5 city conquest challenge

Do you think it would have been a better idea to leave Rome disconnected rather than give them a "free" palace jump?

Just raze them. We have to win by conquest, so the answer is to raze them, really.

Don't waste too many turns pillaging, if we have enough troops to just blaze a city.

Good turns, not as I would've played it, but still good.

raze raze raze. I feel we may have this game over before long. Just pump out cavs with enough galleons to get them all to the other continent.

Are any of you on a SGOTM team? I would like to join/start a group to take on a SGOTM so please let me know.

Best Regards,

John

Here is the save.
I continued the assault on the Romans, but I did sub par turns.
I was a bit brash, and probably would have gotten better results going a bit slower, suffering less loss.
(Though the going was tough, I lose 6-7 cavalries just on the start IBT, before I could do anything :) )
I razed something like 6-7 cities.

The Romans still have cities but they are basically broken.
They do very few counter attacks.

I would do some careful razing, to start building up forces for the French Assault.

The game is definetly finished, but the moping up will still take some time.
(There is a galleon ready to be loaded with some units for the small island).

6 or so cities is fine... as you said it doesnt really matter now, just a case of finishing asap... (as soon not as slow :p)

gozpel - up
t3h_m013 - on deck
jb1964
lulthyme - just played
hajime - still skipping i assume. Jump in if you wanna play

Yeah but some heavy initial assault cost me more troops than I expected, and slowed down the rest of my turns.
Of course we still win, but we DO want to wrap this up no ? :)

So its just advice for the next player : finish mopping up romans up north , for start slowing down the South Progression to mass up a big army for the French.

Not much to report, except that it took 6 turns to take out the 6 Roman cities on the northern part of the continent. Much because of the expanded borders. I took the choke in the middle early and the going is getting slower as troops needs to heal and lots of enemies, especially french keep on coming.

Keep some cavs at home, lots of boats are around and a few landings as well. Some French frigates and galleons are near Hamburg. I set up a landing zone for them.

I set up something that looks like a force, but unfortunately French built a city next to where I have the pile. Next player choose how to proceed, I don't think it's wise to throw units away on chance, we can't really afford it.

got it, will probably start tomorow, and finish probably monday evening at a guess

@lulthyme, if t3h_m013 post today please swap with me. I'll be out all morning and will be working on Ank11 this evening. If I don't see a "got it" I will be able to pick it up on Sunday.

i wont be finished until at earliest sunday evening at a guess. probnably monday evening as i said, i havnt started yet.

1655AD raze the new french city, leave stack on the mountain until next turn so cannons can move with it.
french dropped a farily large landing next to hamburg. biggest AI landing i think ive ever seen. was abotu 4 cavs, 2 guerillas, 3 rifles, 2 muskets and a LB. didn't destroy it by any means, but weakened it and will hopefully finish it off next turn or the turn after. MM konigsburg to prevent riot.
1660AD Raze the scandinavian city (forgottent he name) and move the stack towards reykjavik. get a leader finishing off the french landing
1665AD move stack next to reykjavik. Troop movement here and there. nt much.
1670AD raze reykjavik (scandinavian capital. they are down to 1 city.)
1675AD stack ehads for besancon. troop movement etc.
1680AD same sorta stuff, no attacks on cities
1685AD stack moves next to besancon. will attack next turn.
1690AD attack besancon. The french have arty :S raze besancon with 2 losses... the arty was destroyed, didn't know you cant take units too advanced for you.
will heal troops before moving on.
ibt: rome land a rifle and cav in our land
1695AD have more trouble than i shouldve killing the rifle etc. but deal with it. move healed half of stack towards orleans.
1700AD raze stacanger.

sorry buot all the delay etc.
notes... not anything really, just keep razing and watching out for landings/settlers.

gozpel
t3h_m013 - just played
jb1964 - up
lulthyme - on deck

Turn 0 – 1700 AD
Well, it looks like the recipe calls for 2 parts cavalry with a side order of cavalry and a can of whoopass.
France has electricity. Has anyone seen and infantry?
Hmmm, found a French galleon and four frigates off our coast. And the Romans have the same configuration, time three, off the opposite eastern side.

IBT: A couple of cavalry picked off. The French are building Hoovers and just finished ToE. Think they have RepParts now? I do.
The Roman ships are moving off so I guess that’s the armada from the previous set of turns.

Turn 1 – 1705 AD
Troops approach Orleans for destruction next turn.

IBT: Frigate lost to the French.

Turn 2 - 1710 AD
Orleans falls.
We really need a stack of cannons at home to beat the snot out of approaching ships.

IBT: Amphibious assault by the Vikings. The French drop off two muskets and two cavalry.

Turn 3 - 1715 AD
We attack the Viking caravel that dropped off the Zerk and loose a frigate in the process.
French landing party killed at the cost of two cavalry.
Novosibirsk razed
Our SoD marches towards Paris while our army heals.

IBT: French drop off another cavalry.

Turn 4 - 1720 AD
We kill the French cavalry at the cost of a cavalry. The RNG is treating me poorly.
Kill a LB and 4 rifles in the open.

IBT: Nothing

Turn 5 - 1725 AD

IBT: Rome graces us w/ two elite and one vet cavalry along w/ an elite knite.

Turn 6 - 1730 AD
We kill two of the four French units at the cost of two cavalry. Remaining two are down to 2hp.
Kill a Roman LB.

Turn 7 - 1735 AD
Remaining Roman invaders killed.
Bergen destroyed.
Cherbourg Destroyed.
Bombed six defending units in Paris and then use all remaining cavalry to destroy the city at the cost of two more cavalry.

Turn 8 - 1740 AD
Resting units.

IBT: Loose a wounded cavalry.

Turn 9 - 1745 AD
Tver’ destroyed and island cleared.
Kill rifle in the open.
Still resting troops and shipping more over.

IBT: Loose cavalry forted on a mountain to a guerilla.

Turn 10 - 1750 AD
Pick cavalry in the open off.

9 ennemy cities left on map, 2 players should be able to wrap it up.
France produces guerillas but no infantry and no more cavalry since they dont have anymore saltpeter.

good turns (Y), its all going good, though i hope there arent any settler in the armadas....
gozpel - up
t3h_m013 - on deck
jb1964
lulthyme - just palyed

Tracking down settlers is such an enormously anti-climatic ending to a game.

Top Bottom