A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know; I don't expect anything. I just hope we see more of the code in Civ5. That's where it will really matter, since I'll be ditching Civ4 for Civ5 in a few months.

another OOS in MP, as soon as the game is launched.

:mad:

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    303.8 KB · Views: 54
Sounds like you installed to the wrong folder. I have a step by step guide for installation in the FAQ. If you still can't get it to work with the FAQ, I'll be happy to assist you further. ;)

Let this be a lesson to all the kids out there - Don't drink and unzip.

Anyway thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Everything is good now.

so...no point in trying?

Had a weird thing happen to me when playing, after the workers turn had ended (because they are the last to move before End of Turn) i could NOT select any of my units to move, plus the End of Turn flashing thing did not come up. This happened each and every turn from there on?

Dont know for sure if it has anything to do with BattleField promotions? (Just a thought).:crazyeye:

EDIT: OK on turn 345 (normal setting) the End Turn, returned:confused::crazyeye:

So from around 310 to 345 this happended> btw, i have not gotten any Battlefield Promotion(s) since then either? EDIT: EDIT: Now they are back

Turn 1 OOS errors are because of RevDCM, not much I can do there. I know they've gotten a bunch of MP breakthroughs, but other than that... :(

But is there a different RevDCM from 1.70 beta 3 to 1.70 ?
Cause I didn't ave any problems with betas. (playing with it now all ok)

I'm CONSTANTLY getting the issue of the terrain turning black when I load a game. The first time I got it, I was told it was because I had too many civilizations, so I disabled a few.

I've disabled TEN civilizations in this version, and I'm STILL getting it.

But is there a different RevDCM from 1.70 beta 3 to 1.70 ?
Cause I didn't ave any problems with betas. (playing with it now all ok)

No, I haven't changed RevDCM at all.

I'm CONSTANTLY getting the issue of the terrain turning black when I load a game. The first time I got it, I was told it was because I had too many civilizations, so I disabled a few.

I've disabled TEN civilizations in this version, and I'm STILL getting it.

How are you using the Mega Pack with A New Dawn 1.70? The Mega Pack is meant for RoM 2.81, not RoM 2.9.

You're saying it's due to that? How? Is it some files in the pack files that is unrelated to the actual civs themselves?

How do I unpack those FPK files?

You're saying it's due to that? How? Is it some files in the pack files that is unrelated to the actual civs themselves?

How do I unpack those FPK files?

Those Civ's are missing a bunch of information new to RoM 2.9, and will likely break the game, as you have seen. Right now, you can only play with the Civilizations included in RoM 2.9 by default.

I don't believe that; I have faith! Besides, the Confederacy civilization I had added myself still worked with 2.9 without the need for the MegaCiv packs

I discovered a bug with the new fixed borders system that uses forts.

I had a fort in my territory, and I did not have open borders with france, but we weren't at war. He went an adventurer into one of my forts (since they can go through enemy territory) and he took the fort for himself. Then I could not get it back since I could not enter his borders. You should change it so forts only switch if two civilizations are at war.

I discovered a bug with the new fixed borders system that uses forts.

I had a fort in my territory, and I did not have open borders with france, but we weren't at war. He went an adventurer into one of my forts (since they can go through enemy territory) and he took the fort for himself. Then I could not get it back since I could not enter his borders. You should change it so forts only switch if two civilizations are at war.

Okay, I'll look into it.

Edit: Fixed now, for patch A.

I had a general with some commander promos and they seemed to be working (you could see the small str effects on other units). The game hung on me, not sure why, and after I rebooted and reloaded from the autosave commander promos seemed to stop working altogether, including from previous autosaves. The general had 23 xps by that time, all from fighting barbs, don't know if there is supposed to be a cap on commander xps from barbarian combat as with normal units, but he didnt seem to get anymore xps from further barb combat. Playing with barb generals (obviously) and a charismatic leader.
Fixed borders, Assimilation, Surround and Destroy, Raging Barbarians and all defaults except tech diffusion are also on

Minor thing with resources - there seems to be an over abundance of silver. They come in groups of three, ie three plots with silver next to each other. I got two sets of three within 9 plots of each other on huge map. Silver is the only resource that is clumping like this. (Lie - dye does as well but in bigger numbers, 5-7 plot clumps, and the clumps are not near each other.) Naturally it could just be probaility doing its thing which is why I said "seems" ;).

I unpacked the FPK files for the MegaCiv pack. What files do I need to EFF with in order to fix the civs up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom