A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using 1.75B, the options in BUG are not saved, and need to be reset every time I start up the game.

I don't know if it's really a bug or there's something wrong with the installation.

Both Cities and Revolution buttons take me to the Cities screen. I tried to use the keyboard Shift-Alt-G (if i remember well) to go to Revolution screen, but it still took me to Cities screen.

I went with Choose religion option activated, but instead of let me choose it picks it up at random.

When using Single Unit Graphics, some Units appear de-centered (French Archers, general Galleys; Persian Axemen unsure) or pretty weird (a little catapult surrounded by an Ironclad shadow - Siege Quinquereme). Also, some (Persian Heavy swordsmen, Aztec Caravel) use default designs until one selects them.

These units are the examples I spotted and remembered, up to the early renaissance as I haven't reached later eras yet.

Other (this issue was inherited from non-mod CIV): is it possible to fix that somehow, that when playing Multi - Hot Seat, after one turns on the resources indicator and finishes the turn, the game turns them off for the next player.
Other2, I haven't researched it yet here, but in non-mod CIV, when one researches the tech that centers World Map, turns will start zoomed out for one player and zoomed closely in for the other player.

I believe the uncentered units are a result of using the Formations feature, which wasn't designed to be used alongside the Single Unit Graphics option. Basically, use one or the other.

Using 1.75B, the options in BUG are not saved, and need to be reset every time I start up the game.

I noticed something like that as well but i took time to be aware of !!!
So I played a nearly entire game at noble level !!! instead of evolutive level

As mentioned in my thread:

Once a unit reaches 100% withdraw chance by promotions and great commander's skills, it can no longer be promoted (it keeps getting exp but gets no promotions offered). Fortunately you can "fix" the bug by moving out of Great Commander's area of effect, losing the withdraw bonus, and once that happens, you can promote units again. But... yeah.

Also, 100% withdraw breaks game balance due to AI being not capable of blocking the super-unit's back before attacking it. If you have withdraw on defense on, your unit ends up being completely immortal. I'd advise either improving the AI so when faced a unit with 80%+ withdraw it tries to put a fast stack behind it when attacking it or put a global cap at withdraw chance at 90% or 95% so the player is rewarded for investing time in his warlord unit by having it nearly immortal, but not TOTALLY immortal.

I have a city which should grow, but stays on 1 turn to grow. I don't know if it's all the cities or just this one. The cities (including the one I now have a problem with) have been growing normally up until now. I'm playing as the Holy Roman Empire and the city's name is Rilatuer (it's a map name).

I have the exact same bug with Vienna in my HRE. Out of curioisity, do you have mixed leaders and civilizations? What size is the city; mine's 4 trying to get to 5. The more points we have in common the more likely they can track it down.

I don't know if it's really a bug or there's something wrong with the installation.

Both Cities and Revolution buttons take me to the Cities screen. I tried to use the keyboard Shift-Alt-G (if i remember well) to go to Revolution screen, but it still took me to Cities screen.

I went with Choose religion option activated, but instead of let me choose it picks it up at random.

I get this problem too, sort of: Both screens look VERY similar to each other but they're different, not sure what's different in each, but city advisor screen seemed to be better-designed so I used that. City screen had revolution information in its usual spot, even if I had to "jiggle" the mouse a little to get to get it to show the revolution tooltip. (Does it maybe only show on mouseover of text in the revolution meter, or a certain portion of the meter? Was kind of annoying to have to do that.) Will edit this post for any clarity should I find anything worth mentioning in my next play-through.

Edit: The screens look similar because they use the same interface, just the city screen has different items showing. Click on the little scroll next to the Executive Summary drop-down list at the bottom of the advisor screen and add fields (using the + button) with words like "REV" and "TEXT", and the "DELTA" text one near the top (shows stability trend). Not sure which of these if any is a text for National Stability, only place I've been able to see National Stability level is in the city screen revolution meter.

I have the exact same bug with Vienna in my HRE. Out of curioisity, do you have mixed leaders and civilizations? What size is the city; mine's 4 trying to get to 5. The more points we have in common the more likely they can track it down.

The city size is 14 trying to get to 15. I am playing with mixed leaders, though I gave most of the civs one of their own leaders, cos I mostly chose the mix leader option to allow me to have a different leader to my civ (Darius). I also have "avoid growth" off.

A solution to an issue which I've also posted in its own thread in the main AND forum:

For a very long time playing AND I had no idea that additional modules existed which were disabled by default until recently when I was browsing the Sevopedia in-game to find some other info. Naturally, I was excited to discover these modules, but after following the instructions I came across the first problem:
There was no Unloaded Modules folder in my Assets directory. Soon, I discovered that a copy of the older mod, the second most recent version, had the unloaded modules folder so I copied the modules into the active Modules folder and for good measure re-copied them all within the unloaded folder into the Assets directory.

It was at this point that I came across the second problem:
None of the new modules took effect when I ran the game.
I tried running WoC just in case, but to no avail. After hours of trying to find a solution online I ran across a breif mention someone made of having to change an XML file, but not sure which one I didn't immediately follow up on the lead. However, I did notice that the process worked fine when I ran the older version with the modules active.
Then, I decided to look for the enigmatic XML file, starting with the two in the modules folder and located the answer within the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file: the default active modules were named but none of the new ones were. I knew how to solve the problem since text-based files like these are something I routinely fiddle with using Notepad ++ when playing Paradox games like Europa Universalis or Hearts of Iron, and so I copied the code and inserted the names of the new mods, which went like this:

<Module>
<Directory>Custom Buildings</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Static</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Holy Wars</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>

Bingo. Worked like a charm, although my pre-existing saved games were incompatible, though I don't mind.

The city size is 14 trying to get to 15. I am playing with mixed leaders, though I gave most of the civs one of their own leaders, cos I mostly chose the mix leader option to allow me to have a different leader to my civ (Darius). I also have "avoid growth" off.

I'm using mixed as well. Willhellima and the HRE. Odd.

It's incredible! But if when you install a player chooses not to install additional color theme, and another set additional color theme. They will not load saved multiplayer games. Will fly an error loading the save that I have twice written. Unbelievable is not it? Tested on version 1.75 Patch B

I get this problem too, sort of: Both screens look VERY similar to each other but they're different, not sure what's different in each, but city advisor screen seemed to be better-designed so I used that. City screen had revolution information in its usual spot, even if I had to "jiggle" the mouse a little to get to get it to show the revolution tooltip. (Does it maybe only show on mouseover of text in the revolution meter, or a certain portion of the meter? Was kind of annoying to have to do that.) Will edit this post for any clarity should I find anything worth mentioning in my next play-through.

Edit: The screens look similar because they use the same interface, just the city screen has different items showing. Click on the little scroll next to the Executive Summary drop-down list at the bottom of the advisor screen and add fields (using the + button) with words like "REV" and "TEXT", and the "DELTA" text one near the top (shows stability trend). Not sure which of these if any is a text for National Stability, only place I've been able to see National Stability level is in the city screen revolution meter.

It's just different from what i remember. I played RoM alone for a long time and i could distinguish easily from Cities and Revolution screens.

I've noticed something else that might be a bug also. I have activated the option Multiple production, but sometimes it still doesn't carry over and i get the gold.

Dynamic Civ names mod should NOT be auto-disabled on the BUG screen. This ruined my first game right away as I had to enable it before the first turn, but it never took effect.

It's incredible! But if when you install a player chooses not to install additional color theme, and another set additional color theme. They will not load saved multiplayer games. Will fly an error loading the save that I have twice written. Unbelievable is not it? Tested on version 1.75 Patch B

Did you get multiplayer saves to load when both players had no additional color theme?

New question: Does Dynamic Civ Names work without Revolutions enabled? Last time I checked (way back in 1.73 beta or so), Dynamic Civ Names didn't work if you disabled Revolutions---it would rename you from Tribe to City-state to Empire, and no further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom