2022 US Election

^But why does it have to be that way? Why are they teaching us to hate one another because we have different political beliefs?

^But why does it have to be that way? Why are they teaching us to hate one another because we have different political beliefs?

They aren’t “teaching us to hate each other,” they literally just want me dead. And large chunks of this country either also want me dead or are indifferent to the prospect that I should die. Again, what should that make someone other than my enemy?

Yup, this is part of what I mean when I say things are sad these days. The message in that dating article kind of mirrors the concept of "not being unevenly yoked" mentioned in the Bible. The difference though is that one preaches division and hate whilst the other teaches to find harmony in order to perform well.
Well, yes. People who want to match politics with dating.

Trump and GOP promoted violence in action. Some of the link:

Last year, David DePape posted links on his Facebook page to multiple videos produced by My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell falsely alleging that the 2020 election was stolen. Other posts included transphobic images and linked to websites claiming Covid-19 vaccines were deadly. “The death rates being promoted are what ever ‘THEY’ want to be promoted as the death rate,” one post read.

DePape also posted links to YouTube videos with titles like “Democrat FARCE Commission to Investigate January 6th Capitol Riot COLLAPSES in Congress!!!” and “Global Elites Plan To Take Control Of YOUR Money! (Revealed)”

Two days after former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of killing George Floyd, DePape wrote that the trial was “a modern lynching,” falsely indicating that Floyd died of a drug overdose.

He also posted content about the “Great Reset” – the sprawling conspiracy theory that global elites are using coronavirus to usher in a new world order in which they gain more power and oppress the masses. And he complained that politicians making promises to try to win votes “are offering you bribes in exchange for your further enslavement.”

@bernie14 He apparently is a election denier out to fulfil Trump's wishes left over from jan 6.

They aren’t “teaching us to hate each other,” they literally just want me dead. And large chunks of this country either also want me dead or are indifferent to the prospect that I should die. Again, what should that make someone other than my enemy?

Hmmm...interesting. Well I have never met you but I don't want you dead. What on earth could people want you dead for? Is it really because of political differences? Or are you saying one side literally wants you dead because they don't like you personally?

I'm not trying to be a smart alec. In fact I agree with your assessment that anyone who makes general statements about wishing for someone's demise must be considered an enemy. People should not wish anyone dead just because of differences of opinion, culture, race, etc. That's just wrong.

Instead of hating the enemy I think it's better to feel sorry for them for thinking things like that. Dialogue and education, along with some love, can fix anything.

Hmmm...interesting. Well I have never met you but I don't want you dead. What on earth could people want you dead for? Is it really because of political differences? Or are you saying one side literally wants you dead because they don't like you personally?
They want her dead 'cause as far as they are concerned, Trans people are an abomination to nature and God and must be purged from the earth.

They want her dead 'cause as far as they are concerned, Trans people are an abomination to nature and God and must be purged from the earth.
Oh I see. Still that is wrong for them to say things like that. God loves all people. It doesn't matter who you are or what you've done. He loves us. All we have to do is believe.

But wishing that someone was dead because of who they are or what they've done is wrong.

oh thank you i never thought to tell them that their wanting me to die was wrong. I mean they’ll still want to kill me, but at least I can rest easy in the knowledge that their actions are morally bad and that they have been alerted to that fact.

are you a child?

Last edited:
They're generally superior in some ways, children.

Trumpers spare no effort to defeat democrat candidates.

Threatening letter, chemical substance sent to Conservation Voters​

BY DAN MCKAY AND DAN BOYD / JOURNAL CAPITOL BUREAU

SANTA FE — Law enforcement authorities are investigating an anonymous letter containing a chemical substance and anti-Semitic symbols sent to the office of the environmental advocacy group Conservation Voters New Mexico.

The FBI oversaw testing of the substance that indicates “the sample contained ingredients of a potent toxin uses in terrorist attacks,” according to a statement released by Conservation Voters, but it was in an inert form. Demis Foster, the group’s executive director, said no one was harmed. But “whoever carried out this vicious act was clearly intending harm,” she said in a written statement. The letter included threatening language targeting state Rep. Nathan Small, a Las Cruces Democrat who co-sponsored a law that commits New Mexico utilities to a carbon-free energy system by 2045.

Also targeted in the letter were the Democratic Party of New Mexico and Conservation Voters New Mexico. Foster thanked Santa Fe police and firefighters, the FBI and the state Department of Health for the quick response and investigation into the letter. The group’s office in Downtown Santa Fe was evacuated and quarantined after the letter arrived Wednesday, Foster said. The group’s office closed for now. In an interview, Foster said the letter was in an envelope delivered by the Postal Service. The envelope contained a ripped-up mailer that Conservation Voters had sent promoting Small’s strengths as a legislative candidate.

The envelope also contained a photo of Small marked with anti-Semitic symbols, Foster said. Inside the envelope was a brown, grainy substance, she said. “It looked a bit like tobacco with some powder,” Foster said. FBI spokesman Frank Fisher the substance was “tested and determined not harmful.”

Anyone with information can call 1-800-CALL-FBI

“In order to protect the integrity of the investigation,” Fisher said, “we are not releasing specific details.” Conservation Voters New Mexico has advocated at the Roundhouse for various bills dealing with environmental issues, including the Energy Transition Act, one of the most hotly contested bills in recent years. It authorized the use of bonds for Public Service Company of New Mexico to pay for costs associated with the closure of the coal-fired San Juan Generating Station near Farmington. The group also supported 2019 legislation banning coyote-killing contests on public land in New Mexico and annually releases grades of lawmakers on environmental issues. Foster said the group won’t let fear interrupt its work.

“There is no place in a functioning democracy for anyone to resort to the use of terror because they disapprove of a candidate for public office,” Foster said. “It’s shocking and terrifying that we have to experience such a malice-filled attack on our democracy.
Conservation Voters New Mexico also has a political arm — Conservation Voters New Mexico Action Fund — that provides financial support to candidates.

During a recent campaign period, the political committee reported donations to Small’s reelection campaign, along with the campaigns of State Land Commissioner Stephanie Garcia Richard and Democratic legislative candidate Tara Jaramillo of Socorro. Small is running for reelection in House District 36 in Doña Ana County.

“This political extremism must stop now,” Small said. “Anti-semitism, threats, and intimidation have no place in our democracy.”

@bernie14 He apparently is a election denier out to fulfil Trump's wishes left over from jan 6.
:lol: Silly me! I assumed there would have been separate threads for results, litigation and violence but on second thought, better to keep all rants to a single thread....
....are you a child?
Do they boo-hoo and poo-poo?

He also posted content about the “Great Reset” – the sprawling conspiracy theory that global elites are using coronavirus to usher in a new world order in which they gain more power and oppress the masses
I mean they are just like they used 911. They use whatever they can to consolidate more power.

Crazy like a fox.

Seriously though. I wouldn't wish that on a millionaire. He's always been a pace tracker for a bad day. "Somewhere, there's a Mr. Pelosi." Apparently in San Francisco. Of course?

Hope he recovers pretty soon and gets back to smashed driving.

oh thank you i never thought to tell them that their wanting me to die was wrong. I mean they’ll still want to kill me, but at least I can rest easy in the knowledge that their actions are morally bad and that they have been alerted to that fact.

are you a child?
Thank you for understanding. You're question brought a tear of joy to my eye. I'm a middle aged adult but I like to think I still have some childlike innocence. But yes, they are morally wrong to want to cause harm to anyone that does not hold the same views or lifestyles as they do.

Peace :)

Meet the election deniers on the cusp of controlling U.S. elections​

The 2022 midterms are days away. At issue: Who administers voting in 2024

Let's try imagining what the next U.S. presidential election might look like. It's 2024. It's been a bitter, hard-fought campaign. Votes are being counted.

Now consider a scenario where these are the people in charge of administering elections: the people who set rules, issue guidance to poll workers, or confirm the winner.

In Arizona, imagine it's Mark Finchem. He was in Washington during the Jan. 6 insurrection. A member of the Oath Keepers militia, he introduced a bill this year – 597 days after the last election – to cancel Joe Biden's 2020 win.

In Pennsylvania, it's the candidate appointed by a governor who was also there on Jan. 6, and who led Donald Trump's efforts to invalidate the results in his state.

In Michigan, it's Kristina Karamo who on Jan. 6 insisted it must have been left-wing radicals attacking the Capitol. She has since referred to police officers there that day as crisis actors.

In Nevada, it's Jim Marchant who said his state's elections have been illegitimate for two decades and that the winners have been imposed by a deep-state cabal.

In Minnesota, it's Kim Crockett who has called the last presidential vote rigged and who dragged her feet before saying she would accept this year's midterm results.

In Wisconsin, imagine there's a governor who still won't say whether he wants to decertify the 2020 presidential election; his party's candidate for elections chief wants him to sign a bill stripping the state's bipartisan elections body of its powers.

Those are the people running as Republican candidates to become secretary of state, a state's chief elections official.

The coming days will determine whether these candidates win office: it depends on outcomes of the Nov. 8 midterm elections.

If the polls are accurate some of these people, maybe even most, will win, along with more mainstream Republicans as in Ohio and Georgia.

'Existential' threat to democracy: Vote administrator​

More than 60 per cent of U.S. jurisdictions have an election-denier on the ballot this fall. In pivotal swing states, that could result in election-deniers running elections.

The woman who led Wisconsin's elections commission in 2020 was deluged with threats and abuse and she said she's trying not to be alarmist now.

But it's not easy.

"You don't want to be a Chicken Little, right? You don't want to be crying wolf," said Ann Jacobs, a Democrat who still sits on the Wisconsin elections commission, a bipartisan and previously non-controversial outfit now upended by Trump's election denialism.

"But I do think the threats to the fabric of our democracy are real. They do have the potential to be somewhat existential."

The details vary from state to state. That's because they all have different rules; secretaries of state have more power in some places than others; the candidates also vary in their commitment to conspiracies.

But these candidates generally want four things: To restrict mail-in voting, which became more popular with Democrats during the pandemic; to limit the days mail-in ballots can be counted; to ramp up vote audits and investigations; and to give partisan politicians more power over the process.

These candidates say: We're the good guys​

In their view, they're the reasonable ones.

They say elections are shoddily managed and absentee ballots are a problem. They say ballots need tighter controls. And they say Democrats are the ones who played fast and loose with the rules in 2020.

Here's an example from Minnesota.

Kim Crockett, the Republican candidate for secretary of state, said in a one-candidate debate, boycotted by her opponent, that Democrats rushed to embrace absentee voting during the pandemic.

That's true.

Democrats tried making absentee voting easier; Trump tried making it harder. It was the result of the pandemic itself becoming another partisan political issue, with Democrats in cities more worried about congregating in public places.

It became obvious by the middle of 2020 that the stage was set for a brutal post-election battle over the legitimacy of ballot counts.

In Minnesota, the Democratic secretary of state amicably settled a lawsuit from a pro-Democratic group that sued to make absentee voting easier.
Minnesota extended the deadline for counting absentee ballots, and waived security requirements, including the need for a witness.

Crockett said those changes were illegitimate – that they required a vote in the legislature. She noted that a court later agreed with her, though that finding was also disputed.

In that same one-person debate, she brushed off questions about whether Joe Biden won the presidency fair and square.

Opponent tells Finchem: You're unhinged and violent​

An Arizona debate got more combative, with both candidates there.

The militia member, Mark Finchem, cast himself as a defender of the law: he said the votes were irredeemably compromised in some counties and should not have counted.

As evidence, Finchem said people in Yuma County pleaded guilty to illegally depositing other voters' ballots in drop boxes.

What he didn't say: this was two women, accused of dropping off four ballots each; it happened in the 2020 summer primary election, not the general election involving Trump, and resulted in a 30-day jail sentence for a former mayor and school-board official.

Finchem also referred to people stuffing ballot boxes.

He was alluding to a film, 2000 Mules, that relied on methodology that has been challenged and debunked in numerous reports and triggered a defamation lawsuit. Now, a book based on the movie has deleted key details.

The conspiracies run deep with Finchem, his critics say.

He recently accused Google and the deep state of suppressing searches for his campaign website; a journalist later found an elementary coding error committed by his own campaign.

On the eve of the Jan. 6 insurrection, Finchem delivered a speech where he said 74 million Trump voters would never accept the result. When it began raining during the speech, he said: "This is God washing the stench off Washington, D.C."

His Democratic opponent called him a dangerous person peddling corrosive lies.

"What [Finchem] did was engage in a violent insurrection," Adrian Fontes said in the debate.

"He is a part of an organization [Oath Keepers] that has called for the violent overthrow of our government. He has supporters, and [he] himself has, called for civil war in this country. [For] the stockpiling of ammunition for this very war. It is … unhinged and violent."

Finchem easily won his primary. He has a real chance of winning the general election.

In Michigan, Kristina Karamo claimed she witnessed fraud in 2020. She signed an affidavit saying a spoiled ballot, marked for both parties, was unfairly counted for Biden.

A longtime election official said Karamo was ignorant of election vocabulary and misinterpreted an order – "push it through" – to cancel the ballot.

'The Holy Spirit told me'​

She hosted a podcast on the day of the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol attack and immediately blamed the attack on Antifa.

In that same podcast, she said her faith prevents her from using the language she'd like about those doubters who refuse to accept she witnessed fraud.

"If you want to say I'm a liar, the Holy Spirit told me that I can't say what I want to say," she said.

"But you can just kick bricks."
Scholars who study election administration have expressed alarm.

"Just shockingly toxic," is how Kenneth Mayer, a professor at the University of Wisconsin, describes the emerging partisanship in vote certification.

Tom Ivacko at the University of Michigan says the fair administration of elections is absolutely an election issue this fall.

Yet it's unclear how many Americans care: Ivacko noted polls indicating that 70 per cent view democracy as under threat – but only 7 per cent see it as a top election issue.

"Which is very frightening," Ivacko said.

The checks in the system... for now​

One thing academics agree on is that the decentralized responsibilities over American elections could limit the damage caused by a single rogue actor.

Secretaries of state don't set rules alone. Local officials wield great power in some states: more than 3,500 different entities run elections in Wisconsin and Michigan alone.

There's also the justice system. If an official goes rogue, Ivacko said: "The courts can step in. … We still have kind of a failsafe."

Kathleen Hale said her fears are mitigated by memories of local elections officials she's met in her work as a researcher and author at Auburn University. She said they are professional, skilled, and honourable. She hopes that continues.

These officials are, however, retiring, and quitting, at an unusual pace. They are being threatened and demoralized and their operations are so often under-funded, Hale said, that many resort to bake sales and corporate donations to function.

"Good people are leaving," she said.
Some are being forced out. Like one man on a board in Michigan that nearly stalled Biden's election certification in 2020. The Republican who voted to approve it was forced out.

Now that same board nearly interfered in this election: it tried blocking an abortion referendum from the ballot even after the pro-abortion side collected enough signatures.

It had to be forced by a court to proceed.

So will these checks in the system actually keep working?

Ivacko said he hopes so. But, at the end of the day, he said, people are not all equally committed to fair play.

And, he said: "Our systems are based on people."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/meet-...e-cusp-of-controlling-u-s-elections-1.6633026

Top Bottom