5 city conquest challenge

john it is then. I know, ive never built the iron works in my life (i once founded a rubbish city just to try and build it), it was just very lucky.
sorry i took so long with my turn btw everyone.
gozpel
t3h_m013 - just played
hajime - up
grs - on deck
jb1964

Due to a big change in my life I have to drastically decrease the number of SGs I play :(. I already had some run out and others close to it, but that proved to be not enough. As a consequence I will withdraw from this and other SGs.

Please do not take it personal that I withdraw from your game. I had much fun on every of my SGs including this, but to keep it that way, I have to lower the number of games.

I am looking forward to play with you all again.

Sorry to see you go grs.

People are jumping ship in this game, but I stand firm. So let's move on.

The new guy is up then?

yup, john your up
gozpel
t3h_m013 - just played
jb1964 - up
hajime - lert us know if your gonna need to skip.
ill post for a new player.

Will grab this evening and play if possible. I'm up in Ank11 and will play that one first since it seems to move at a faster pace.

t3h_m013 said:
notes, ummmmm go to war with england pronto.

OK, Not a problem.

Turn 0 – 1300 AD
We demand Lizzy get her forces out of our territory or declare. She declares.
We attack her settler/musket pair and loose a cavalry but gain a GL when our Elite knight (renamed Johnny's Knight) wins. Unfortunately there’s no army in the cards for us unless we abandon the first army or take 3 English cities for the briefest of moments during a single turn.

It’s already 1:30 am so I’ll stop with this most interesting of starts and wait for feedback on what to do w/ our GL.

g’nite

OK, I found the note that this is "strict 5CC". And since we're not doing much in the way of research and happiness is certainly not an issue I'm not thrilled about rushing either a university or a cathedral. I think a cavalry army is in our near future.

BTW, why are we at zero research and collecting coin? I could read the thread more thoroughly but that would take effort.

yea, i think a cav army would be a huge help. I think we were collecting money for cavalry upgrades. Asking for techs for peace at all oppotunities. i cant quite remember.

I should finish up this evening.

We have more than enough $'s for upgrades. I'll take a look at where we're at on the tree to see if researching, even at a modest rate, would net us a hammer to bash our neighbors. I think combustion is not too far away.

I see that earlier an army was used up on the battlefield and the GL in waiting was summoned for the next army. Since the main purpose of the army will be to pillage the living snot out of our opps I think I'll let our knight army take it on the chin in London and then, if it survives, run it back to be disbanded in favor of a cavalry army.

How do we keep resettlement of the open territories w/o AW?

pillage like crazy, according to arathorn the key to the game is a late game rush. So basically we weaken the AI and finish them off pretty rapidly later.
LulThyme, sure your in. Go after John unless hajime isnt skipping...

Turn 0 – 1300 AD
We demand Lizzy get her forces out of our territory or declare. She declares.
We attack her settler musket pair and loose a cavalry but gain a GL when our Elite knight wins. Unfortunately there’s no army in the cards for us unless we abandon the first army or take 3 English cities for the briefest of moments during a single turn.

It’s already 1:30 am so I’ll stop with this most interesting of starts and wait for feedback on what to do w/ our GL.

Move knight army into English territory, capture a worker w/ a knight, kill off a knight w/ a cavalry.

Turn 1 – 1305 AD
Sumeria and Russia make nice.
Pillage salt and iron.

Turn 2 – 1310 AD
Pounding on London. Knight army down to 1hp.

Turn 3 – 1315 AD
Slower turn.

Turn 4 – 1320 AD
London razed

Turn 5 – 1325 AD
Rome demands Nationalism. I tell him to stuff it. He declares. Probably a bad move because it seem we were getting quite a bit in the way of luxes from old Ceasar.

Turn 6 – 1330 AD
France signed an MPP w/ Rome.
Disband knight army and make cavalry army.

Turn 7 – 1335 AD
Spain and Russia make peace.
Elite knight get us another army in waiting, a.k.a. GL.
England’s down to a single city and it would appear the Sumerians will wipe them out if we don’t so we’ll kill them off and deny the Sumerians a free city.
Sumerian settlement strips off two of our silks but we still have 3 turns left on peace deal.

Turn 8 – 1340 AD

Turn 9 – 1345 AD
I was wrong. England has a couple of island cities and they don’t want to talk turkey with us.

Turn 10 – 1350 AD
Continued building rails, cleaned some pollution, etc.

Top Bottom