1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michail

Michail Chieftain

Hello, ok, I haven't. I thought I can do it by customizing the game by pressing CTRL+ALT+O. Looks like the only way is to set this (these, there are more options) only at custom game startup. Or is there any way how to change it during the game? I'd like to switch on FixBorders and Revolutions (=switch off NoRevolutions) on already played game. Haven't find the way.

Thx.

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I don't think you can. There are some options that control what XML is loaded and if you change the XML then you can't load a save.

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

If you have modding eXperience the newer version of REVDCM could be merged with AND1.75c, IF you have sufficient modding eXperience to handle this task. I can't as I have no XML/SDK/Python/C++/etc. knowledge.

Afforess has hinted that maybe by the end of this month a AND1.76 version may appear. I would naturally assume with his eXtensive Modding skills that he would merge the latest REVDCM into AND.

I miss Zappara. :(

JosEPh :)

4. Michail

Michail Chieftain

Looks like I have to start another game :sad: But, thanks.

5. SBR79

SBR79 Chieftain

Hi guys, i need help first time i have used a mod mod, I start game in ROM, then select A new Dawn mor, but it reloads the normal BTS version, help please.

6. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

All you should need to do is when you load up BtS, is select Advanced, then next screen Load Mod, and from the list that comes up select Rise of Mankind-A New Dawn.

7. Aesus

Aesus Chieftain

Hello,

I have tried huge amounts of "fixes" for the no interface issue, but NOTHING has worked at all. I have only AND 1.75c installed along with the standard BtS mods. The installation issue faq is utterly useless in regards to that issue as all it says is "occurs with bad installs, follow the directions and try again" or something like that. I have even installed to desktop and placed in the mods folder manually. I have even completely uninstalled Civ4 and the 2 expansions, deleted all residual folders, reinstalled, just to see if that would change anything. Unfortunatly, the issue still persists. A while back AND worked perfectly fine, so I really have no idea what is wrong.
    Thanks.

8. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

With the re-installation did you make sure BtS is at version 3.19? Using 3.13 or 3.17 would cause the interface problem along with other things.

What "Mods" folder did you use? The My Documents or the main x:/Program Files/Firaxis/ Sid M.../BtS/Mod path/folder? (where x is the drive letter, ex. c: )

Installing into the My Documents path can and usually does cause problems.

There is also a keyboard command, something like Alt-I that toggles the interface off and on.

After installation and before you load the Mod have you checked the Basic BtS Option menu?

It has to be something simple at start up that is being over looked.

9. Aesus

Aesus Chieftain

BtS is fully patched, and it is not installed in the my documents, although that has been attempted. Other mods work fine, but every time I load AND it is just the blank menu with the mod title..

10. NightKev

NightKev Chieftain

Strange things are happening to my research rate/income. (Image)
    Not sure what other info might be needed exactly...

11. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Can you post a save? It's likely that the 2 just got out of sync in the code, the Main Menu (not the tax menu) one is correct.

12. Afforess

Blank as in no text? Are you using English (as the language in game)? Where is AND installed to?

13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Didn't Jungle Camps on hills used to give 1 hammer instead of taking away 1 hammer?

I don't have any Jungle territory in my empire that is by a river so I don't know if the boost in production is still available with it as Vincentz original JC had.

The 1.76beta runs smooth, wait between turns is low. The Chiefdom Civic had me buffaloed for a bit.

Did you remove the extra Tabs from the Bug Options screen? I only have 5 tabs now. I should probably post a screenie huh?

Up to 885BC on a Giant Archipelago Map, Noble level, with 7AI. None of whom I have met yet. Thought I had picked Epic length so I'm at 340+ turns out of 1250 turns. I have founded 3 religions and may soon have a 4th. I'm ranked 4th in Power by the pop up screen and 3rd in wealth. Culture I'm 7th. I've been beaten by someone to several of the Important Wonders like Parthenon, Great Library, and Temple of Artemis as far as I can remember.

Barbs are at BtS normal levels so far. Have only had 2 small invasions of Ax and archer but since I got both horse and elephant and iron and copper they have been only small nuisances. Captured 1 barb city in the tundra to the south of my empire. It was the only one I've come across so far too.

Just some small feedback so far. More will come this weekend when i hopefully will have more time to test play.

14. Afforess

I did not remove BUG tags. Try a redownload and reinstall, and if it persists, turn on python logging and upload them. Missing interface is a sign of a python issue.

IDK about the Jungle, it could be just because I removed civic effects on a lot of improvements (it caused the AI to destroy their perfectly good improvements whenever they changed civics, and it wasn't all that special anyway).

Glad everything seems smooth.

Initial impression on the Chiefdom civic? I was unsure, but I felt the 3 city hard limit was better than the scaling distance maintenance, for 2 reasons:

A.) Everyone seems to have an aversion to maintenance, so I stripped a lot out in AND 1.76

B.) The AI did not understand the maintenance was to discourage settling cities. The AI actually is advantaged with a hard limit, since the player usually reaches it first.

15. NightKev

NightKev Chieftain

I think the "g1-3" save should show it happening, just hit + or - on research rate when not in a menu and you'll notice it changes, then about half a second later it changes again. In the econ menu, hitting the +/- shows both values at once.
    I also put an earlier autosave just in case, I think at least one of them should show it happening.

Attached Files:

16. flitz

flitz Warlord

Weird, is this just me ? I used the 1.76 beta upgrade over my 1.75c installation and when running it I am missing the RevDCM options in the BUG-menu (only have the general options on the first tab there actually).

17. Stormwind

Stormwind King

This was a bug in the first beta build, Afforess uploaded a new one where this was fixed.

18. southsider1986

southsider1986 Chieftain

When I load up a new game, from the center-top screen downwards I get in white text auto messages like this "BugOptions- failed writing ini.file etc." filling up a dozen lines.
    If anybody understand what I'm talking about, plz help and fix the problem Thanks!!

19. Afforess

Turn off UAC or run Civ4 BTS as administrator.

20. baha

baha Chieftain

Hi,

I am glad to see that you are continuing on the developement of AND. I have been palying som ROM games in the last year and was happy to find the new 1.76 beta. After installing however, I am having some problems (downloaded today).

First, the Revolution part does not seem to start. There is an error when the game starts saying: Error in GameStartEven Handler <bound error revolution init.on game start of <revolutioninit.revolutioninit instance at 0x16...>

Second, The Bug options only display the first tab. I can remember taht there were many more in 1.75

I did a re-install of 1.75 and then installed beta 1.76 over it. Did not help. Any ideas?

I like the new civics. They seem more balanced and clean than the one in 1.75

I also have a request regarding the gameplay: Would it be possible to make the non-standard religions also optional. Typically I play on large maps: There are not enough civilizations for having teh additional religions. So, it will result in the technically advanced civ having 5 or six holy cities. I dont like this, so in 1.75 I have removed all new religions from the xml files. However, this makes it difficult to apply patches. If you tell me how to implement the religion switch option in AND, I would help you to re-work the XML's.

Thanks for the great mod!

Baha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.