1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AAranda's modcomps for RoM 2.7

Discussion in 'RoM Modmods' started by AAranda, Jun 29, 2009.

1. dr.Hyde

dr.Hyde Chieftain

Are these mods compatible with newer 2.71 RoM version?

2. MightyDragon

MightyDragon Chieftain

hi.. no, these mods, exept the religion mod, are not compatible with RoM 2.71. I tried it out... hope aaranda will update his mods:(

3. tyranny12

tyranny12 Chieftain

They require some changes yes, but its not to hard to hack together a modification to make those you like compatible. Diff tools are required, but you can find free ones for Windows (CSDiff is the one I used in this case.)

4. MightyDragon

MightyDragon Chieftain

hmm i see... well, i´m no modder but i believe aaranda will have a look..i´m hopefully :thumbsup:

5. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

I'll start uploading new versions soon , everything should be updated by wednesday , i think

6. Sarkyn

Sarkyn Warlord

One quick question, I like *some* of your units, but not all.

Is there an easy way to include each of your units in it's own folder, so that I can take the ones I like without the others?

When I open the zip, the ones without custom art (I think) don't have their own folder, so I can't take them.

I ask because I think the game dearly needs a RAM unit early in the game, pre-catapult, but I don't like unit clutter, so I've no real desire to take the others.

Let me know if that's at all possible, I think it's important for mods to be granular, particularly with respect to modmod globalisation on the horizon...

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

AAranda, attached is the python change needed for your 2.71 version.

8. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

It is the same than 2.7 version , isn't it?
    Thanks a lot

9. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

The easiest way is editing unitinfos file : just open it and delete every unit but the ram

I've answered this a lot of times . I know everybody likes things from modmods and don't like others , but my mods are to big to be build that way , i've uploaded around 400 or 450 buildings/units/corps/religions/thing and it wouldn't be possible doing a mod for every single thing . It is like ask zappara to make RoM modular because , even when this is a marvel , it have things i don't like much and , i suppose , it counts for everyone .

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The actual code change needed was the same but since Zapara changed a great deal of code elsewhere I thought I would do it anyway. I have also decided to give up on the semi-modular enslavement, based on zEnslavement, and just put the code in cveventmanager. Zebra9 is apparently updating his code so there is no need for me to do it.

11. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

OK , so i can just replace the file provided for the one in RoM . Tell me about what were you thinking to do with zEnslavement mod and what is zebra9 doing , please . I founded this mod vry original and interesting , and i was thinking to work on it as well , but i quit quickly : you know python and me are not best friends

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Zebra9 is getting the modular Python stuff up to date and converting some of his mods to that format. I was looking at using zEnslavement to bring back the pirate style functions ie a barbarian pirate may capture and wooden ship turning it into another pirate ship. Player pirate ships may capture any wooded ship and get a prize ship which can be upgraded to a pirate, sold for gold or used for hammers towards a cities building. Similarly, I was thinking about capturing barbarian animals which could be used to build special stuff in a city eg wolves build kennels, leopards=cheata=jaguar provide ability to build jaguar warrior or provides robes for Amen-Ra temples and so on.

13. Sarkyn

Sarkyn Warlord

Thank you, I will do that.

Everyone makes the mod they want to play. That is how it is, and that is how it should be.

What I will say is that your mods are unique in that each one is not a single entity. It's a collection of a whole bunch of things, loosely grouped by type. So your "Units" mod adds 8 units, not just 1.

Your modmod's are *not* modmods. They're modmod collections already.

If you did those 8 units as 8 modmod's each of which was individually includable (or not), it would be more work, but it would also mean that you could make 8 become 9 really easily, or 10, or 12.

I think you'd find it'd make your work of expanding it for yourself easier :) As well as giving the end user more choice.

14. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

I'm totally agree with that , always helping with those who want to vary something from my mods and don't know how , like i did for you . All i'm saying is that mods are what they are and if you , or anyone else , want a different thing , you can do it ... by yourself , i don't mind to help , but by yourself

That's what you think
    Maybe you can see it like that about the units mod ,wich is wrong , but do you really think religions mod , corporation or even buildings mod is a collection mod made by things loosely grouped?

Following this kind of thinking you can , easily , split RoM in 2369 mods ... and all will be still playing 1.0 version , of course
    And my corporations mod in about 55 single mods , easily
    And my religions mod in 150 , easily

It's not easier at all
    It multiplies the effort by the number of things you are going to include
    What is easier is that you try the mod , if the things added likes you more than dislike you use the mod and just don't build what you don't like , as RoM as more things to build than time to do so
    That's the easier way
    In your way , ME would expend about 3 months of MY time just to get what ? The same that's already done ... and then you can choose easier what is already easy enough now to choose

I hope i haven't sound to rude , just wanted to be clear . And , as i said before , my mods are what them are , and are good and easy enough .
    If you like , take it
    If you don't like , don't take it
    And if you want to modify them , do it .... i'll help you if need me

15. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

I hope these gamefonts work ;) I tested your icons with my guilds (replacing tgaindex from 13 to 25) and they seemed to work. As I mentioned the 7th extra corp (tgaindex 13) in 2.62 wouldnt work when I made my corporations originally (thats why I replaced standard ethanol with the AIM corporation in 2.62). Somehow that "ghost" still haunts in the 2.7 WoC ;) So I moved corp 7 and 8 (tgaindex (13-14) to another place. Your icons will still start at tgaindex 15.

New Gamefonts

16. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Nevermind the post above. It seems like the problem is the icons are not "in order"
    They have to be on a straight line, which means that I have to do a LOT of work on those damn fonts.... I'll put yours first, then my corps and then my guilds. That should finally solve the problem :)

17. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

Really? The order matters ? Why?
    What a problem about a suposed easy thing!

18. MightyDragon

MightyDragon Chieftain

hi aaranda, i´m afraid, but the buildings 2.71 download seems to be broken... I tried it with 7zip and WinRar, but there are always errors... maybe you can have a look at it?

thx for your amazing work :thumbsup:

19. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

Going to sleep . I'll check all files from mediafire tomorrow and upload them again if them are wrong , wich is possible as i remember i compress them with 7zip and 7zip files most of the times are corrupted while uploading to mediafire ... oooooooooh , how i could forget?
    I'll redo tomorrow eith WinRar , sorry

20. AAranda

AAranda Warlord

Fixed . It is reuploaded and checked