A Brave New World

@Tyrion, if you use your only Public Spending to expand the colony, I will assume that that IC is not being used on domestic projects or policies.

Regarding the slave trade: Dispite heated debate among the research team, I have determined that in this timeline rather than declining, the slave trade has been larger. Without American cooperation and support, the overseas trade has not been stopped yet by the British as it was in real life. Therefore, more slaves have been brought in than historically. Carolina for example has more slaves than free whites, but they are the most significant case. Here is a handy list of slave relations:

Slave Majority: Carolina
Depends on Slaves for Economy: Maryland, Virginia, Kentucky
Has slaves for minor economic roles: Tennessee, Franklin, Ohio, Georgia, Mexican Empire, British Empire
Slavery is legal but minor: Pennsylvania, Delaware

Georgia checking in. Now that I get to play my home state, everyone else beware of the Governator.

@EQandcivfanatic: I had questions at the lower end of my orders. Should we put questions in separate PMs?

Hold for a few minutes while I reread your orders and send a response.

@flyinchicken. I looked at your questions and here is your answers. You do have good overall relations with the three powers mentioned. As for free trade, mercantilism is just starting to finally end. Over the next century is when free trade actually becomes a reality to some degree.

Confirming Papal states. Who's that Green Nation directly above me?

Monarchy of connecticut shall raise! But first I have to finish up Richard and install his son Charles IV

Connecticut
Absolute Monarchy: King Richard
Capital: Hartford
Dissent: 5%
Base IC: 1
Military Spending: 1
Public Spending: 0
Private Enterprise: 0
Army: 2 Infantry Divisions
Army Quality: 3
Navy: 2 Frigates
Navy Quality: 2

Kentucky reporting in.

Charles IV? there hasn't been a Charles I!

I'd like to take Sardinia-Piedmont if I may.

To: Our magnificent protectors, the British Empire

We propose a trade pact between us.

To: Our mighty protectors, the French Empire

We propose a trade pact between us.

To: Our great protectors, the Tsardom of Russia

The tsar is strong and his rule absolute, but we humbly ask that you give our merchants some leeway in doing business, at least when it comes to doing business with the Greeks.

@ Yui, the nation above you is Sardinia-Piedmont

Siam confirming, orders will come tomorrow.

TO: The Kingdom of SPAIN

We would like to offer a trade pact with you.

I would liek to take Egypt

To: French Empire, British Empire

We would like to confirm that we still have your guarantee of independence, and seek to maintain close relations with you.

OK, now I'm mad.

I reserved Spain a good seven hours before a_propagandist in the welcome thread.

Why does he have Spain? Either you give me my rightful nation or I leave.

Russia is in da hizzouz!

To: Our great protectors, the Tsardom of Russia

The tsar is strong and his rule absolute, but we humbly ask that you give our merchants some leeway in doing business, at least when it comes to doing business with the Greeks.

We will gladly accept this as it will bring prosperity to both our land and our Greek allies' land.

(Orders should be in tomorrow or sooner)

Calling Persia unless someone else has claimed it.

...Carolina for example has more slaves than free whites, but they are the most significant case. Here is a handy list of slave relations:

Slave Majority: Carolina

Depends on Slaves for Economy: Maryland, Virginia, Kentucky
Has slaves for minor economic roles: Tennessee, Franklin, Ohio, Georgia, Mexican Empire, British Empire
Slavery is legal but minor: Pennsylvania, Delaware

Checking in as the Republic of New Africa [/joke]

Though, I'd like to point out that Georgia, the expanded one here, is the cotton belt.

Yes, it may be the cotton belt, but they've only started their hand in bringing people in. Cotton gin hasnt been invented yet and it has yet to achieve the vital importance it had in the Deep South so far.

D'Art, you are correct.

Propagandist, let me figure out what that makes you.

Top Bottom