Ambrox Classical Age Units

I've just released a 12 WarElephants package

I divided these units by ethnic groups instead of by civs as usual: european, greek-roman, mid-east, african and, specifically, carthaginian with Hannibal hero. I made 6 models working with vanilla elephant animations and additional 6 models working with carthage elephant animations.

Nice, one small observation though, you included the

Art/Units/WarElephant_South_America/WarElephant.kfm

animations with the regular elephant, not

Art/Units/WarElephant/WarElephant.kfm

The filenames are identical, the files are not though.

So, is the south american actually the right animation, or is it still the vanilla one ?

Nice, one small observation though, you included the

Art/Units/WarElephant_South_America/WarElephant.kfm

animations with the regular elephant, not

Art/Units/WarElephant/WarElephant.kfm

The filenames are identical, the files are not though.

So, is the south american actually the right animation, or is it still the vanilla one ?

The elephant\anim\warelephant.kfm included in the package is the vanilla one.
Firaxis released 2 different warelephants: 1 into Civ4 vanilla, 1 into BTS (they are identical in nifscope, although having different nif structures). I took the kfm and anims from the Civ4 vanilla model. I'm just curious to know if the vanilla kfm is the same as BTS south_america, and may be it is true.

hey ambrox, now you are finished with all ancient units. and they are all perfect, so your are unemployed now - but i believe retirement isnt an option for a design-artist like you, right?

Thanks for this exelent Elephants!

hey ambrox, now you are finished with all ancient units. and they are all perfect, so your are unemployed now - but i believe retirement isnt an option for a design-artist like you, right?

A modder's work is never done.

The elephant\anim\warelephant.kfm included in the package is the vanilla one.
Firaxis released 2 different warelephants: 1 into Civ4 vanilla, 1 into BTS (they are identical in nifscope, although having different nif structures). I took the kfm and anims from the Civ4 vanilla model. I'm just curious to know if the vanilla kfm is the same as BTS south_america, and may be it is true.

Ah, ok, a binary comparison said the two (your animations and the south american ones) are identical. The 'vanilla BtS' elefant uses different animations though (again, on a binary comparison level).

Is there no need for medieval ones ? ;)

I still have further units to do.
I'm working on a set of armored horse archers (see thumb in post #1); after that I've planned a limited pool of heavy cavalry, and two limited set of pre-medieval infantry, just to complete the TAM military pool

I still have further units to do.
I'm working on a set of armored horse archers (see thumb in post #1); after that I've planned a limited pool of heavy cavalry, and two limited set of pre-medieval infantry, just to complete the TAM military pool

I love your unit sets and I'm really happy to hear there are more to come! :D

I've just released a 25 Heavy Horse Archers set.

This set reproduces a late version of horse archers, covering the timeline between Roman Imperial Age and Barbarian Invasions.
There are 8 different kind of archers upon 12 different painted horses, using light and dark brown weapons. I have chosen the vanilla horsearcher nif model because it has proper animations for the quiver on the saddle, both for close and distant combat.

Go to first post to download it. ;)

Spoiler :

A request: can you make the "overview" shots (where you display all the units) higher quality? It's a really nice way to quickly scan the units, but the current size/quality doesn't really do your units justice.

A request: can you make the "overview" shots (where you display all the units) higher quality? It's a really nice way to quickly scan the units, but the current size/quality doesn't really do your units justice.

Usually I trim shots to 800 pixel to make them compatible with standard resolution. Next time I'll rise it to 1024, although I'll take a break before my next unit release (mainly because I've no idea about how to design imperial age units for civs that historically had disapperared - may be I'll collect around these units and I'll set them based on ethnic group instead of single civ, like I did for elephants)

Well, depending on the type of unit I don't know if I'd go with the ethnic approach. Unless you add more ethnic groups, but even then I'd prefer distinct units for each civ. Especially if it is something like a horseman or infantry.

You can also just use different textures for each civ-specific unit, although it'd be kind of cheap.

Nice units, anyhow.

As previously said in your download page : Bravo for the carriages !!! they bring something original and different and of course, with some re-texture here and there a great potential to diversity !

Wow ... you become great with 3D stuff ! :D

you become great with 3D stuff ! :D

Not enough, imo.
I simply joined some pieces and made some adjustments on the carriages. Most of the work has been to fix elephant nifs in order to import them into blender correctly (although blender consolle still gives some warnings when loading).

oh, i must have missed your new release: the horse archer are very very good work, thanks!

i have one wish for a warelephant. i always have on my mind some indian elephant with warpaint, like in the hollywood film alexander. unfortunately i lent my dvd out so i cant deal with a screenshot.

Top Bottom