9th Civ: It's Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a "breakaway regions" DLC to annoy all of the world powers.

New civs:

Chechnya
Georgia
Tibet
Taiwan
Basque
Catalonia
Kurdistan
2nd Vermont Republic

Being from Spain myself, I found this hilarious. Hell, Spain hasn't recognized Kosovo's independence just in case it would give ideas to the wrong people! :lol:

Wow! That was unexpected! Being a Swede myself, I had secretly been wishing for Sweden ever since the first DLC were announced, but since Denmark had already been included I was doubting they would put in another Nordic Civilization.

I'm glad I was wrong! :) Now please, get a competent Swede to do his voice-over. I don't want to cringe every time I contact Gustavus in-game. :p

How about a "breakaway regions" DLC to annoy all of the world powers.

New civs:

Chechnya
Georgia
Tibet
Taiwan
Basque
Catalonia
Kurdistan
2nd Vermont Republic
Also:
South Ossetia
Palestinian Territories
Pakistan (With cities from the Kashmir)
Scotland
Republic of Quebec
North Cyprus
Somaliland
Kosovo
(I'm sure no one would get offended :lol: )

Wow! That was unexpected! Being a Swede myself, I had secretly been wishing for Sweden ever since the first DLC were announced, but since Denmark had already been included I was doubting they would put in another Nordic Civilization.

I'm glad I was wrong! :) Now please, get a competent Swede to do his voice-over. I don't want to cringe every time I contact Gustavus in-game. :p

Håller med, dialektsmysterier ftw!
And they should have Max von Sydow as a voice actor :D

Ernst-Hugo Järegård would be the best, but unfortunately he is not among us anymore R.I.P. Max is a good choice though.

More annoying suggestions, just off the top of my head:

The Basque
Kingdom of Ryukyu (Okinawa)

Sweden was the last civ I was expecting. I had thought that Denmark would end up representing all of the Scandinavian civs.

We all were.

I won't say *all*. While I wasn't expecting Sweden, I thought Denmark was very different and was not an adequate representative of Sweden. They deal with different time periods and different cultures. I thought the city-state of Stockholm would continue to represent the city, though.

Disappointment. =( I wasn't happy about Austria at first, and now Sweden too? Surely another European (and Scandinavian civ, at that) should not have priority over a lot of other civs that have never been included. And Nobel Prize just sounds dumb.

I started hoping for Sweden when I heard that Stockholm wasnt going to be a city-state anymore and that the Denmark-DLC had no swedish city-names. But when Austria was announced I thought (as everybody else) that there wouldnt be another european state and my nationalistic hope faded away. And now. Sweden as a civ. For real. It is the best thing ever!

PS. In sports and civ its ok to be nationalistic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom