Ask a Marine

Riesstiu IV said:
Are MREs any good? Are they like TV dinners?

lol MRE's are 3 lies in one. They arent a meal, they are never ready, and no u shouldnt eat them. Least that was my experience. But when u are in the field, anythings better than nothing.

Are there actually homosexuals in the Marines?

If so, many or do they keep themselves discreet?

What are some of those tedious little things I hear you have to learn while in Arab Countries?

If/When I decide to enlist(still weighing the options, Could they really stick me on a base for my entire service? I hear its really frustrating.

Could I choose my specialization? Ex: Sniper, Recon, medic.

Computers are like air-conditioners, they won't work worth a beans if you have Windows open!
:lol: I like the new IE.

Are you subject, in your view, to the laws and jurisdiction of the country you're in whilst (a) in combat, and (b) following orders ?

If you were ordered to do something potentially controversial (say, attack a house containing civilians using grenades and other relatively non-targeted weapons, to try to kill an enemy leader inside) would you expect that any potential retribution for your actions would be dealt with through the US military & its disciplinary structure rather than any civilian court ?

PS I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely interested in to what degree you can be confident that, if you're following orders, then you are (excpet in exceptional circumstances) accountable only to the US military structures.

Hmm... I could ask how many tries it took before you got the oath of enlistment right...
US MARINE CORPS OATH OF ENLISTMENT
"I, (pick a name the police won't recognize), swear..uhhhh....high-and-tight.... grunt... cammies....kill....fix bayonets....charge....slash....dig....burn....blowup....ugh...Air Force women....beer.....sailors wives.....air strikes....yes SIR!....whiskey....liberty call....salute....Ooorah Gunny....grenades...women....OORAH! So Help Me Chesty PULLER!"
X____________________
Thumb Print
XX _____________________________
Teeth Marks
(http://www.strategypage.com/humor/articles/military_jokes_200472723.asp)
;)

But instead, I'll ask a question I've always been curious about. Roughly how much time is spent on board a ship (I guess this is part of a MEU?) as opposed to on the ground, excluding deployments such as OIF/OEF? Guess I'm just wondering how accurate the acronym "M.A.R.I.N.E.S." is. :)

What is your opinion of the CIA and other inteligence agencies and how they work/don't work with you. I have considerd eventualy joining th CIA if possible and wondered what the troops on th ground think of them are they... Desk wheenies-or-valuable intelligence allies?

Peri said:
I read only recently about DR's actions regarding the military (cutting forces, sacking generals). I was appalled by what I read and was wondering if your colleagues feel betrayed by these actions?

Bronox is about to read STATE of DENIAL too. :lol:

When you get to the end of the Book and feel like beating the living vrap out of Rumsfield. remember this. (Book ends with Woodrow trying to get rumsfield to accept responsibility for mistakes which have cost lives)

[Rumsfeld] “he would fire the next person” who talked about the need for a post-war plan.
Brig. Gen. Mark Scheid.

too which someone wittyly replied

"Henny Penny F_____g B___h"

How are you treated by the Iraqis (civilians)?

How do you interact with them?

I think I will wait until some of the questions are answered. Good stuff so far Bronx Warlord!

Considering every live-able human being has a brain upon birth, where does it go during basic? Is the extraction painfull? And what happens with them, are they donated for medical science? ;)
Greetings, a german jarhead

Do you actually have to sign your signature in blood to babylon? Or is it just like an understood thing?

What is your general comeback for some a$$hole that says "hey, the marine corps is under the Department of the Navy."?

Speaking of jokes and that, what pranks and that do you play on other marines or other branches of the military?

What was your job again?

Any PTSD (if you would be willing to say)? It's cool to if you abstain to answer. I would understand.

Rolled in or out (sleeves)?

And here's a question I asked a friend who was a marine corps tanker: Why do believe it is, that people have the general consensus that all marines are crazy?

Favorite weapon?

Reason you joined?

~ Are you religious?
~ If so, do you think you will go to heaven / attain nirvana / eternal bliss?
~ Do you sleep well at night?

Xanikk999 said:
If yes do you know how many people you killed?
Bronx Warlord said:
Enough that it's not polite to talk about
If it's not polite to talk about killing people, why do you actually kill?

The people of the countries you get sent to and the family members of the people you have killed might say: 'Enough killing please, it's not polite, nevermind the talking about it'.

What are the rules about personal possessions? Can you take things like a necklace, a mobile phone, a wallet, a book, a laptop computer with you on duty? Can you leave them in your barracks or anything? Come to think of it, do you sleep in a barracks, and what is that like? What would be an average day for you?

Top Bottom