8.3x Bugs Thread

sounds like some Module overwrites the data for Adventurers

I think I have found the issue, looks like the UnitInfo files for two Houses also have info about Adventurers. Specifically houses Ghandalla and Phiarlan. Neither of them had the tag. Adding the

Code:
<PrereqCiv>CIVILIZATION_GRIGORI</PrereqCiv>

tag to both the files seems to fix the issue.

Something odd happened while I was doing this, however. The first time that I experimented adding the tag to only one of the files (I think it was Phiarlan) a bunch of other new (and useful) info started showing up in the Civilopedia about how Adventurers and many other units like Archmages and Nobles of Houses would add support for various houses when built.

Now I can't see any of the support information in the Civilopedia regardless of whether I add or remove those tags from the Unitinfo files from either House. I've tried clearing the cache, starting a new game with the "Houses" option on, everything else I know, and the House support info for units doesn't show up in the Civilopedia.

Anyway, at least that fixes the issue with the Adventurer not showing up as a unique unit for the Grigori.

When you cast Lichdom with Archmage who have 3 Immortal promo(Immortal form Blood of the Phoenix project, Protector, and Destroyer), a Lich is Created and the Archmage is Resurrected in capital, with Immortal form project removed and Undead race promo added.

screenshots in This post.

this is an known bug, it also applies to the walls. it has to do with the city art style afaik there is nothing we can do about it at the moment :(

My apologies if this is listed already (didn't read back more than a page). I'm playing an 8.32 game WITHOUT the option for Houses of Erebus. I doubled checked my game settings page, and the option is definitely not there. But I just researched hunting (very possibly the first), and I got house Vadalis in my capital. It's not the headquarters, but the house is there and I can see corporation costs. I have a savegame but won't post unless you ask for it.

Happened in my 8.32 game too. All the houses were popped by the AI.

I eradicated the Malakim, one city had Ghallanda, and one had the Bankers. But neither was the HQ, similar to Pazyryk's game. At least, they were not after I took over the cities (I actually don't know how the current Houses work..). Have not seen the other two AI territory yet.

Slight graphical bug with the necropolis improvement when overlapping cities...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 68
@sephi

i have not tested this, but it should fix the bug with the necropolis. (replace the old file)

edit: does not work the texture is missing an alpha channel

Some more info on the malfunctioning game option settings. When the houses were introduced for the first time I've played several games without enabling them and all was good. Then I've tried them out, didn't like and now similar to previous reports I can't them turn them off.

Somewhat similar situation is with dragons - I can't turn them off as well.

It makes me wonder, could it be that game settings are saved somewhere else where they don't get reset after the "play now"?

Hi, there, I´ve been a lurker for quite a long time and I thought reporting a bug or two would be a good way to help (thanks for all the amazing hard work with WM, btw, but I don´t want to clog up the post too much).

I´ve played 8.3 with the Fey just fine, on a Huge Continents map with about 17 random civilizations (I don´t recall the exact number). After that I tried to play the Amurites on the same kind of map, but with more civs - me plus one of each other allowed to the AI, totalling 21. It turns out the units on the map became mixed up. Stags appear as horsemen, Lizards as wolves, Skeletons and Elementals of all kinds appear as Warriors, Hyenas as Lions, Gorillas as Axemen, etc. I haven´t been able to determine if it happens only to Barbarian units, but I haven´t noticed anything clearly wrong with the other civs in the beginning of the game.

I started another game with the same settings on a clean re-installation from base Civ4, but it didn´t get any better. Could this somehow have been caused by the number of civs in play? If so, do you have a max number?

Also, I have two other small issues with BUG, but I believe these are probably more of my fault somehow. One is that the BUG modules doesn´t save your choice for the options available - I had to manually change the xml files to disable the functions I didn´t want on startup. Second is that the "unit naming" section of BUG seems to be not working - apparently it misses some files. I have´t even been able to understand what are those files for, I didn´t miss a thing when I played with the Fey.

Bingo. Thanks Gekko, I couldn´t find it anywhere so I thought it was a new issue.

Possible bug

My first try with the Noble Houses option and having some trouble incorporating house valdalis. After researching a few worker techs and Hunting, the Noble house icon was added to the city but not the little star symbolizing the head quarters. Neither did the pop up for house support appear. I've tried several times with two cities, each connected to the proper resources. (with resource related techs and noble house option enabled)

Does House Valdalis have some special requirement or is it a bug?

playing 8.32

1. The Mercurian Civ has been destroyed. but still alive.
    I opened the World Builder and found the Empty Bier.
    I think, it's not bug.
    but...I hope change it.
  2. missing index
  3. Sailor's Dirge spawned on Ice.
  4. It was change to be no report, When 6th Altar of the Luonnotar has builded?

sorry my broken English.
thx WM.

Fey hunters are not allowed to upgrade into their assassin UU replacements. I finished researching Poisons, I have hunters sitting in a city with a Hunting Lodge, but the option to upgrade isn't available. Kind of ruins this game, since I spent far too many turns researching a dead end tech for little benefit.

I don't know if this effects other Fey UUs with Summer/Winter versions.

Playing as Uxol of the Jontar who has the Barbarian trait I was surprised to get this surrender event at the close approach of a barbarian wood golem (popped from killing the wild golem maker event). I was forced to make a selection yet I don't expect the event should have been triggered while at peace with the Barbs.
I note other popped Barbs, like skeletons from a graveyard do not attack my units or cities.

Small bug: work boats have the "create pirate cove" command when in fact they are creating fishing villages, in civs other than Lanun.

Small bug: work boats have the "create pirate cove" command when in fact they are creating fishing villages, in civs other than Lanun.

@Sephi,

I am pretty sure the "Spell Pirate Cove" is causing this python based message.
I created and added this to the Civ4Improvements.xml to try and intercept but that did not work.

Spoiler :
<ImprovementInfo>
<Type>IMPROVEMENT_FISHING_VILLAGE</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_FISHING_VILLAGE</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_FISHING_VILLAGE_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<Help>TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_FISHING_VILLAGE_HELP</Help>
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_FISHING_VILLAGE</ArtDefineTag>

I think we need a "Spell Fishing Village" that is triggered by Non Lanun workboats when they build.

Top Bottom