Are You Going to Watch the Debates?

Will You Watch?

• No

• Yes, Live

• Yes, afterwards

• I will wait for Jimmy Kimmel to tell me what happened.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm watching the latest one right now.

I'm at the point where Amy Combsalad just quoted MLK. Warren was going after Bloomberg, and Bloomberg answers about ...9/11? Uh, pretty sure Rudy Giuliani was mayor there. People are getting testy. This is good!

update 1: Now comes the shouting match about healthcare! Why does Pete Buttigieg remind me so much of Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman? Amy Combsalad couldn't get her spiel out fast enough and started enunciating every single word. Apparently there's a guy up there called Tom Steyer. Joe Biden not looking as bad as before. Warren hasn't talked in a while but is probably the best all-around performer.

update 2: Joe Biden just said 150,000,000 people have been killed since 2007. One hundred and fifty million people? Did he mean thousand?

Last edited:
and Bloomberg answers about ...9/11? Uh, pretty sure Rudy Giuliani was mayor there
He keeps trying to make the case that he led a business during 9/11 and that is the same as running NYC basically. Really it's just a way to bring up 9/11. Sigh.
Apparently there's a guy up there called Tom Steyer.
LMAO I know right? He barely got a chance to talk and didn't shout over everyone enough to steal more time.

I got a feeling Steyer is going to endorse Bernie after Super Tuesday and Bernie will be like, nah, I don't need a billionaire, go away

Nah he'd take the endorsement I think. Maybe not advertise on it heavily, but I doubt he'd reject it. That would be bad politics imo.

LMAO I know right? He barely got a chance to talk and didn't shout over everyone enough to steal more time.
Apparently his campaign strategy is to thoroughly confuse me. He says something I find sensible, then completely insane, then sensible, and then insane again.

Sanders is now backpedaling on Cuba and I can see the veins popping out of his head trying to repress his affinity for Fidel Castro and Daniel Ortega.

That’s not it. It’s all our veins popping at the idiocy of them, you and your ridiculous right-wing libertarian kindergarten logic.

Hey, I want Sanders to be the nominee as much as you do. Just for different reasons.

Amy Combsalad said the biggest misconception was that she was boring. Which in itself was a boring answer.
Biden's promising a black woman on the SCOTUS. Justice Oprah?
Sanders always swings back to his one speech.
Warren's quoting the Bible? Buttigieg too, but he's a little more small-towny.
Bloomberg out with the attempt at humor. Still more interesting than boring Amy Combsalad.

Sanders credit Cuba for its successful literacy program and successful universal healthcare system. No need to be a three-year-old about it just because CBS are.

Hopefully it included Kropotkin, Dostoyevsky and other authors Americans can only dream of understanding.

I bet Fidel Castro prepared a delightful summer leading list.
At least he was able to read something longer than a tweet while sipping his covfefe.

But I do agree Sanders needs to stop saying nice things about communist regimes. It's not helpful to his cause.

To me that's the best part about Sanders. He’s too old to give a fudge about butthurt nerds. He’s like Castro did good things and I will commend him for that and he did bad thing and I will condemn him for that.

Hopefully it included Kropotkin, Dostoyevsky and other authors Americans can only dream of understanding.

ha understanding. . .Americans aren't allowed to have any nuance about anything much less understanding USA USA USA!!!!!1!!

To me that's the best part about Sanders. He’s too old to give a fudge about butthurt nerd. He’s like Castro did good things and I will commend him for that and he did bad thing and I will condemn him for that.
Yeah, this is just an example of polarization of the country. Something/somebody must either all bad or all good.
This is the poison that is destroying this country.

rah - you are a conservative. Why do you insist on trying to frame yourself as a democrat? You lost your good old party to idiots - fight to get that back instead of trying to hijack the party of the people.

Fiscal conservative (if they even exist anymore) but social liberal. So I really don't fit in either party, which allows me to make fun of both.
But you are correct, If I had my way, I would remake the old party, but I think it's past that now and I will be dead before it swings back to something more recognizable to me. Locally, I am expending some energy there, but it's getting to be hopeless.

ha understanding. . .Americans aren't allowed to have any nuance about anything much less understanding USA USA USA!!!!!1!!
I see we have dusted off the 2016 Democratic playbook.

"Some people are supporting Donald Trump. Let's call them morons and they'll vote for us!"

Yeah good luck with that strategy.

I got a feeling Steyer is going to endorse Bernie after Super Tuesday and Bernie will be like, nah, I don't need a billionaire, go away

Said a Bernie tunneler who clearly hasn't bothered to find out a damn thing about Steyer.

Top Bottom