1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AAranda's modcomps for RoM 2.7

Discussion in 'RoM Modmods' started by AAranda, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Zyamaia

Zyamaia Chieftain

Hi, well after much tinkering, I got your Rom mod to not cause errors when the game loads. Mind you I had TONS of help. :p I just can't seem to be able to get to choose the Canadian leader in a custom game. I don't see his name at all. As it stands here is where the Canadian leader head file is located. C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Assets\Modules\Custom civilizations\Canada. I installed you Traits program also into this directory: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind. I am at a loss as to what to do. Please help.

Note: I might have misposted on the download page just disregard that temporary act of insanity.

2. os79

os79 Deity

Thank you. Now off to incorporate your mods in adition to TONS of other super modmods! This subforum for modmods is alive with activity! *cheer*

3. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

Ok it seems you're not placing the files in their correct place. The install instructions are in the download page and are also included in the file when downloaded , all you have to do is follow
    For the canadian civ , you have to place it inside Modules , wich is inside assets in your rom 2.7 version . That's the thread: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom civilizations\Canada. Also , you must replace the 2 files coming with canadian mod , just delete the files in your rom version and paste the ones in the mod
    For the traits mod , wich have install instructions too in the download page and inside the file , you must follow this thread C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\xml\Civilizations , once you are in there just replace the original file for the one provided
    Make me know if you have any problem

4. Hawkeye Pierce

Hawkeye Pierce Chieftain

Wow! Wonderful work!

Could you take a look at these images and possibly consider doing double Australian/NZ civs like you did for Argentina and Brazil (great idea btw)?

I always feel that Oceania is very often neglected in civ mods...

The first two in each are famous leaders/influencial people with their respective flags while the others are their respective current leaders plus ideas currently kicking around for new national flags which would represent cultural reconciliation in the two countries.

Hopefully the images will inspire you to do more great things.

Attached Files:

• Oz.gif
      Oz.gif
      File size:
      292.8 KB
      Views:
    • NZ.gif
      NZ.gif
      File size:
      299.4 KB
      Views:
  5. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

Those civs were already in my " to do " list , among with others from oceania. I'll use the leader's names , it is usefufull , thanks

6. os79

os79 Deity

Hello,

When I downloaded your civs, you warned that I need the traits from your download. Okay, I merged couple of entries and the game loaded fine. But it suddenly said religion is missing. I'm now dl'ing your religion mod.

However, can you do the favor of warning in the first post that some civs require both traits and religion mods. Also, if you have any other reqs, please post them on the first post too.

Thanks!

7. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Prince

:rolleyes:
    Just being curious
    Would you show us your civs list, please.

8. cheesemijit

cheesemijit Prince

I havent tried the eternal gamespeed on previous RoM versions so i don't know if this is just for 2.7. but the eternal gamespeed seems off. on the GEM ( with barbarian civ, revolutions, start as minors) i played as rome and in 1250 AD i was still in the classical age and it was just me and Greece that were non-minor civs. has this always existed or is it just because of the map/settings.

9. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

True , many civs need animism religion too ( shaman ) .I try to kept on mind buildings , units and traits and forgot about religions. As i said before all of my mods are parts of a bigger one i'm using since 2.0 version , reworked and splited now for 2.7 version.It's a huge task and some times i miss points .Sorry
    I'll edit the downloads , of course

10. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

I made eternal speed and gods maker handicap because the rom games were a little too easy for me , even when i used to play snail in deity handicap , while the AI was emperor.Still imade my way to win , so i raised up the difficult and was fine...in previous versions
    In this 2.7 eternal speed , as you said , seems to bee too much , as AI seems to be much harder . I tried a couple games with my handicaps and speed and was impossible to be just in the trail of mediocres civs.Finally , i founded my place in snail speed and immortal handicap for me and the AI
    So , it seems eternal and gods maker are no more than a curiosity in this version

11. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

I would , but should be very long and unexactly as i'm mixing them ( like guarani/brazilian ) while adapting to 2.7 , and also adding civs if i see a big clear spot in the world map
    Anyway , the next continent i'll put my hands on is africa , and those are the civs i had from previous versions
    Saba/Abisinia/Ethiopia
    Cartago/Argelia
    Massalia/Morocco
    Mali
    Kanem bornu (Chad)
    Egypt
    Zulu/South africa
    Nubia
    Mutapa
    Massai
    Those are what i had from previous versions , but haven't really looked yet what to do exactly
    Im open to any kind of suggestions , in fact , i'll be gratefull if someone gives me information about african civs , units or buildings belonging rightfull to those or other civs

12. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Prince

Whoa
    You must be very busy
    I'm not a modder, but if you need some info, maybe i can help you to find it(because i have a lot of time 'til next week) and i'll try my best

13. cheesemijit

cheesemijit Prince

i just like the idea of an extremely long game, it is awesome to be able to have so many technolagies and units and still be able to use them before they are obselete.

14. Royco

Royco Warlord

:confused:
    tried late this night to mod up RoM but get xml errors when loading up the mod all the time. like AAranda_CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml is wrong or something like that, 10-20 times over.
    Obviously they are in a wrong place or im missing something.

Where do these xml files go?
    And the other 2 xml files that in the same folder as custom civilization for ex:

CIV4ModularLoadingControlsSchema.xml
    MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml

:confused:

15. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

just Assets/Modules and replace the files inside for those two provided , that's all

16. Royco

Royco Warlord

This is what I get.

Got that Custom Civilization folder in this folder and CIV4ModularLoadingControlsSchema.xml + MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules

Im clearly misunderstanding something basic here but please an explanation for dummies plz:cry:

17. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

Shrimp is a new bonus in RoM 2.7 version , if you get that error logo is because you are not using RoM 2.7, and the mod is make to work just for that mod in that version

18. Royco

Royco Warlord

:mischief:
    Knew there was something. RiseOfMankind2.62Full
    For some reason I knew I had 2.7, but thats on the home pc not laptop :king:
    thx

Oh and pleae upload these files to thepiratebay.com, TORRENTS FTW, and some legal ones cant hurt either :)

19. Royco

Royco Warlord

Im freakin sry.
    I got so fed up with the Dl times from that atomic ****e site so I tried another link, oh and that was a 2.7 test for 3.17............BULLOCKS!
    Patience is a virtue...it seems.

Omg! :eek:
    Downloaded v2.7 now, got the 3.19 patch tried to load up Rom but nothing happens.
    All other Mods work fine.
    What should I do??
    Havent played RoM for a while now:(

Have it in right place, even tried chaning the civ ini file in my games to load the RoM at start, but get an Send error report.
    Got the civ.exe in compability mode to vista sp2, tried others.
    it runs as amin.
    ah well.....im bummed.

20. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

Have you installed 3.19 patch before RoM 2.7? Because if others mod works and those mods haven't been converted to 3.19 patch , it means you are still using 3.17 , i think