Are You Going to Watch the Debates?

Will You Watch?

• No

• Yes, Live

• Yes, afterwards

• I will wait for Jimmy Kimmel to tell me what happened.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gail King just told Bloomberg she was changing topics, but not before lobbing this softball: In New York, are people living longer due to your policies? Like geeze that was an innapropriate question unless she's going to do that for each of them. Ridiculous

This reflects the facts. The question is, where is the inherent flaw in democracy that enables it? The workers have ALL the numbers on their side. How do they consistently manage to piss away their gigantic advantage in voting power and wind up needing unions to put them back on the playing field?

money is power

Well, personally, I don't think soulless plutocrats should be running for political office, regardless of which party they feign membership for convenience of.
Meanwhile they have a Uranuscrat in office....

Can CBS be banned from ever hosting a debate? I don't remember the last time moderators were this bad.

Thought I did like the end.
Biden "I wrote the bill establishing special drug courts."
Moderators: "That's nice grandpa, talk to you later."

money is power

Money is a system of token exchange through abstract representation of a general, perceived view of "wealth," whose value is relative. Money is not power, in and of itself. Only the corruptible and those without true conviction give it power by selling out their principals, values, and the obligations of positions and duties they hold.

Money is a system of token exchange through abstract representation of a general, perceived view of "wealth," whose value is relative. Money is not power, in and of itself. Only the corruptible and those without true conviction give it power by selling out their principals, values, and the obligations of positions and duties they hold.

Well, yeah, but since that's pretty much a given...money is power.

Well, yeah, but since that's pretty much a given...money is power.

Not everyone in the world desires to be filthy rich, or would see that, and what comes of it, as a good thing or an objective improvement in life. I happen to know this from PERSONAL (first hand, and first person) experience. I've also read about people who were "obstacles" to the rich and powerful, but refused to be bought. So, a dominant tendency, maybe, but not a given.

This is a farce. While Bernie can work on getting more stats and numbers, he's being attacked from every angle and can only do a 1:3.

Principles can't pay the rent check or the student loan bill

which is demanded of us by... monied interests

funny how that works

finally a question about foreign policy and Bloomberg said we have to leave troops in the Middle East...cuz, you know... 9/11

He acted like 9/11 was the result of us not having troops in the Middle East. He's a neo-con, no way I'll vote for him.

Warren will bring back combat troops but not all troops and she wont 'cut and run'.
Buttigieg didn't answer the question about keeping troops in the Middle East.
They moved on to the coronavirus

Bernie keeps struggling on Cuba and Nicaragua. He keeps trying to make this principled argument and I get it but it's not landing and he needs to back off that whole track.

Bernie keeps struggling on Cuba and Nicaragua. He keeps trying to make this principled argument and I get it but it's not landing and he needs to back off that whole track.

It's an argument that only works with fellow Comrades, I'm sorry to say it, Bernie. You're not going to get any positive result from saying 'but this good thing' to people who are not on the left outright.

And even then...Casto and Ortega can burn, really.

He's just not that good of a debator to be honest. That's fine though, plenty of people lose debates but win elections. He's under sustained attack though so it's not like he's phoning it in.

Why does Joe
have to TALK LIKE this in ANGRY WAVES ??

This is a farce. While Bernie can work on getting more stats and numbers, he's being attacked from every angle and can only do a 1:3.

What exactly did you think being labeled the front runner was going to do? Make the rest just surrender and leave the stage?

Principles can't pay the rent check or the student loan bill

which is demanded of us by... monied interests

funny how that works

But have you considered the fact that some are happy just maintaining their current lifestyle, and don't desire a sudden and drastic (and undeserved and ethically dirtying) jump in resources. I know I'm happy at my current barely on the lower cusp of middle class lifestyle. Why do you assume such refusal to accept bribes and engage in corruption only has utter destitution and poverty as the only other alternative. Your view of the world seems remarkably shallow and prone to stereotyping.

What exactly did you think being labeled the front runner was going to do? Make the rest just surrender and leave the stage?

No, that's to be expected, and I welcome it so Bernie can stay sharp and actually woo people over, but I refer more to this being in any way, shape, or form being balanced. That's been a general criticism for decades now, and it's why a lot of people avoid these things. The moderators...don't. A training school english class handles debates better.

One problem with M4A that gets overlooked I think is that when people point out every other industrialized country has it, that's true. But it's also true they developed healthcare as a thing as a public good from a much earlier point. The US has had decades on this bad track and that level of inertia is not trivial to overcome, nor is it a problem that other advanced countries faced to the same extent.

Obama said the same things about Cuba, praising the evil Castro for creating healthcare and education programs. At least Bernie called him authoritatian.

Doesn't matter, polls show Bern already being tied to Biden in SC, and likely Bern will just win there too.

Top Bottom