Do you have a beard?

• I am a woman, and do have a beard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a woman, and would like a beard, but can't grow one :(

• I identify otherwise, and would like a beard, but can't grow one :(

• Total voters
I am a man, and therefore I have a beard.

But more seriously, I didn't really intend to have one initially, instead it came out of lazyness, and not bothering to shave for a couple of weeks one summer. Having done that, it was a half-grown mess, but I thought I'd give it a go let it grow a bit more, and rather to my suprise, I like it. I've tried a few styles, but I've settled on a goatee, which I've had for somewhere between 10 and 15 years now. Don't like it too long, and need to keep the sides clean shaven, so there is some amount of maintenance, but I can't see myself without it.

And, FWIW, I switch between wet and dry.

Why would you do that?

For me, dry shaving just irritates my skin a lot more than wet.

In 2016 I spent C$1,000 for 6 sessions of laser hair removal and almost all of what you see is now gone. Maybe 25% of this still grows, maybe 80% of which has no colour. I have a bit of facial hair on my neck and on either side of my neck that grows in brownish. It takes 4-5 days before it becomes noticeable to others. My personal tolerance is 2 days. I intend to do a few more laser sessions at some point, but it's not been a pressing issue for me.

During a lockdown, I didn't shave for 10 days just to see what it would look like. The red is all gone. You could see the transparent hairs in strong light, though the small areas with some colour left were pretty visible.

Ah, interesting to read.
I had considered laser hair removal myself (lazyness and skin problems), but was told that it'd take for me more sessions than for you, and would probably not remove all either. I guess it's good that I didn't, since it really doesn't get rid of everything.

I'm a man, and I don't have a beard, and really can't grow one. Not particularly fussed about growing one, I prefer to look clean-shaven. A bit of stubble at most.

My brother tries to grow his, uh . . . we'll call it facial hair, out. It looks like somebody glued a bunch of loose hair to his face. Whatever works for him, but man it makes me chuckle!

A number of people say it looks good on me, but it also makes me look a lot like my dad, which I don't know if I want to look like him.

I don't have that option, because apparently I've always looked like my dad, especially now that I could no longer be charitably described as young. In fact, his shaving off his beard a few years ago suddenly made me realise that I'm the living example off a chip off the old block.

The result wouldn't be worth the effort. Too scrappy on the sides. So I've never committed to growing one. Would probably be too itchy for me anyway.

I find that my beard doesn't itch unless it gets too long or too close to my mouth. I always shave the moustache though, because that does itch.

Decided shampoo and conditioner is easier than shaving about 5 months ago. First time mom saw me without the mask outside in spring she paled at the amount of grey that's come in. :lol: Poor mum. The chin and lip color ratio shifted pretty hard.

I grew out a beard for about 3 weeks last winter and I hated it. My facial hair is too wiry and it was quite uncomfortable. Plus I didn’t think I looked good either. My default look is various lengths of stubble.

Before it was cool but after 9/11. There was definitely a 'looks like a terrorist' vibe to any ribbing I got, since beards were reasonably rare back then in my cohort.

upload_2021-5-15_7-1-22.png

So, a preliminary conclusion from this seems to be – the CFC community is a pretty hairy bunch? :)

I could shave daily bit usually every second day.

I'm not really big into grooming and a beard involves effort.

Effort? I comb my beard when I see wild hairs sticking out with my peripheral vision.

Top Bottom