A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup I play with 1.75C. I think I can't update to 2beta2 and continue playing my current game, right ? :)
Anyway, if someone knows what causes the CTD in the save... :) Thanks mates !

Actually, I think it's possible using MaxComp saves to switch between 1.75C and 2beta2; I wouldn't advise it anyway, especially since 2beta2 still has many bugs as described in some previous posts. As for the CTD, sorry but I can't help you since I'm using now 2beta2 but maybe someone else can help. :)

Ok here is an odd bug. If I use my mouse wheel to zoom out to the globe it will crash to the desktop on my PC.

I would attach a save game but the saves are now 3.5 megs and the limit for upload is 2

Anyone else seeing CTD's when trying to view the globe? I was trying to find coal as for some reason I have neither coal nor oil and its 1884 and I have the required techs. I can see a few oil resources elsewhere but not an ounce of coal anywhere can I see. :sad:

If it helps I am playing on marathon, gigantic.

Ok here is an odd bug. If I use my mouse wheel to zoom out to the globe it will crash to the desktop on my PC.

I would attach a save game but the saves are now 3.5 megs and the limit for upload is 2

Anyone else seeing CTD's when trying to view the globe? I was trying to find coal as for some reason I have neither coal nor oil and its 1884 and I have the required techs. I can see a few oil resources elsewhere but not an ounce of coal anywhere can I see. :sad:

If it helps I am playing on marathon, gigantic.

This map is too big to be zoomed out so that you can see the globe. AFAIK it's a bug that's known from a lot of time but no one is able to solve it; probably it's impossible, maybe it's related to video memory because the larger the map (or the more cities/units are present on the map), the more likely it's to happen. As for uploading the saves, you can simply zip them and upload the zip because zips are allowed up to 10mb if I'm not mistaken.

I was trying to find coal as for some reason I have neither coal nor oil and its 1884 and I have the required techs. I can see a few oil resources elsewhere but not an ounce of coal anywhere can I see. :sad:
Some maps can be without several resources, just try another type of maps. Also you can use worldbuilder to scout all resources on your generated map. It seems you didn't do it... Why not?

Hi,

First of all thanks for an amazing mod, have been blown away by the scale and the improvements made.

I would be very grateful if someone could spare a moment to help. In my latest game (a new dawn 1.75c) I crash when the map is scrolled from time to time (am up to around 1670ad turn time are about 2-3mins -is this normal?). I thought about turning down some of the options but every time I try to enter the B.U.G options screen (by clicking icon or ALT+CTRL + O ) the game locks up and I have to close via task manager.

Does any one have any idea what is causing this, as I would dearly love to finish a game.

Giant Map
12 AI
Marathon

amd PII 3.ghz
8gb 1333ghz ram
ati 6850 1gb
250gb 7200rpm hardrdrive

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

In my latest game (a new dawn 1.75c) I crash when the map is scrolled from time to time (am up to around 1670ad turn time are about 2-3mins -is this normal?). I thought about turning down some of the options but every time I try to enter the B.U.G options screen (by clicking icon or ALT+CTRL + O ) the game locks up and I have to close via task manager.

This is perfectly normal, it happens the same on my Quadcore Q9450, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram,1gb video memory; as for the BUG options, the game doesn't lock up; it only takes a loooong time to open the BUG window; it could take up to 20 min I think, tested on my pc. If you want to change BUG options, do it at the start of the game when opening the BUG window doesn't take so long.

Thank you for your reply.

The reason i wanted to change mid game was to try and remove formations, in an attempt to stop it crashing. Is there any way to do this without loading the game?

I will try waiting but as soon as I click the bug menu button, task manager shows civ 4 as not responding - should I just wait?

Thanks again

If I recall correctly formations are activated during the AND installation.

Quick question (still 1.75C) : is there a way to remove the "Press CTRL + ALT + O to open RAND options" message ? It's always displayed. :D

Thank you for your reply.

The reason i wanted to change mid game was to try and remove formations, in an attempt to stop it crashing. Is there any way to do this without loading the game?

I will try waiting but as soon as I click the bug menu button, task manager shows civ 4 as not responding - should I just wait?

Yes, I think so; if you can, just wait. At least worked for me, and task manager was showing "civ4 not responding" for me too, but in fact it was working perfectly: it only needed time. As for your previous question, another solution that I think you can try is save the game (try both normal savegame and maxcomp savegame, just to be sure), reinstall AND without formation (as Shoryn was saying here, I also think formation is an option when you install the game, don't know if you can change it through BUG options), and try to load your savegame in your freshly reinstalled game (without formation). This could help but I can't be 100% sure.

@Shoryn: I've never noticed the "Press CTRL + ALT + O to open RAND options" message; I mean, I know it's there now that you make me think about it but I've always ignored it and I don't know any way to make it disappear. I think it's useful to have it there, so I'd vote to leave things as they are, but hey, de gustibus non est disputandum :lol:

Hehe yes it's useful when you begin with the mod but after 3 days playing with this message, well, ok, you KNOW you need to press ctrl + alt + o :D

Three bugs, I believe. Using RoM-AnD v 1.75.

First, I could build guild buildings without using the Guilds civic. Not sure if bug.

Second, I had built the Victualers Guild Hall and Craftsmen Guild Hall, and had been turning out Craftsmen and Victualers Masters for a while, spreading guilds. Then, for some reason I could no longer build them. Looking at the Civlopedia page for them, I saw they are obsoleted by Machine Tools, but I had not yet researched that tech.

Related to #2, techs do not indicate when they obsolete guilds in the hover-over descriptions.

Third, I started a game with all victory conditions possible, and not requiring complete kills. However, I did not win a domination victory, nor did I win when I captured the last AI city on the map. The game just would not end.

I am including the save file.

Attachments

• TsunamiWTF AD-1460.CivBeyondSwordSave
    343.9 KB · Views: 35
Bet you had Mastery Victory checked. It requires ALL victory conditions be met Before it will declare Victory.

I've heard of games were all the AI was eliminated but because some % for culture or science or religion etc was not met Victory was never declared.

I don't use it any more.

JosEPh :)

On the Slow loading of the Bug Options.

1st - you'll have to load the bug options, wait your time... (Sorry)
2nd - Check the various paths for searching for the various assets, Make sure these are where you've actually installed the Mod files.

Example, I play on a Linux based system, emulation windows XP.

When I had didn't use the Altroot path file to alter the path, it would search through the wrong paths, taking 30-45 sec's to load the bug options screen. I correctly used the Altroot path file, copied it to Python/assets or Assets/python, what ever!!, and its now loads in 1-2 secs.

Check all the paths its searching, if you've altered them, use the Altroot.py file contained in Mod itself, and alter according to your operating system.

Nb: Only need to alter the path at the bottom that's not commented out, only took myself 8 months to realize that fact!!!!!! :blush:

On the Slow loading of the Bug Options.

1st - you'll have to load the bug options, wait your time... (Sorry)
2nd - Check the various paths for searching for the various assets, Make sure these are where you've actually installed the Mod files.

Example, I play on a Linux based system, emulation windows XP.

When I had didn't use the Altroot path file to alter the path, it would search through the wrong paths, taking 30-45 sec's to load the bug options screen. I correctly used the Altroot path file, copied it to Python/assets or Assets/python, what ever!!, and its now loads in 1-2 secs.

Check all the paths its searching, if you've altered them, use the Altroot.py file contained in Mod itself, and alter according to your operating system.

Nb: Only need to alter the path at the bottom that's not commented out, only took myself 8 months to realize that fact!!!!!! :blush:

Is the game noticably slower on linux (with emulation) than on native windows ?
Lots of CPU-heavy AI calculations and such sound like additional emulating calculations would have an effect.

Flitz - I use wine to emulate the windows path way's under Linux/ Ubuntu 11.10

It uses its own versions of the various dx3-??'s files and other assorted windows files needed.

Extra calculations, no its just using a different process in native Linux

Windows is a program, based on Dos or Disk Operating System. Which is overlaid upon the bios, or Basic Input Output System.

Basically, ALL operating systems, are multiple layers, its the underlying program that your using, the hardware you utilize, 32 or 64 bits etc that make the difference.

Personally I find it plays above what I'd expect using my system with Windows.

I have a 3 Gig Pentium 3 Processor, without PAE addressing, hyperthreading, 4 Gig of Ram (that's the cheapest and best boost you can get!!!!) with a 512 Meg Video card (upgraded from 128 Meg)

I'm able to play Huge Maps through the Future era up to Future tech No x, with 11 starting civ's plus the usual extra 5-6 evolved civ's at a turn speed of only 10-20 Sec's in future era.

Now granted I play continents, 2-3, I usually conquer my own Continent at BC's-AD's, to reduce some of the load.

but the load on the Processor, dual core, though only 1 core is used, other for operating system, is only 60-80% and Ram eaten up by game (Glutton ) caps out at 2 gig of so.

Bet you had Mastery Victory checked. It requires ALL victory conditions be met Before it will declare Victory.

I've heard of games were all the AI was eliminated but because some % for culture or science or religion etc was not met Victory was never declared.

I don't use it any more.

JosEPh :)

Still, all were checked, and the game should declare victory if you meet any of the conditions. So you're probably right, but it is still a bug. Thanks for the tip tho, I will disable Mastery victory in the future.

Still, all were checked, and the game should declare victory if you meet any of the conditions. So you're probably right, but it is still a bug. Thanks for the tip tho, I will disable Mastery victory in the future.

No, it isn't a bug, it's a feature of Mastery Victory. Mastery Victory disables every other victory, so the only victory available is... mastery. And Mastery Victory is reached only when you reach the last turn, even if you're the only one remaining on the planet. :) The problem is that MV points are probably calculated wrong, as I said in another post, because of a bug with space victory. So anyway there's no use in enabling MV until this problem is solved.

hello guys
I started a AND 2beta2 game with my girlfriend and thought there aren't any Oos problems anymore, because no one in this forum is complaining. but we have still Oos problems. We both have a clean civ bts 3.19 install.

we played with no revelutions and unlimited wonders. every other optionbox is uncheckt. is there any other secret hint you can give me to make it :"oos free".

sorry for my bad english :)

LOVE THIS MOD :D

hello guys
I started a AND 2beta2 game with my girlfriend and thought there aren't any Oos problems anymore, because no one in this forum is complaining. but we have still Oos problems. We both have a clean civ bts 3.19 install.

we played with no revelutions and unlimited wonders. every other optionbox is uncheckt. is there any other secret hint you can give me to make it :"oos free".

I think that OOS are normal since this is a beta version; maybe 1.75C is more stable but I can't be sure; my secret for playing without OOS with my wife is... I play in hotseat mode. ;) Maybe once we have a final version there won't be OOS anymore. I suppose not so many people complain about OOS because they mostly play in single player.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom