1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AAranda's modcomps for RoM 2.7

Discussion in 'RoM Modmods' started by AAranda, Jun 29, 2009.

1. os79

os79 Deity

Just to be clear, that is all. Not urgent, okay?

I want to be sure you are still working on Buildings mod, right? Because when I downloaded your buildings mod again and installed what buildings I wanted (Watch Tower, Pottery Workshop, Sea Farm, and Tank Factory) I noticed first thing when I get Animal Husbandry tech that I have Dog Kernel in my building queue options! I did not put in Dog kernel (or whatever you call it) because I don't use it anyway so how can it be in the game? Is it because of your AAranda_whatever files? If so, I think you should work on deleting these files and put more specialized AAranda files for each building individually.

I already checked your civ mods and I love how you modularized them. They are just what I 'm looking for in your building mods All files in each building's folder, not outside.

Again, it is not urgent because I can wait for your new building mod if yo are working on it still.

Thank you!

2. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

I'm not working on my buildings mod , i'm done on it
    I don't know what have you deleted or not from the mod , but one thing is for sure all my mods are modularized in the same way , civs and buildings too
    Now , if you want to delete something , you must open AArandas_buildinginfos and AArandas_buildingclassinfo and delete wathever you don't want to use from them . Now , you can erase the folders named as the buildings you wanted to erase , containing just art files , like in all my others mods

3. os79

os79 Deity

Oh these files. Okay, I will go into them too and delete the entries on these buildings I don't want too.

But, fyi, there are some people who are leery of XML editing so you may want ot consider changing the directory system to make it just one delete operation, no xml editing at all. But that is up to you :). I'm fine with what you directed me to do. :goodjob:

4. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

No way , for 2 reasons:
    First , if i do mods like that i'll spend ten times more than now , basically is like making a complete mod for each building/unit /religion /thing which could be ok for little mods , but mines are quite big normally and i have in mind work for a whole year or so . Doing this it can be saling civilization XI and i'm still working on civ IV
    And second , in mods there's always things you like and things you don't , but you must weight if the good points are biggers than the bads , and choose if you want it or not ... or edit the mod to your like . I mean , there a few things i don't like from RoM ( wich i consider a marvel , by the way , like civ 6 or 7 ) , i specially hate the light/normal/heavy swordsman thing , but i'm not going to tell Zappara to make RoM all modular so anyone can choose what must be in or out , because it would be a TITANIC job , and so is for me : splitting every single thing from my buildings mod into modules would mean around 50 work hours , and splitting my religions mod ( wich would be the best , because people like so much some of them but no others ) around 100. I'm not going to use my time on this , my mods are what them are , leave or take it
    I hope no one gets offended by this post , i'm just trying to clarify my position , and , of course , if you or anyone else wants to edit any of my mods in any way and need some help to do so , i'll be glad to help .But by yourselfs , i'm done with wath is done

5. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Hey Aaranda. A quick question. Did you add any gamefont icons for your corporations others than the ones that was already part of 2.7 and if not, can you check with these fonts, to see if your corps/religion icons are right. The reason is I added 10 guilds and changed/added my corporations, so hopfully the gamefont can be part of 2.71. Thanks ;)

6. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

No , haven't add anything to fonts ,and no your fonts are not working , sorry , but everything comes messed up . I know editing fonts is a great pain , sorry again
    Thanks a lot for your work in everybody's benefit

7. cr0ws

cr0ws Prince

Hello Aaranda!

Just applied those patches and the buildings still have goofy names (Watching tower, Dog breeding house, etc ,etc,etc).

K9 is still incorrect terminology, the proper one is Canine Kennel. Or if you prefer to go pure latin a Canis Lupis Kennel. ;)

8. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

Sorry mate , i don't know how it happen . i Have this file in other three places and all of them are fixed , don't know how i managed to upload the old file if i'm not using it from long. But obviously i did
    It's fixed now , but you have to download it again ... the religions buildings are not typed in Capitals , i never changed thid

9. cr0ws

cr0ws Prince

Alright everything looks good now, Thank You!

BTW, are you planning to update your units with correct names?

10. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

Do you meannames with starting words in Capital or changing names ?
    If is just the capital thing , no. If is a matter of incorrects names i'll be glad to update just let me know my mistakes and show me the correct name

11. cr0ws

cr0ws Prince

I mostly meant Capitals, but now that you mention the case of unit names I do think a Bard instead of Story Teller makes more sense. But that's okay capitals are no problem I've already fixed that myself, I was just wondering is all.

12. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Hey Aaranda

I finally found the reason why the original gamefont didnt work for your corporations.

The Grid is broken 4 places between the paws and the mask. Propably in the alpha channel as well. I'll fix it and post a new gamefont in the 2.7 Feedback/bug thread, but you'll have to change the TGAindex for your corporations to the standard (zappara) gamefont. That way it'll be modular again ;)

13. Nekator

Nekator Master of Desaster

Hi, just a quick question to your pirate civ. I really like them, but why give them like 4 attributes.. doesn´t that make them a bit unbalanced to the rest?

14. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

Yes , the leader is overpowered
    In my civs mods , all leaders have 3 or 4 traits , usually just 3 , and when they have 4 , one of the traits is very weak and normally related to a very specific terrain
    But in this case the terrain is sea and the others 3 traits are strong too . I let it be because it shows perfectly a pirate personality : maritime , aggressive , militaristic and greedy ; and because i always place pirate civ in a quite bad starting position : a little island , so the traits balance the bad start
    Anyway , if they are placed normally i understand it's to powerfull . You can delete some traits opening the leaderheadinfo file inside your pirate civ , if you want

15. Nekator

Nekator Master of Desaster

Alright, thank you for the info - and keep up the great work :)

16. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

I'm going to update all my civs mods , if i'm good enough , adding a couple of new concepts , and i will appreciate any help as those concepts are going to be reffered to civs history and , even when i think i know a little about it , my mind is quite short in some , or many , of them

The first concept is UNIQUE WONDERS , meaning that i'm planning to replace some of the existing wonders or national wonders for others representatives of the civs in matter , always if the unique wonder is well known and important :
    CANADA ----------- CN TOWER / NATIONAL TV STATION
    USA --------------- YELLOWSTONE PARK / NATIONAL PARK
    MEXICO ----------- CASAS GRANDES / MOHENJO DARO
    I don't want every civ to have one , just want to show in the game more diversity adding things important enough ... so if any of you want toadd something in both americas , now is the time

The second concept is UNIQUE HEROES , even when "heroes" should't be the correct word , meaning that i 'll add special units representing each civs heroes , and working as wonders : just can be builded once . You could attach a great general to them as well :
    GREECE ------------ ACHILLES / LIGHT SWORDSMAN
    PORTUGAL --------- VIRIATO /SWORDSMAN
    VIKINGS ----------- ERIK THE RED / DRAKKAR
    ITALY ------------- MARCO POLO / TRADE CARAVAN
    SPAIN ------------- HERNAN CORTES / CONQUISTADOR
    SPAIN ------------- LUIS DAOIZ / CANNON
    I hope i managed to express my idea , and i hope you like it and want to help

17. Civ Fuehrer

Civ Fuehrer Eat, Sleep, Mod

just fyi, compatibility patch made for your religions mod and my ANM by i_diavolorosso's request

18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There are mods for both these concepts on the mod components forum except I think the heros were not tied to a civ but were like a great wonder and you raced to see if you could build the hero first. Will you be simulating the down side of having heros? You know less beer available :)
    links: BTS Modular Unique National Wonders and BTS Heroes (Wonder Units)

19. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

Thanks. About unique wonders , yes , that's exactly what i'm thinking , but the wonders listed are all added by Zappara or by me in my buildings mod
    About heros , i want to tie them to their national civ giving them between 5-8 promotions , and i would like to add at least 1 per civ

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Sounds like the special UU some mods have where you get to have just one - I think the Egyptians had a "Tutmoses III" unit which was a special chariot unit with 5 promotions. The Egyptians got special chariots and this "hero" unit with charioty.