A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Version 1.75c, iirc, Aforress pared down many things including units to reduce size and turn times.

If the Mod plays from a Custom game start, Ancient Era, then I'm not sure what you deem to be the problem.

Have you removed ALL other versions of RoM and AND from your BtS/Mods folder just to be sure you are not getting Cache problems from previously played RoM/AND mods. Also when you load the Mod are you holding down the Shift key to clear the cache?

A step by step process of how you have installed and set up to play would help in determining what "might" be you cause for concern over missing Modern Era units.

All I can think of right now.

JosEPh :)

Hello. I have a strange situation to which I can not find answer.

I can not claim territory, because I don't have appropriatte button at any unit. I've got Monarchy, Vassalage selected. From behaviour of game, it looks like I don't have FixBorders in RAND at all.

Civ Version 319
Save version 302
Build version 3.1.9.0
RoM - AND 1.75C (update in game says lastest version)

Any ideas?

Thx.

Hello. I have a strange situation to which I can not find answer.

I can not claim territory, because I don't have appropriatte button at any unit. I've got Monarchy, Vassalage selected. From behaviour of game, it looks like I don't have FixBorders in RAND at all.

Civ Version 319
Save version 302
Build version 3.1.9.0
RoM - AND 1.75C (update in game says lastest version)

Any ideas?

Thx.

Fixed boarders is a game option. I think it is off by default. Did you turn it on?

In Version 1.75c, iirc, Aforress pared down many things including units to reduce size and turn times.

If the Mod plays from a Custom game start, Ancient Era, then I'm not sure what you deem to be the problem.

Have you removed ALL other versions of RoM and AND from your BtS/Mods folder just to be sure you are not getting Cache problems from previously played RoM/AND mods. Also when you load the Mod are you holding down the Shift key to clear the cache?

A step by step process of how you have installed and set up to play would help in determining what "might" be you cause for concern over missing Modern Era units.

All I can think of right now.

I have no other versions and I followed the instructions I was given, and I installed it just like I would any other mod. And it does look right in the folder, still no luck? And alot of the game options dont work either (the check boxes of things to enable/disable when sitting up a match)

Does your OS require a UAC? If so, disable it.

Are you using a version of Civ IV like Complete? There have been reported problems with the Complete version.

Is your version a retail Box set of CDs/DVDs or did you get a Digital D/L version?
If a Digital D/l is used the Digital provider's installation program rearranges the "files" of the game and can cause untold weirdness when trying to add a Mod. Or even an Official patch if it doesn't come through their Digital service.

These are some possibilities, and the tough ones to fix. If they can be at all.

Didn't you re-D/L the Mod recently, along with a fresh d/l of Patch C?

JosEPh

That's Good news.

Of course I'd assume you all were using CD/dvds for you initial installation for compatibility?

quick question
why is it when choose religion and limited religion are on i end up getting christianity?
sometimes i get something else
it seems random for no reason

What Civ do you choose to play as?

IIRC, the Civ you play as has a direct relation to Choose and Limited. It's been awhile since I've used either of those options, so I could be mistaken.

Hi All:
Can anyone advise how to make the diplomatic screen animations frozen in order to save video
mem. I get about 2/3 thru a game and start getting crashes.
Very nice mod. Brings new life to the game, but can never finish one due to crashes. Using the 3 Gb switch, windows xp(home) and a 1mb video card.
Thx.

What Civ do you choose to play as?

IIRC, the Civ you play as has a direct relation to Choose and Limited. It's been awhile since I've used either of those options, so I could be mistaken.

wow, different civs actually have different 'randoms'
last play through was america/washington/christianity
got any tips to straighten this out?

Just installed 175C by:
moved away my previous rise of mankind folder
installed AND175
installed the C patch (A New Dawn 1.75C Patch.exe)
started BTS
loaded rise of mankind mod

It seemed to load correctly, but several options under "custom game" seem to be missing e.g.
start as minor is not available

Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong or what is the problem?

Hi All:
Can anyone advise how to make the diplomatic screen animations frozen in order to save video
mem. I get about 2/3 thru a game and start getting crashes.
Very nice mod. Brings new life to the game, but can never finish one due to crashes. Using the 3 Gb switch, windows xp(home) and a 1mb video card.
Thx.

Navman

Download regular rise of Mankind 2.92, in modules folder you can find Static folder. That should work with AND also..

wow, different civs actually have different 'randoms'
last play through was america/washington/christianity
got any tips to straighten this out?

Don't use Limited or Choose and then race to the religion you want. Seriously.

I always use Multiple Religions, so it then becomes a matter of which tech path I want to use early to get the religion I want. And yes, I usually found 3 or 4 religions. But that's my play style as I use all the religions I found and head for the Free Religion Civic. I use State Religion Civic Early game to spread my Main religion then spread the others as "needs" arise in different cities. But that's just how I play.

rtt4a:
Thx for your reply. Tried that. The animations are frozen for ROM but not AND.
Also tried copying the Static folder from ROM to the modules folder of AND and
that did not work either. Since AND is a stand alone, perhaps someone could explain
if something within AND itself needs to be set up or changed.

Thx.

Navman,
What about the Main BtS Options menu for Graphics? Have you tried reducing them to help delay the MAFs.

Also with XP home don't let Windows manage your memory. Use Custom settings or Performance settings instead of the checkbox that says "Let windows manage......". This is under Properties for My Computer. Also set your paging file to be "at least" 2048MB if you have 3GB of Ram or more. Been awhile since I had to recommend this. But it' what I had to go with my old XP Pro Computer that only had 2GB of ram to get RoM and early AMD to play thru to the game end.

JosEPh II:
Thank you for your suggestions. I had the graphics turned down to the lowest levels.
I have changed windows to the "performance" setting from "custom" and set the mem to 2048. The problem(s) usually relates to the ATI driver "ATI2CQAG.DLL" and one(1)
other. I have the latest drivers installed. I'm only playing with a total of four(4) civs
on a "huge" map.
Would still like to find a way to freeze the animations on the diplomacy sreen.

Thx.

rtt4a:
Thx for your reply. Tried that. The animations are frozen for ROM but not AND.
Also tried copying the Static folder from ROM to the modules folder of AND and
that did not work either. Since AND is a stand alone, perhaps someone could explain
if something within AND itself needs to be set up or changed.

Thx.

Navman

Did you add static in modular loading control xml..? If you did, try also deleting custom leader heads folder. I Have not tried static with AND my self..

@Navman
CTrl-Alt-O brings up the BUG Option screen. Under one or more of the many tabs is an option to stop Movie and Diplomacy animations, plus several other option to reduce Ram and CPU usage. Look thru it and you will find them.

With 4 Civs try the next lower map setting instead of Huge. I could play on the Huge with 6AI on my old computer that I previously mentioned and make it to game end. But I had alot of those "Options" under BUG turned down or off to do so.

Whenever I meet a foreign dignitary and countless other times it randomly crashes to desktop. I'm running this mod on bts 3.1.9 with all the latest downloads and such and with many of the cool mods you created turned on. Any idea why it keeps crashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom