1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone know how to turn revolutions on? I have the latest version of AND, however I do not believe it is patched.

2. amrod

amrod Warlord

Not necessarily. It actually downloads way faster than it installs for me...
    Also, I don't have as much space on the c drive where it wants to unpack the temp files...

3. amrod

amrod Warlord

Anyway, have any idea why the extra civ pack might not work? Or should I first try on a faster pc? (Will try..)

4. The_guy

The_guy Elephantary School.

Cry. I've been running the installor three times now, but I can never find A new dawn in the mod selection screen. Why not?

5. amrod

amrod Warlord

stupid question - Did you input the correct folder? It tries to put it into c:\some_default_directory instead of finding the real folder (from registry).

6. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I have been getting this a whole LOT lately, any idea what this is about? (see pic below also)

Spoiler :
    Code:
    # Will update the help Strings
    	def updateHelpStrings( self ):

screen = CyGInterfaceScreen( "MainInterface", CvScreenEnums.MAIN_INTERFACE )

if ( CyInterface().getShowInterface() == InterfaceVisibility.INTERFACE_HIDE_ALL ):
    			screen.setHelpTextString( "" )
    		else:
    			[B]screen.setHelpTextString( CyInterface().getHelpString() )[/B]

return 0

i also got this one:

Spoiler :
    Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 262, in showTechSplash

File "TechWindow", line 281, in interfaceScreen

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
    ERR: Python function showTechSplash failed, module CvScreensInterface

7. The_guy

The_guy Elephantary School.

sorry. :blush: Mainly I follow Garrison: There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. Anyway, thanks. I'll be trying it soon.

8. likewhoa

likewhoa Chieftain

I've looked through this thread quite a bit but it's so long. I'm running BtS on windows 7 and have installed the AND mod. BtS loads fine however when I load the mod after about 30 seconds of loading I get a Windows message saying that the program has stopped working. I then get a crash to the desktop. Any ideas?

9. hotrodlincoln

hotrodlincoln Upasaka

So i've downloaded this three times now, and have repeatedly deleted and tried to reinstall this mod to no effect. I am installing into the right directory, shows up on the list just fine, but when I load up the mod it just crashes everytime. I don't understand what I could have really done wrong here.

10. Carwyn

Carwyn Prince

I downloaded it 8 times, using several different mirrors before I got a clean download that would install.

Also I have pretty messy DSL and slow downloads. I figure that messed up my downloads.

11. Metalstorm

Metalstorm Chieftain

Hello, sory about my english, (I'm a German)
    I found a few new? bugs.
    I've got it into a 7z file with short descriptions, pictures in MS Word and saves.
    I hope that I'm not one these persons who doesn' know what is a bug of ROM an AND.

I've I post at the wrong place please say where its is right, or submit it to it (and please tell me where it is correct).

How to hang it on a reply or to send it to the right person? I don't know how to :cry: !

thanks Metal

12. jimmy10fingers

jimmy10fingers Chieftain

Hi,
    Ive installed RoM 2.92 and AND 1.75 + patch c (i couldnt find a and b). RoM works fine but when i load AND i get an XML error of

"Failed Loading XML file \Terrain/Civ4 FeatureInfos.xml.
    {.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File -
    File: xml\Terrain/Civ4 FeatureInfos.xml.
    Reason: The element 'bCanGrowAnywhere' is used but not declareed in the DTD/Schema.

Line: 508, 22
    Source:
    <bCanGrow Anywhere>1</bCanGrowAnywhere>"

followed by a seeming unending series if error messages of allocating zero or less memory in xml files (i tried clicking through them, but gave up there was so many)

I tried a few fixes ive seen on the site, like changing the regional settings and its in the program files/civ4.../mods folder, but no one seems to have quite the same problem i have, i can even get into the game to see if AND civilopedia is there

and ive uninstalled and reinstalled the mod

Any help? Please!?

13. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

This sort of error is caused by either a bad download or installing over an old version.

If you are starting from RoM 2.92 rather than RoM-A New Dawn (1.75) that could be the problem as patch c is made for the latter not the former.

I would suggest deleting the "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" folder from your mods folder. Then install then apply the patch again. Make sure you get the correct folder name when doing the install since it does not always get the right name.

14. Tenketsu

Tenketsu Chieftain

I'm using 1.75C, first time with this mod, and it keeps crashing on me during world-creation, usually at Init Graphics. Sometimes it tells me "Memory allocation failure - exiting program. Reason: bad allocation". Sometimes I get "Runtime Error! Program: ...Civ4BeyondSword.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

I just tested my RAM with Memtest86 recently, so I'm pretty sure my RAM is not bad. The problem also seems to be specific to this mod (I've recently run vanilla BTS, the Star Trek mod, and FFH Age of Ice with no problems). My system has a 2.9 GHz Athlon dual-core, a GeForce 250, and 3 GBs of RAM, so I don't think it ought to be my system specs. It looks like I can load Earth2 maps smaller than normal, but normal and above is a guaranteed crash.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I've tried deleting the mod and reinstalling, which changed nothing.

15. amrod

amrod Warlord

And I thought my 4years old laptop was too slow for this mod... So much for my hopes running on a faster machine :(

16. Tenketsu

Tenketsu Chieftain

Further testing shows that turning the graphics quality all the way down (from pretty high) also changes nothing.

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

After many years of running RoM without it I have finally done the 3GB switch for my XP machine. No more problems, for now. :)

18. Metalstorm

Metalstorm Chieftain

Hello!
    Today my (theoretikal) bugs BTS (3.19) ROM AND 1.75b:

Error messages in the game while playing (in the same field like events, messages... like Ramses has 9 gold to trade, city Tokio destroyed...):

&#8220;Error in cityAcquired event handler <bound method
    CvEnhancedTechConquestEventManager.onCityAcquired of
    <CvEnhancedTechConquestEventManager.CvEnhancedTechConquestEventManager instance
    At 0x02CE6DC8&#8221;

At 0x02CE9DC8&#8221;

At 0x02B50E18&#8221;

Not able to play after Year 1675/1780/1785. Game Crashes. Have save but doesn&#8217;t know how to send it to the right person. And how is the right?

Missioners, Guild man and Corporation man collect at cities where they can&#8217;t expand if automatic-modus on (in cities where the headquarter of an other company/guild).Don't like to "work" after that.

Window of Resources Change position after minimise BTS ROM AND 1.75b

CIV IV Rise of Mankind A New Dawn crashes if event open window (Diplomacy, Wonder...) or I like to open civilization controls like government, research, religion&#8230;
    And I get these Error message (from German to English):

&#8220;Graphic memory can&#8217;t addressed. Please reduce your graphic configurations.
    File:\main\Civilization4\SDKsGamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp, Line:321&#8221;

It would be nice if a person who knows what is wrong (are these found problems bugs or a corrupted download?) and when it is fixed, write it.

Thanks
    Metal

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Hi,

I have been getting those first three errors also. Only been happening recently. Did you add in any other mods to AND? If you had it may help identify where it is happening.

We think this one is caused by memory leaks in the game engine. Nothing can be done about fixing the problem. Reentering Civ IV and loading a save usually fixes it. If I play a full game I will probably get it twice in the game.

20. philipschall

philipschall Warlord

One thing I've been noticing is the lack of updating civics. In my game, it's currently 0 AD on snail, yet half of all civs haven't even switched from the beginning civics, even though they have the techs that allow them to. Is this new? Does this eventually right itself?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.