1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stingo

stingo Chieftain

Just to confirm. Is this from the latest beta (2.0 b2)? do you get those error messages at the start of the game I mentioned in the earlier post ? I am really thinking my install is broken atm. Thanks.

2. zulu9812

zulu9812 The Newbie Nightmare

From 2.0 beta 2 and no error messages at the start of the game. I think you should try a fresh install of AND.

3. antoca

antoca Chieftain

This is wrong installation. You should delete 1.75 first.

4. stingo

stingo Chieftain

But the package for v 2 is much smaller and I thought it did not include everything. I still do not understand this part. Anyway I grabbed svn and will try it today.

5. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

It is lite, in that it has no extra leaders or movies, and has better compression. The installer has everything you need to run it.

6. antoca

antoca Chieftain

You're right, it is 2 times less, because new movies, sounds and leaderheads are missed. As Afforess said this is a light version. Svn is full. I am not sure about copying over, because some files could be removed. But I didn't check. I just have experience of having problems, so always do clean installation to avoid it.

7. Orimanus

Orimanus Chieftain

I installed the new beta and on the main game screen I have around 10 messages telling me there are problems with BUG. Any I idea how to fix this?

8. stingo

stingo Chieftain

Thanks guys I sort out the problem with religions. There is some setting which breaks it and it is probably not directly religion related. Also after checking out svn all errors at the start are gone. I noticed a small bug the turkish guy is all red

9. Afforess

10. Orimanus

Orimanus Chieftain

No help? I tried re installing twice now the messages wont go away and its unplayable. Their are a few other things wrong that probably relate to this.

11. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

As I've already described here:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=451687
    there's a bug with spaceship and mastery victory;
    as you can see in the attached savegame, just skip to next turn and you'll see AI isn't not even near to reach space flight but from the victory screen it looks like they've launched their spaceship; how is it possible? This problem was also present in 1.76 as I described in my earlier post. Of course this bug makes Mastery victory totally useless.

Edit: by the way, have you changed something about economy? I've never had a game where I was making so much gold and science like this one (I play with adv economy off).

Edit2: I've just seen this post from Aline http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11218735&postcount=4286 looks like the economical bug is related to resources more than corporation as he's suggesting

Attached Files:

12. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

And by the way, it's possible to build Great Wonders and Projects but National Wonders are always limited to 0 per city unless you have Unlimited Wonders, I suppose.

13. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Don't know if it's related to version 2.0 beta2 but it looks like AI isn't researching anything in the transhuman era; it's more than 20 turns in my current game that AI isn't researching anything...

EDIT: Attached is the relevant savegame; as you can see from the Diplomatic Advisor (Techs), there are a lot of undiscovered techs for AIs, but they cannot research those techs; looks like they've got stuck somewhere, unable to research anything else.

Moreover you can see in the victory screen (I'm using mastery victory) that there are absurd and even negative % of culture (-775%, 1208%), a bug probably related to the resource problem we were talking about earlier.

Edit2: if you're asking why I'm in "Jan 1962" it's because I'm testing with different gamespeed.xml modified by me on normal speed only to see if it's possible to match techs with the correct (more or less) year in which those techs were discovered; this isn't influencing the bugs we are speaking about; the same bugs happen with the standard gamespeed.xml

Edit3: it looks like loading in MaxComp makes all the wrong resources numbers disappear; I hope some of these hints are helpful...

Attached Files:

14. stingo

stingo Chieftain

heck this mod is totally screwed if you add up all the issues together posted in forums :(

15. Afforess

Lol wat. This is a beta. Beta. Bugs are expected. Then I fix them. ;)

16. Shoryn

Shoryn Chieftain

Hello there :) I've been playing Civ4 with this mod for about a week (never played Civ4 before). For some reason I got a CTD when ending a turn (this is repeatable and I can't figure why it does that, because I'm unable to find the log file...)

The only mod I have is RAND. I've attached my savegame to this post. If anyone would be able to tell me what to do to continue this game, i'd be glad to read it :mischief: :D
    (Btw I'm playing with Steam, don't know if this can help)

Thanks a lot (for the mod, which is really nice, and for the potential help)

Edit : I play with v1.75C

Attached Files:

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

@ Shoryn,
    Have you updated with the new .dll posted in post #5269?

JosEPh

18. Shoryn

Shoryn Chieftain

:) No I haven't. Is this dll for 1.75C ?
    I found a way to "solve" this CTD. For some reason, a city I founded the turn of the savegame caused the CTD. I tried to found it in an other tile (near the initial location), still CTD ; then I tried to found it some tiles away : no CTD... I didn't try to found another city in this location for now.

19. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

No, the dll is for ver 2 beta2; if you're playing with 1.75C, then probably nothing in the latest posts relates with your problems because right now we're discussing of the bugs of version 2 beta2 :)

20. Shoryn

Shoryn Chieftain

Yup I play with 1.75C. I think I can't update to 2beta2 and continue playing my current game, right ? :)
    Anyway, if someone knows what causes the CTD in the save... :) Thanks mates !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.