America: Write Your Own History

Andrew Jackson
Prepare for war against Britain (again). I would be in favour of colony if it was near an oil resource.

William H. Crawford

Let's end Slavery and increase funds to 1000! (minimum for Inflation Random Event, if it's present in DoC, and if it follows the same rules as the original)

BTW did you convince Brazil to become a Republic, or it did it for itself as early as 1828?

Good point about the inflation random event. I don't know if it's still around. If he's elected, I'll hold a mini election to see what the minimum balance should be. He wants to raise it in general, it doesn't -have- to be 500. Crawford wants to maintain it. Jackson doesn't give a damn about that smart-pants stuff.

Brazil became a republic without interference.

Prepare for war against Britain (again). I would be in favour of colony if it was near an oil resource.

I think West Australia has an oil resource, yes.

Andrew Jackson who is twice in favor of slavery.

Hah! Oh, sorry. People must think that Jackson has some nervous tick now. It fits his personality, though.

Wow, this is such a close election...

By the way, I should note that Crawford is endorsed by Thomas Jefferson. However, Jefferson also endorses Jackson's aims to lessen corporate and aristocratic influence. Adams says Jefferson's opinion of Jackson is a symptom of senility. Jefferson, in 1808, praised John Q. Adam's role in foreign diplomacy under his father's administration. Adams' political party tries to dismiss Jackson as unfit for president; portraying him as a mere military chieftain. Jackson wants to cycle politicians so that politicians can't network so much that they become overly corrupt. Unlike Jefferson, Jackson does not care about the education of a politician.

Just some insight on their personalities which for the most part don't affect gameplay, but do affect how I roleplay for them. For the most part, I've had rather calm politicians win so my writing has been pretty neutral. Don't make that a reason to vote in some ding dong loudmouth, though.

Just so happens that he was my favorite president due to his Mole People Mission.

Interesting stuff! Wasn't on his wikipedia page. Very nice read.

Adams

Just so happens that he was my favorite president due to his Mole People Mission...

Crawford
Too bad he didn't believed in the mole people.

Crawford.

Wow! What a surprising turn of events. In the very last hours of the election, supporters of President Crawford storm the polls and re-elect him president! John Q. Adams retires in political disgrace, never amounting to the legacy his four term father did. Meanwhile, the murder of an ex-mason sparks the foundation of the Anti-Masonic Party, which wishes to oust all Masons in power.

Results
Adams 4 (25%)
Jackson 3 (18.75%)
Crawford 9 (56.25%)

William H. Crawford's Second Term: 1828-1832

With the declaration of war against Portugal for the security of Brazil in South America, Crawford declares war with Portugal. The war was clean, with no ships being lost in the four years. The Portuguese, however, would lose all their fishing industries and 4 carracks.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Brazil was quickly united without any mainland Portuguese reinforcements. In fact, Brazil even began invasion of their African colonies.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Meanwhile, Crawford negotiated with Argentina for them to open up their ports for trade for only 300 gold.
Spoiler :

He also negotiated with England to sell Quebec copper to them for an extravagant price (thus Crawford is solidified in American history as one of the best diplomats)
Spoiler :

Crawford sent settlers (which consisted of military, traders, merchants, agrarians, and freed slaves) to South Africa, with plans to quickly invade Cape Town when war is declared on Britain again. There has been discussion of also taking Portuguese colonies and Madagascar.
Spoiler :

In 1831, France sent the United States the Statue of Liberty for help in the Napoleonic Wars and the War of 1812.
Spoiler :

Domestically, Crawford's second term was very calm. He followed the minimum state treasury, and invested in libraries and observatories. Meanwhile, workers on the west coast are working vigilantly to make that side of the Rocky Mountains as productive as the other side.

Election of 1832

Old Republican Party
William H. Crawford, Age 60, President. Former Secretary of Treasury, Ambassador to France, and Georgia senator. Wants to continue his policies and focus on domestic stimulus of science and commerce. In favor of slavery. Wants to extend blockade of Portugal and capture of their African colonies.
Spoiler :

Democratic Party
Andrew Jackson, Age 65, Tennessee governor and military general. Wants to reach out to the common people. Wants to fight against corruption. Wants to war Spain for Cuba and southern Florida. In favor of slavery. Wants to focus on building military or production. Did not care about education, but was educated himself. Believes the common man was the best way to ensure honesty and ethics in office. Wants to extend war with Portugal and capture their African colonies.
Spoiler :

National Republican Party

Henry Clay, Age 55, Kentucky Senator and Representative. Does not want to extend war with Portugal, but instead prepare for the inevitable war with Britain through planned embargoes and units in position to strike. Wants a domestic policy of 50% military production and 50% science investment. Wants to fund colonization of west Australia. Wants to raise minimum state funds to 500-1000 gold.
Spoiler :

Anti-Masonic Party

William Wirt, Age 59, Author, Lawyer, and Attorney General. Invented the party platform and the party convention. His party believes that Masons are taking over key positions to enslave non-Masons, and thus the Masons must be purged for the good of the common people. Wants to declare war on Native Americans and thus give permission for their genocide. Believes in immediate peace with Portugal. Wants to focus 50% on commerce and 50% on colonization of Australia and Oceania.
Spoiler :

Ballot:
Crawford 2
Jackson 7
Clay 1
Wirt 0

Top Bottom