Airship: the moost ridiculous unit in the game?

Not true: submersible vehicles saw active duty (even if not spectacularly successful duty) during the American Civil War. Though you are correct about the idea not being original to Verne: I've seen both Greek and Danish (Viking, actually) historical documents putting forward the idea, and da Vinci's Codices have some fairly detailed and forward-thinking plans - some of which were used as the basis for those Civil War subs.
The American Revolutionary War even had some form of submersible, though not really all that recognizeable as a submarine, and even less successful then the Civil War subs (the Hunley did manage to sink an enemy ship... along with itself).

Yeah, airships are pretty annoying at times... but what annoys me the most is still the classic complaint about civ: old units killing modern ones.

Seriously, when a stack of 20 macemen and tribuchets take out even 3 machine gun men I just want to scream :mad: They should mow them down before they even get within a square of my city

Seriously, when a stack of 20 macemen and tribuchets take out even 3 machine gun men I just want to scream :mad: They should mow them down before they even get within a square of my city
Maybe the MG crews ran out of ammo... either that, or their barrels over-heated and warped, making them useless... then the macemen closed in.

Still trying to figure out why I lost my battleship to spearmen in Civ1 though.

Top Bottom