As a muslim, how do you take the anti islam comments posted on this forum?

That was really distasteful posting that picture of Fortuyn, Philippe. Thanks. While I wouldn't have voted for him, he might have been a source for good and for change in our country. The man had so much charisma .. :) maybe I should post a photo of Theo van Gogh?

But to get back on track here, why is it 'not done' to be against a monotheïstic doctrine that gives color to the world for it's followers? Life must be a lot simpler when your religion tells you who your friends are, who you can trust and who you can not and how to live your social life! It gets even better when you're a man, because that means you have more rights than women do. For those who disagree with me on that, step back from your computer and look around in this real world we live in. Women are second class citizens, at best, in the Islamic world. They're breedingstations who make men's life more comfortable.

No idea who that is.

But however fun this is, I think none of them are Muslims and it's all a bit spammy.

That was really distasteful posting that picture of Fortuyn, Philippe. Thanks. While I wouldn't have voted for him, he might have been a source for good and for change in our country. The man had so much charisma .. maybe I should post a photo of Theo van Gogh?

that picture has become an icon, fugazi, just like that picture of that south vietnamese exectuing that VC guy.

anyway, i remembered the day Fortuyn got assassinated, i didn't think much of him at first, becuase he was so populist and our extreme-right party tried to suck up to him.

it's actually after his death i got a bit of apprecation for him, but still, considering what he left behind as party, i'd could have turned even out worse if they got the full temr and the allowance to do what they want at their posts.

edit: ziggy doesn't know Deheane? oh you barbarian.

Bit like the good 'ol Alexander, who also died a little too young.

And I'm sure this greatly influenced the way people think about Islam and it's message here in Holland. For better or worse, hehe. Consciously or subconsciously it changed the tone of the debate and made it so much more real.

Bit like the good 'ol Alexander, who also died a little too young.

I smell a deal here, ok, Fortyun can be your Alexander and our Leterme can be our Nixon then :lol:

And I'm sure this greatly influenced the way people think about Islam and it's message here in Holland. For better or worse, hehe. Consciously or subconsciously it changed the tone of the debate and made it so much more real.

I have to admit, the most nuanced debates on the subject can be found in Holland. (besides the obvious populist crap)

but then you guys came up with this..

If you guys lived in Muslim countries, you'd both be put to death for your insolence.

If you guys lived in Muslim countries, you'd both be put to death for your insolence.

and yell "FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" at the end, right?

better switch back to braveheart avvie now, eco.

Well, we countered with this:

:thumbsup:

Who gets massive flack from the Moroccan community in Holland and is seen as a traitor and an outcast for his religious and political stance. Go figure :)

.. and I hope he does really well. I know most of us would've rather had Leers, but we gotta do it together now.

Um, this topic was supposed to be about what people think of Anti-Muslim comments on this forum, not European politicians, car crashes, and nose picking. Back on topic, even though I'm not Muslim, I find all forms of discrimination unacceptable. If we should discriminate against anyone, it should be against my religion. It has become a religion of hypocracy, selectively quoting the Bible and using it against various groups of people. You don't see people buying a goat and killing it for shaving these days, or shunning those who own mules. But, this is getting off topic. Just because some people do something who happen to belong to some group doesn't mean every member of the group is the same as those people. People don't think of all Christians like Adolf Hitler, so why should all Muslims be thought of as being like Osama bin Ladin or Saddam Hussein?

There are many anti-muslim comments, but here less so. However, anti-christian, especially anti-catholic comments are common and appreciated.
If someone offends islam by saying that it is a religion of terrorism or whatever, 10 people will argue with him, mostly saying that christianity is no better.

However, if someone starts making a joke about catholic priests being paedophiles, 10 people will join the game and happily ripp on papist scum.

There are many anti-muslim comments, but here less so. However, anti-christian, especially anti-catholic comments are common and appreciated.
If someone offends islam by saying that it is a religion of terrorism or whatever, 10 people will argue with him, mostly saying that christianity is no better.

However, if someone starts making a joke about catholic priests being paedophiles, 10 people will join the game and happily ripp on papist scum.

Joking about ourselves shows good humor, joking about others' faith shows our meanness.

Look, it's your fault for spelling everything with weirdly placed 'a's and the like.

Also, more seriously, I really have to question the idea that anti-Catholic comments are the most severe around here. I know I don't technically speak for anyone else, but what I've seen from at least almost all the American posters directly contradicts that - remarks about fundamentalists, evangelicals, neo-tele-creationists and so on are way more pointed that anything against Catholics.

Anti-Christian comments in what some considered to be Christian nations? Really? Nooooo!

Maybe those people are the kind who are comfortable to bash something they're familiar with. I make anti-Islam comments to my mother all the time with me being Atheist and her a muslim. It doesn't make sense to rip on Jesus. That and the fact that 99% of terrorists don't socialize on internet especially at CFC.

Anti-Christian comments in what some considered to be Christian nations? Really? Nooooo!

Maybe those people are the kind who are comfortable to bash something they're familiar with. I make anti-Islam comments to my mother all the time with me being Atheist and her a muslim. It doesn't make sense to rip on Jesus. That and the fact that 99% of terrorists don't socialize on internet especially at CFC.

There was some online jihad proclaimed by some radical Islamic organizations, but it was ridiculed as "terrorist spam".

Here is the link:

Warning, very old post!

Top Bottom