American Respect....

Do you feel America is more/less respected today than a couple years ago?

• Total voters
I don't trust Obama one bit, though.

I'll admit the idea of putting a black man in the top job is clever.
No-one will dare castigate him, as that would be RACIST...EEK!

A sly move by the shadow masters...

...shadow masters?

Really?

Its clear that Joe Biden is the real puppetmaster.

Obama is getting what he deserves after he created all that "hope" hype. I am surprised that the Americans are surprised that he didn't solve all of America's problems by simply entering the Oval Office and swinging a magic wand.

The Lizards come from the Nazi Moon base not the Earth's core.

Depends on the lizards. Some come from the Draconis star system. Others from the lower 5th dimension.
Many secret masters of the Vrill come in saucers from huge holes in the polar regions.

See Glenn Beck for more details on this evilness...

Obama is getting what he deserves after he created all that "hope" hype. I am surprised that the Americans are surprised that he didn't solve all of America's problems by simply entering the Oval Office and swinging a magic wand.

The masons have not gave him access to the magic artifacts yet.

Once he sacrifices enough humans he might be allowed...

:D

I'd say slightly less panicky about y'all bringing the world down since realizing your flaws is the first step to bettering yourself and some do that again.

so mark me down as non-american, slicktly less panicky. or more respect according to the poll.

Its more liked, but less respected. Sorry dudes but the economy matters and are isn't doing well right now.

I actually think its a pretty stupid story and poll.

How can one possibly gauge how Americans are "respected" abroad unless you've, um, been there?

So much for "American exceptionalism". We're now reduced to a nation of self-centered outer-directed whiners who worry about how much someone in Iceland or Thailand cares about them. Jeebus Christo.

I dont necessarily disagree with you about 'being there', but we do live in a modern age where the media of those other countries (not to mention ours) is readily had via the internet. Also, we have a wide choice in world media outlets that also run stories about foreign countries, so one could certainly get a flavor of the taste of that opinion at the very least.

As to your other comments. Americans have forever been 'self-centered' but I am not so sure to the extent of how much they care what a resident of Iceland thinks about them. I am sure there are some lib types that absolutely wring their hands over it though (and in all fairness, maybe a few conservatives....maybe).

I will give that we arent our grandfathers generation equivalent thats for sure.

Its clear that Joe Biden is the real puppetmaster.

Now THAT is an extremely frightening thought.

Its more liked, but less respected. Sorry dudes but the economy matters and are isn't doing well right now.

And here I think Happy knocks it out of the park. There is definitely a difference in being liked....and being respected. Excellent point. :goodjob:

It's actually kinda hard to say. The American government is way more respected now, for obvious reasons, but America as a whole is perhaps less respected, given the bickering over something the rest of the world considers completely basic and obvious. But I guess overall, the government is the representative of the country, so I'd have to say that respect for America is higher.

2 years, hmmm? That would be before it became obvious that Bush and the Republicommies collapsed global capitalism. Did the poll correct for that?

Mobby just trying to fish for people around the world thinking America is less respected under Obama than Bush.

He must have some fine acid.

Top Bottom