_Canada was ripped_

Originally posted by cameramano
From a Michigander hooked on the CBC coverage...

We get the Candadian Broadcasting Corp. coverage here in Michigan and most of us watch it over the American coverage because they include far more events (and only on one channel).
Also, they tend to be very fair about events in which non-north americans dominate and minimize the amount of John Q. Canadian broke both legs and triumphed stories.

Quiet! Americans should never admit to watching Canadian programs! You'll give the northerners the impression that they might have cultural significance.:D

So I was suprised when their main anchor (Don Cherry's former partner on Hockey night in Canada) editorialized that an IOC investigation is like Enron investigating itself. The Canadians are very mad about this one folks... look for some changes in the figure skating world. [/QUOTE]

Isn't Don Cherry a hoot? When I was young I thought he was just a redneck. Older now, I realize he can be a real comedian. His partner's not too shabby either.

Anyone watch the Men's Long??

Good program for Canada's Elvis Stoyko, but a dissapointing 8th over all.

Although I dislike Timothy Gable....he skated an almost perfect program.....very nice.

Yaguden....perfect. 4 - 6.0's....the most for any male skater for artistic in Olympics.....perfect.

I was pushing for Takesi Honda. Very nice skater....just a few bobbles and he's in 4th. :( But he will have his day...he's a huge jumper.

Anywho...

Is not that Ukranian Judge the same one that was suspened for vote trading in Nagano?

Originally posted by Alcibiaties of Athenae
When I think about it, why don't they just throw out the Silver medals and award Canada Gold?

You don't have to strip the Russian team (the skaters didn't do anything wrong, and shouldn't be penalized) of their medals, just say, upon further review, it's a tie, and 4 gold are awarded this year, instead of Two.

Seems like a fair compromise to me.
Listen to the Oracle!!! Wow, I didn't think it would ever happen. How in the hell can you have 2 Gold medalists? Seems like a sham still to me but good for the Candians. Congrats Canadan, got what you deserve.

Originally posted by PaleHorse76
Listen to the Oracle!!! Wow, I didn't think it would ever happen. How in the hell can you have 2 Gold medalists? Seems like a sham still to me but good for the Candians. Congrats Canadan, got what you deserve.

This is the second time in the last 10 years.

Last time was a Canadian Diver. The judge had a typo on one of the marks....and it put her in second. Once it was fixed....two Golds were awarded. As the medals were already presented.

As long as we're in the habbit of correcting bad calls by judges, I want the 1972 Basketball gold medals that was "stolen" by the Soviet team.

<snip> Sorry, I originally submitted this under the wrong thread. It's supposed to be the "going downhill?" thread.

Top Bottom