8.3x Bugs Thread

I am playing Ophelia of the Scions and there are two Alcinus.

The plural of "Alcinus" is "Alcini."
There are also super-plurals: If you have two or more groups of Alcini, you have "Alcinici."

Multiple groups of Alcinici are "Alcinix." There are more super-plurals, but IMO after this it gets kind of absurd.

I assume this is a bug.

Yeah. IIRC the final fix needs to wait for 9.0

Can't summon the Frozen.

In defCannotCreate in CvGameUtils.py line 756:
Spoiler :
Code:
		if eProject == gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROJECT_LIBERATION'):
			[COLOR="Red"]if pPlayer.getCivilizationType() != gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_ILLIANS') and pPlayer.getCivilizationType() != gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_FROZEN'):	[/COLOR]	
				return True								
			if pPlayer.isHuman() == False:		
				return True
Logic problem from Copy and Paste? This means the Liberation Project cannot be completed by AIs, nor humans because that code will return true unless you are Illian or Frozen.

Perhaps line 757 should be:
Spoiler :
Code:
if pPlayer.getCivilizationType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_ILLIANS') or pPlayer.getCivilizationType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_FROZEN'):
which would allow humans who aren't the Illians or Frozen to summon them. In fact, unless there is some lore problem with the Illians summoning the Frozen then perhaps it should just be
Spoiler :
Code:
if pPlayer.getCivilizationType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_FROZEN'):
which prevents the Frozen from summoning themselves :)

Edit: In my current game I switched to the Order to test whether good civs can summon the Frozen and yes they can. The Pedia says only Neutral and Evil should be able to summon them. So the above fix will be incomplete.

are those resources on kelp generated before the game starts? So when you open worldbuilder turn 0 do you see them? In that case does this happen with only one mapscript or several?

Sephi,

No these two bugs were not present at turn -0-

There is an elephant resource on land near where it shows up as a camp on Kelp

There is no deer resource close to where it shows up as a camp on Kelp

So that probably means these are generated by random when the kelp is generated after the initial world build.

The Frozen can't summon Taranis Ascended because the Ascension ritual requires The Draw.

Currently, only the Illians can perform The Draw.
This makes The Frozen entirely dependant on The Illians for Taranis to Ascend :(

I think I have found an issue with the Doviello "spells" to upgrade a slave to a warrior, a warrior to a beastman, etc. The cost of the upgrades is not reduced 50% if the civ's leader has the "ingenuity" trait, such as mahala does. Or, an emergent leader such as the Baron can also gain "ingenuity". (I had this happen after doing something with a great bard, perhaps the culture bomb although I don't remember.)

Anyway, the Doviello are all about capturing slaves out in the field during their rushes and upgrading them on the spot to keep army numbers up. The ingenuity trait would be a huge boost to this if the upgrade cost were properly cut in half.

EDIT: Looks like the cost does actually get cut in half if I save and reload the game after acquiring the Ingenuity trait. Strange.

There is a rather painful problem for BUG in Wildmana :

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "CvScreensInterface", line 1002, in forceScreenRedraw
  File "CvMainInterface", line 4013, in redraw
  File "CvMainInterface", line 5889, in updateGameDataStrings
AttributeError: CvMainInterface instance has no attribute 'pBarResearchBar_n'

I get this whenever I edit a python file while running the game. Normally, (in other mods) the "Python Reloaded" message appears and all is fine.

Tracing the bug :crazyeye: is as follows:

As per BUG mod reloading in initAfterReload() in CvEventInterface :
- Line 60 of CvEventInterface.py which calls mainInterface.initState()
- Line 2422 of CvMainInterface.py which calls screen.setForcedRedraw(True)
This occurs before self.pBarResearchBar_n = ProgressBarUtil.ProgressBar( ... ) at line 2459 as a result :

- Line 1002 of CvScreensInterface.py calls mainInterface.redraw()
- Line 4013 of CvMainInterface.py calls self.updateGameDataStrings()
- Line 5889 of CvMainInterface.py calls self.pBarResearchBar_n.hide(screen)

But you will note that self.pBarResearchBar_n is not yet defined because the forced redraw occurs before BUG sets up the Ticks in the research bar.

:(

This means everytime you try to test something, by changing a python file, it craps out and needs a reload of Civ IV.

How to fix - no idea !
Perhaps the forced screen redraw can somehow be moved to after the BUG research bar is setup.

The plural of "Alcinus" is "Alcini."
There are also super-plurals: If you have two or more groups of Alcini, you have "Alcinici."

Multiple groups of Alcinici are "Alcinix." There are more super-plurals, but IMO after this it gets kind of absurd.

But I don't think it applies to proper nouns.

Playing a game as the Mazatl i looked on the tech tree and noticed that the tech which enables the Jotnar to build the Jotnar Citizen had a TXT error.
TXT_KEY_UNIT_JOT_ADULT_HELP

Playing a game as the Mazatl i looked on the tech tree and noticed that the tech which enables the Jotnar to build the Jotnar Citizen had a TXT error.
TXT_KEY_UNIT_JOT_ADULT_HELP

Thanks Deadomancer,

I will get on that one!

Should be fixed, next update.

The city governor is very reluctant to grow cities past the happy cap, even though emphasize food is on. This is especially noticeable when you already have a few unhappy citizens in the city.

Is there any idea on what causes crashes? The last game I played I had to abandon because I just got crash to desktop.

i.e. is there any specific AI civilization/game setting that causes games to crash more then others?

I play hotseat multiplayer so I'm not able to enter worldbuilder and trying to set things right.

We also played with more mana, wild mana, increasing difficulty starting at noble, large map, 10 AI civs, equipment, range attack, noble houses, no tech trading, classical start and no orthus.

you should post a savegame, chances are that Sephi will post a patch fixing your CTD shortly after you do, that's how awesome he is :D

[to_xp]Gekko;9282021 said:
why do you want to grow cities past the happy cap, feasting?

Feasting, hammers from governor's mansion, increased traderoute yields, free unit maintenance...

If I got my mechanics right, in ideal circumstances you should be able to get something like 1 hammer 3+ commerce from the unhappy citizen and increased city size.

I guess I'm a little to fast with starting new game when I can't continue playing. I will post next game that I'm unable to play.

I noticed very strange AI trading:

Trading Technology, asked AI to give best offer. AI Offers Tech + World Map. I take off World Map, I don't need it, and click on to make the trade. AI says, the trade is not good enough. So I ask the AI what would be a good trade. He requests I put another technology on the table. So:

Original proposal: 1 Tech from me vs. AI 1 Tech + World Map
Counterproposal: 1 Tech from me vs. AI 1 Tech
AI Rejects and counterproposes: 2 Tech from me vs. AI 1 Tech
I Clear Table and ask what the AI would offer for that 1 tech, to which the AI offers 1 Tech + World Map.

Noticed this on quite a few occasions. Very Strange.

I'm getting a really strange bug. My Scions, Fey, and Jotnar are disappearing from my selectable civs list in custom games. It seems to be fixable tho by just starting up a Play Now game (that's worked the two times it's happened).

Minor bugs with the "goblin child" event... Triggers when killing goblins, but grants the orc race, instead of goblin. Worldunits, animals, beasts and hawks probably shouldn't be able to be targeted by it.

Could we add a note in the Civilopedia to give more details about how any Civ led by the Baron (usually Doviello unless Unrestricted leaders are turned on) can gain either Cannibalize or the Werewolf promotion?

Specifically, I see from line 1090 in CvFFHPLUS.py that a unit that is less than tier three can gain Cannibalize, and a tier three unit can gain Werewolf. A tier four unit is not eligible.

Top Bottom