(APRIL FOOLS) Apolyton & CivFanatics Merging!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhhh, guys, I just noticed something. When the forums are merged, they will have to get rid of all the existing threads because the links to other threads won't work anymore because they work using a thread number and there will already be a thread 543 (for example) on both sites and if there was a link to thread 543 on either site the link will have no idea where to go.

In CIVCONGRESS, April 1, 2007.

The unanimous Declaration of 99% of the CFC community,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the CFC bands which have connected them with another, and to assume, among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that CFC is much better than poly, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Free Gotms, No polys, and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Forums are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the posters, That whenever any Form of Forum becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new Forum , laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Forumss long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute CIVJUNK Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such a Forum, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Such has been the patient sufferance of these posters; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present Administrator of CFC is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute CIVJUNK Tyranny over these posters. To prove this, let the Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his Assent to Scenarios, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his Moderators to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of Modders, unless those people would relinquish the right of posting in the Forum, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together Forums at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved Representative Forums repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness of his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected, whereby the Legislative Powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has made Moderators dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies of moderators without the Consent of our legislatures.

For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the CIV world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:[Pay for gotm]

For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Forums.

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

For suspending our own Forums, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated CFC here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. An Administrator whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

We, therefore, the posters of CFC, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these forums, solemnly publish and declare, That these United forums are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the CFC Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of CIVJUNK, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do.

CPC Declaration of Independence
http://z4.invisionfree.com/Civ_Players_Center/index.php?act=idx

What happens if this is a joke? Will CFC stay split asunder by this?

In other words, +1

And I have two ideas why there are more civfanaticsers that apolytonners: civfanatics looks better and doesn't require a first and last name.

You don't have to use your real name. :)

sort of to the tune of School House Rock, for those of us over 30...

Civ'ization Junction,
What's your Function?
CFC'ers cry malfunction.
With 'Poly there be disfunction.
Makes me want to lose my luncheon.

only needed a little help from a rhyming dictionary ;)

Now this would be a great April fools joke. Somehow I don't think this is a joke though, maybe just bad timing...but then again I would be twice as happy if someone proved me wrong. Though, Thunderfall still hasn't replied to any of this.

sort of to the tune of School House Rock, for those of us over 30...

Civ'ization Junction,
What's your Function?
CFC'ers cry malfunction.
With 'Poly there be disfunction.
Makes me want to lose my luncheon.

only needed a little help from a rhyming dictionary ;)

Under 30 but still great!:goodjob::lol:

If this is a joke it is cruel, the forums look like crap on civjunction. This forum reminds me of my signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom