Ank09 - DI1 Redux - 3CC AW

But it's on PTW... :hmm:

Sir Bugsy - on deck
SesnOfWthr
Bede
Cuivienen
Ankka - got it

REMEMBER: 24h to post a "got it", total 48 to post turnlog and save.

750BC [Preturn]: Check our situation...

Bede said both Beijing and Shanghai are 7, but only Shanghai is. :hmm:

Press enter, all looks ok.

730BC [1]: Vet sword kills Russian archer near Smolensk, the stack is ready to attack next turn.

MM Beijing to grow in 2, I thikn it should build the sword then too.

IBT: Sword kills barb horse.

Shanghai sword > sword.

710BC [2]: Siege of Smolensk:

Vet sword attacks reg spear, loses taking off 1 hp.
et sword attacks reg spear, wins, losing 2 hp.
Vet sword attacks 2-hp spear, wins unscratched and promotes to elite and razes Smolensk.

Vet archer kills a reg archer near the ruins of Smolensk.

Death of Russia - stack #2 moves towards Kiev.

IBT: I counted right - Beijing grows and builds the sword on the same turn. :) Starts another one.

690BC [3]: Beijing is making 11 shields, a useless number, so I mm it to be the scientist town and Shanghai will gat up to 8spt.

Game forest chopped, granary in Canton in 1. Start irrigating the game.

Vet sword kills a barb, no promotion.

IBT: Vet warrior kills a barb.

Canton granary > sword.

670BC [4]: Siege of Kiev:

Vet sword attacks reg spear, is redlined but wins.
Vet sword attacks reg spear, redlines the spear but loses.
Vet sword attacks 1-hp spear, kills it and promotes to elite + razes the town.

650BC [5]: Colony on ivory is built.

Disperse a barb camp.

IBT: Beijing sword > sword.
Shanghai sword > sword.

630BC [6] - 610BC [7]: Son of Hawkeye moves towards home, Russian stacks heal and approack next city.

590BC [8]: Vet sword disperses barb camp.

IBT: Some French units appear into view.

Beijing sword > sword.

570BC [9]: Vet sword kills Russian horse, promotes to elite.

The Eastern Russian stack is at the gates of Moscow.

Vet srcher kills barb warrior, vet sword kills barb horse, promotes to elite.

IBT: Shanghai sword > sword.
Canton sword > sword.

550BC [10]: Vet sword kills French reg archer.
Elite archer kills elite warrior.

Build furs colony.

Siege of Moscow:

Vet sword attacks reg spear, wins losing 1 hp.
Vet sword attacks reg spear, loses without making damage.
Vet sword attacks reg spear, loses.

Vet archer loses when attacking Russian archer, elite sword finishes it up.

Cuivienen
Ankka

REMEMBER: 24h to post a "got it", total 48 to post turnlog and save.

I've got it. I suddenly have three on my plate, so I might need a full 48.

I have to take a break from the SGOTM.

Pre-flight – 550 BC – This game is looking great. Much different than the SGOTM :rolleyes: Moscow looks like it is in trouble. Cities are managed nicely.

Both Cathy and Joan have contact with the Mongols, but no one else.

IBT – Lose an archer outside Moscow. Paris builds the Pyramids.

1. 530 BC – Kill a spear inside Moscow. Son of Hawkeye is back safely. (1-1)

IBT – Beijing: sword=>worker

2. 510 BC – Either Joanie or Cathy have sold our contact to the Mongols, who in turn sold contact to the Romans.

Dial up Temujin. He has contact with the Persians and the Indians. I sell our WM for HBR, Myst & 38G. Then buy writing for 74G. He also has Philo, CoL, & MM but I can’t buy any of them. Hang up and declare war.

Dial up Caesar, Sell him our WM for philosophy & 7G. Declare war on Rome. Start research on Literature. Maybe we can get the GL.

Kill another spear defending Moscow. The main force arrives for the assault. (2-1)

IBT – Joanie wants to talk. An intel check, she has four cities, is up CoL and MM.
Beijing: worker=>horse
Shanghai: sword=>horse

3. 490 BC – Kill a wandering Russian Archer.

@ Moscow lose one sword killing the two defenders. Keep the city long enough to build an army then abandon it. Cathy’s now down to three cities. (5-1)

4. 470 BC – Get 25G from some local yokels. Heal and maneuver.

IBT – Our archer kills a French archer.
Canton: sword=>sword

5. 450 BC – Kill a wandering French spear. A stack moves next to Tours. (7-1)

IBT – Beijing, Shanghai: Horse=>horse

6. 430 BC – Move on St. Petersburg. Find out that it is on a river. Kill a Russia spear moving to the right side of the river.

@ Tours – We lose one elite archer and have two elite victories as we raze the city.
(10-2)

7. 410 BC – The Mongols have a warrior by St. Petersburg.

We attack the city and one of our military heros, Sun Tzu shows up.
Kill two more defenders. An archer defends. (13-2)

8. 390 BC – Persia shows up on F4. We can’t make any deals with X, so we just declare war.
We kill the archer defending St Petersburg, collect two slaves from a settler. Then kill our first Mongol. Climb the mountain and here is what we see:

Meet Gandhi. We’re up Philo and HBR. I trade him those two plus WM for MM & TM. Intel: He has four cities.

India is NW of Russia and Mongolia is west of India. So that’s it. Everyone has been met. The good news is that no one has Literature yet. We need to use the leader for the GL. (15-2)

IBT – It appears the NW is going to have the most action. We have Romans, Indians, and Mongols up there.
Shanghai:horse=>horse

9. 370 BC – Kill a French archer. Get 50G from two barb camps. Kill another French archer. (17-2)

IBT – Beijing: horse=>horse
Canton:sword=>sword

10. 350 BC – Literature is still not known. Kill our first Indian, and add two slaves to our collection.

Here’s the situation in the NW:

Final body count – 19 kills, 2 losses. Three cities razed. Four slaves collected. One leader. The last five non-researched techs.

After Action – I have been building strategic roads towards Russia and France. These are very important. Most of the action is to the NW, but France may get interesting. Both Russia and France are on the ropes. We need to knock them out. Four against one will be much easier than six against one.

It appears that Rome is somewhere between Russia and France.

Save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/ANK09,_350_BC.SAV

I think that's to me.

I got it, but I just remembered my turns in Bede02 are due, so that will come first.

EDIT: btw - in your 'body count' you list one leader. Is that to say you got another, or are you referring to the first?

EDIT2: nevermind, I see it now. "Sun Tzu shows up"

:goodjob: Bugsy. Way to march forward.

Great job, Bugsy! :thumbsup:

I also think the leader should hurry the GLib... or do we want to risk it and gambit for another leader and hurry for instance the Colossus in Canton? Would well be over 20 turns of waiting with the current leader...

I'd rather wait. Now we have a lock on the Library as long as we can do the research in a reasonable period. IIRC the Colussus hurt more than helped in the last 3CC and I'd rather not throw dice.

A quick question...

Why aren't we using the army? Isn't it better to have a sword army now, and try for another when riders come along?

I'd rather not create an Army now -- Armies are weak in PtW, so we should probably wait until Riders to build one. The Heroic Epic isn't absolutely necessary.

lurker's comment:
IMHO, an army is vital in AW gameplay, regardless whether or not it's PTW or C3C. Armies have the greatest unit repellant in the game, and will pillage unmolested, provided it has enough health to disinterest any enemy units. As others had said, you can always disband your sword army in favor of the rider army later on. You're still researching lit and as a result still quite a bit aways from chivalry with your three cities to conduct self research. Just shouting out my two cents for what they're worth, but the key is to use your leaders up as soon as they come so you don't hold back your elites.

IHT – Well, I asked why we weren’t using the army, and no one commented in a couple of hours, so I’ll play and leave it sitting there too, I guess.

IT – Win 2 battles against archers, one with a sword, one with an archer. Both promote to elite.

330 bc (1) – Elite sword whacks a Mongol settler pair.

310 bc (2) – Lyons is burned by an elite sword and archer, no losses. 2 more slaves for the collection though. Sun Tzu is returned to safety.

IT – lose a ¾ sword to a reg archer.

290 bc (3) – Hawkeye, Yosarian, and another archer raze Orleans. 1 new slave. Disperse a Libyan camp. Whack a Roman warrior and see a Legion. :eek: Gonna have to try to find the iron…. At this point I also notice that we need terrain improvements on the homefront.

270 bc (4) – Kill a French settler pair.

IT – Lose a rl elite sword to an archer. Horse defends flawlessly against a warrior.

250 bc (5) – Horse promotes dispersing a Shangian camp. Moving into position for Sevastopol.

IT – Elite sword wins on defense vs vet archer.

230 bc (6) – Disperse an Ainu camp. Elite sword razes Sevastopol. Another slave.

210 bc (7) – We kill a legion and a warrior at a cost of an elite sword. Disperse some Magyars. Sword promotes killing a French archer.

190 bc (8) – Kill off some Gepids. Hawkeye and Yosarian dispatch a couple archers (one Persian)

170 bc (9) – Disperse some Tartars. Build two colonies with slaves, gems and wines.

IT – Lose a vet sword to a reg archer. Man I miss the defensive bombard of archers. :(

150 bc (10) – Odessa is razed, two more slaves. Nab a Russian settler pair….

Kill off some Hsung-Nus. A horse kills an Indian warrior, and ends up right next to a legion. Kill a French archer on the march to Paris.

Recap: The Russians are gone. France will be pretty soon. I REALLY think we ought to be using the army, especially now that legions have showed up. I know the armies aren't the same as in conquests, but we’re gonna take real losses against those legions. Either way, we should focus on the Romans next. We are starting to get thin up there, so I have diverted the newer units up there. I have a group of workers roading up near France. The five of them can road through the jungle in 2 turns, with only one wasted worker turn. Thank god for the barbs everywhere, or we’d really be in trouble financially.

Anyhow, here it is:
>>>SAVE<<<

I'm sorry Sesn. I forgot about the army. Must have been :smoke: We should make a sword army and go pillage the Roman iron and plant our army on top of it.

The victorious march continues....

Got it...play tomorrow

Nice job Sesn. :thumbsup:

What do you mean the Colossus hurt more than profitted iun the 3CC conquest game? :hmm: It would boost our income...

Or we could use the army and rush the Heroic Epic... and we could get more leaders. But, I think the Library is vital for our tech research... luckily the AI beelines for Chivalry, and is too stupid to research Education ASAP when we have the GLib.

Yes, we can get more leaders, but do we want to risk not getting the GL? The GL will be critical. Let just save the leader to get the GL. Then as we get more after than we can build the HE and all the other wonders. AI denial.

That's what I thought too... we'll have enough battles to spawn leaders for other stuff too even with horrible RNG luck on them...

And we propably won't have more than one army at a time ever, so We'll have enough leaders for the HE and other wonders...

Or, if we are in a really good position we could try the real stunt and capture enough cities to get the FP into Canton or Shanghai... but that would be totally weird and propably stupid, too. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom