An Atlas of Rhye's World

That's because pre-IE7, IE didn't support alpha-channel PNGs :mad: ; now they only have to fix the horrendous CSS' support.

I made some testing:
IE6: does NOT work (no overlay "menu", just map)
Opera 9.0: works fine
FireFox: works, but takes huge memory
NetFront 3.4: works very fine (by far the faster on a PC) *

I don't think there is need to test on other browsers

*NetFront Browser, in various releases, is currently "mounted" on Sony PSP, Nintendo GameCube, 280million mobile phones, and other internet enabled devices.
You can download it for free for PocketPC and Windows Mobile.

And here we go. The new base map version W.132.

Compressed from 2.6Mb down to 500Kb

Attachments

• Rhye's_Atlas_W132.jpg
    Rhye's_Atlas_W132.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 546
I'l swap in Lord Oden's new map but I can't fix the overlays for now (school work etc. unfortunately).

(Which makes the entire thing almost worse than useless for the time being...)

Edit: Didn't realise that the dimensions had changed. It's not actually like I was actually really going to do coursework anyway, so I might fix up the areas if I'm going to have resize anyway. If anyone wants to tell me everything that's currently wrong as regards W1.32, that'd be nice.

This map is nicely done and very useful. Is there an update for BTS?

I meant, with the spawn areas of the new BTS Civs.

Also another overlay for cotinental borders would be nice, just for the per continent wonders and the english uhv

Rhye or someone who's been into the dll might need to give a little help on the continent part. I'm pretty sure it's not in any of the python files, though it may be in one of the XMLs. I haven't bothered to check, though my current game does have me wondering.

I've been trying to get around to making an update for the atlas, but the tough part is that the base map needs an update. The overlays are pretty easy, but the base requires a fair amount of tedium where I'd rather spend the time playing.

Has anyone created a map that includes the historical city names programmed into R&F?

I find that Saving, Settling, and Reloading takes too long, but I'm curious.

Also, maps showing the regions for each UHV would be really handy; everyone seems to have questions about what constitutes different regions and so forth.

Top Bottom