoulds and shouldn'ts. You were asked about EVIDENCE, which at least in the US is generally an issue when discussing a CRIME. Then you said that Sanders should be consulted about handling this CRIME you talked about that you apparently have no EVIDENCE of, implying that Sanders had said something about abandoning the rule of law. Since I happen to KNOW that abandoning the rule of law is not a clearly stated tenet of Sanders campaign it seemed reasonable to ask for a link, as opposed to just assuming that you were talking out your butt. Apparently it was not as reasonable as it appeared.

Bottom line, whether it should happen or shouldn't happen, Hunter Biden is a graduate of Yale Law, and graduates of Yale Law seldom wind up flipping burgers. Yes, he does indeed qualify as an "experienced businessman." No, there is no law saying that family of political figures are required to give up their jobs and go on the dole.

There are laws that say that the 75 million dollars the Trump campaign fund has paid out to members of the Trump family for at present unclear "services" could very easily be legally considered fraud, defrauding donors who intended for whatever horrid reason for their money to be used in pursuit of Big Donny Dump's re-election, not for it to be kicked into some family slush fund. Perhaps you should focus your outrage on that.

Moderator Action: I have closed this 500-plus-page thread to prevent it from possibly corrupting itself due to overuse. The continuation thread is here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom