AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I just loaded the last save from yesterday (it's here) and all the bug options were back to default, for some reason. I did not play other mods or do anything to the files in the meantime.

Also, although I uncheck the "field of view" option in the bug options, the fov bar still remains visible.

Rev 713.

UPDATE The next day, the same save file loads bug options correctly. No idea what's going on.

Rezca can correct me if I am wrong, but the problem Rezca is having is that Zone of Control is blocking HIS units, when HE OWNS the city that is generating the zone of control. It should only affect enemy units.

I've always doubted it was meant to work like that and I've pointed it out last month. ;) Anyway I'm still not sure. It's true that enemy units can't access easily a city with a moat, the very same moat also hinders units coming out of the city as well. So I've never worried particularly about this problem. But if you think it's wrong, we should correct it blocking enemy units only.

Disagree with changeing it to enimies only where the moat is concerned, as IT should hinder defender as well as attacker. Realisticly, how is a defender going to counter attack across a moat if the draw bridge is up?

Historicly, castle warfare was a witch. This is where your sappers and spies came into play in order to bypass the ZOC. Use your spies to enter the city and drop the draw bridge, or use sappers to collapse a section of the moat. Just my 2:gold:.

On a related topic concerning ZOC, I read your post from your link 45 concerning ZOC and tile radius.
I could actually see a 3 tile radius in ocean squares given to Modern Era carriers. 2 tile rad given to earlier era units if they had radar/flight (for land based air), and 1 tile for pre-industrial. As for land units, 1 tile ZOC only for pre-industrial units unitl the appropriate tech/era happens in order to change the radius.
The only potential issue I see that could be a problem is terrain, I.E. mountains for land units and islands for sea. Granted, satellites can resolve this, but before sats, radar can still be blocked by land masses, and earlier tech still leaves a potential opening for enemy units to be able to slip past defenders.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13233632 said:
I've always doubted it was meant to work like that and I've pointed it out last month. ;) Anyway I'm still not sure. It's true that enemy units can't access easily a city with a moat, the very same moat also hinders units coming out of the city as well. So I've never worried particularly about this problem. But if you think it's wrong, we should correct it blocking enemy units only.

The code already applies to only units whose team is "at war" with the owner of the city. This has been in the code since day 1. I know it worked back when I wrote it, which is why I blame the caching.

The code already applies to only units whose team is "at war" with the owner of the city. This has been in the code since day 1. I know it worked back when I wrote it, which is why I blame the caching.

It IS the caching, which we had a discussion with you about in the C2C forum. Oh... that reminds me of another bugfix to post there...

Disagree with changeing it to enimies only where the moat is concerned, as IT should hinder defender as well as attacker. Realisticly, how is a defender going to counter attack across a moat if the draw bridge is up?

Historicly, castle warfare was a witch. This is where your sappers and spies came into play in order to bypass the ZOC. Use your spies to enter the city and drop the draw bridge, or use sappers to collapse a section of the moat. Just my 2:gold:.

Well yeah but couldn't your troops just lower this theoretical bridge down to let their troops out on your turn, then raise it back up? I couldn't get onto the tiles at all - even when no enemies were on the given tile.

In the first time I ran across this, my troops couldn't leave the city except for one tile, but the former owner of the city (Siam) was still romping around on every tile around it except that one tile that I could leave out of. Then a few dozen turns later that ZoC just... Vanished. The other city I had captured was still exerting that zone, and wouldn't allow my own units out onto the surrounding tiles even when there were no enemy units in sight.

I just don't understand how Zones of Control work at all. How you get around them, how they work, what they even are. All I know is that every time I see them it results in a lot of frustration. Like losing a tank to a spearman kind of frustration :spear:
(Or a frigate to an unpromoted War Galley at 98.7% odds, which is less common but has happened to me before.)

If I understood this feature better, maybe it'd be far less frustrating. Right now though it's nothing but confusion heh.

Zone of Control is a really simple feature. Say an enemy city exerts a zone of control. This means when your units move into its zone of control, they can no longer move freely. Either they can attack the city, or retreat. Lateral movement is not allowed.

The Zone of Control is always 1 tile in radius. It only applies to Enemies (units actively at war).

The idea is that strong units/cities are so strong that once you are close you have to fight or leave. You can't circle around them, they can block you.

OK, seems I can't give you a savegame, because the savegame is 4.7mb, and the maximum permitted size here is 2mb.

Unless there's somewhere else I can put it?

So, at this point, I don't know whether to start a new game only to have it crash again when I'm doing really well, or just forget it.

OK, seems I can't give you a savegame, because the savegame is 4.7mb, and the maximum permitted size here is 2mb.

Unless there's somewhere else I can put it?

So, at this point, I don't know whether to start a new game only to have it crash again when I'm doing really well, or just forget it.

zip it or use some other compression. Compressed files are allowed up to 10 mb

Still have problem with A.I. over paying for workers.

Isobel is friendly with me, but this is WAY 2 FRIENDLY.

You could try declining and then re-offering a worker to them. That sometimes alters what they're willing to pay.

Hi.

Just discovered Nanotechnology - but option to build tunnels is not available.
Have Nanotubes resource - still no tunnels option.
Uncheck "Hide Obsolete Worker Actions" - tunnels suddenly available.

Perhaps when tunnels were moved, the obsolete tech' wasn't updated?

Cheers.

Hi.

Just discovered Nanotechnology - but option to build tunnels is not available.
Have Nanotubes resource - still no tunnels option.
Uncheck "Hide Obsolete Worker Actions" - tunnels suddenly available.

Perhaps when tunnels were moved, the obsolete tech' wasn't updated?

Cheers.

There's actually no obsolete tech, I'll have to check where the problem is.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13234407 said:
There's actually no obsolete tech, I'll have to check where the problem is.

If workers' transport route construction buttons have no obsolete tech', how does the code determine when to hide a particular button from the list?

What was always showing for the modern workboats was a 'jumpplane' (or something like that which I've never ever discovered) button, "greyed"-out of course since I didn't have the pre-requisite tech's. I though not-yet-discovered actions aren't normally shown at all.

Second, entirely unrelated 'bug'(?): is the Info' Net limited in how many you can build? Because I found no mention of that anywhere. When I told all my cities to build Info' Nets, only a few cities did so, and those weren't the cities which I'd have used had I known about the limit to start with. Perhaps the Civilopedia should mention that, or the descriptive text (as is noted for all National Wonders, "XX available" when you mouse over it).

Third issue: several missions an aircraft can undertake use the same keyboard shortcut. I consider this a bug.

I'm really enjoying the modern era warfare. I've never made it this far with AND before. Q: can Panzers inherently use enemy roads/rails? Several enemy Panzers made a deep incursion into my territory, at least six squares, along roads, but they didn't appear to have the commando promotion (nor Morale, Speed, or other such speed-increasing ones). I found that odd.

:) Cheers.

I think I found a divide-by-zero error. I was playing in my experimental folder -- it's called Rise of Mankind - V Work -- and has the Megapack installed; my third city (Lezhe) is showing an absolutely horrendous amount of turns needed to build Fire Pit and the mod freezes solid if I try to go into the city. I don't know if anyone else can get it to work without the Megapack installed.

Right. Here's the compressed savegame. I assume it's the latest AND, I downloaded it no more than two weeks ago.

I've tried your save and I can go on playing with the latest revision. The bug you've encoutered was probably solved in the last 2 weeks (you were playing with rev703, we're currently at rev715 and I'll upload rev716 later). Update your mod to the latest revision and you'll be able to play on. :)

Heya. I have a rev710 game in progress that I just got a slinger on. The coloration looks off compared to my other units (or maybe my slingers just like to feel pretty?)

Attachments

• England Slings rev710.jpg
    England Slings rev710.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 97
Heya. I have a rev710 game in progress that I just got a slinger on. The coloration looks off compared to my other units (or maybe my slingers just like to feel pretty?)

:lol: wow, never saw them like that; I saw totally white (no textures) slingers but I was missing that.

Top Bottom