Aspiring Rapper's MAFIA- Game Thread

Role: High Rollah (Self-protection role: "Limited Commuter")

This, right here, is basically the entire reason I was ever suspicious of Kennigit.

He at one point mentioned how he thought that Arakhor was hinting he was the "dice rollah" and some sort of power role... and that was REALLY, REALLY close to the role name I had, with the exact same power Arakhor had. But nothing about "high rollah" or "dice rollah" was mentioned in the update where Arakhor was lynched.

So I thought, "Kennigit knows the role name or names of the commuters, how the hell could he possibly know that?" Following that line of thought, I figured that it must have something to do with the way the mafia could get around my limited invulnerability, ergo Kennigit is a mafia with PIS that accidentally let slip something he knew about the commuters. Because why the hell else would he say something like that?

But nothing about "high rollah" or "dice rollah" was mentioned in the update where Arakhor was lynched.

Well actually...

Oh my god, they capped Arac Shakhor!

Arakhor has died. He was...

...a loyal member of the Blue Crew.

He was a:
Limited Commuter and a dice rollah.
(Spoiler tags removed)

But it was just flavor, inserted in there because Arakhor wanted me to add a bit about rolling dice in his writeup. I was happy to oblige because the whole dice thing was lol-worthy to begin with from what little I read of it.

It was meaningless, yet it was mentioned in his lynch.

Mafia and the informant got copies of the doc, bulletproof, and commuter role PMs as "cover roles" if I didn't make that clear in earlier posts.

I felt that was necessary for game balance.

Bsmith's role was meant to be a surprise.

JUSTICE

all ya'll call me crazy but I'm not totally! Just a weird combination of jokes somehow was accurate (Arakhor DID have "rollah" in his role PM--as his flagship role!). Or accurate enough for me. I was right for all the absolutely wrong reasons! (a very townie thing to do), unless arakhor actually did dice roll because of that

edit- tangentially related, but Zack I believe did post a statement that the most infuriating thing as a scum is to be accused for stupid or wrong reasons

my hyperbole is true enough for me though, nothing more townie than being absolutely wrong [for the wrong reasons--my criticism of zack is that he was "right", but I didn't voice it]

also townie being right for absolutely wrong reasons

and unfortunately, scum did yell at a truthful townie claiming his PR claim was ridiculous (Al sipsclar) :(. I never get why that happens so often. I mean I do, but the town meta has to step up on understanding game mechanics. I got criticized for trying to guess how the game worked lol

I agree with Zack that such weak claim as Arakhor made makes no sense.

Of course, I understand that some roles work best unknown, but now anyone can suspect those roles (not so much of them). Are you claiming the role I think you are claiming, Arakhor?

I am just now considering changing my vote to you. Please react.

If it makes no sense, why would I do it? Maybe because it's true?

Please tell me how anyone could answer that without talking to you in private.

In my opinion, there is only one role that meets your description (barring any highly unstandard one)

Since I like to think Jarrema often thinks "mechanically" the way I do, what the heck was this about jarrema?

You're a vanilla townie making these posts lol. What did you think you knew day 1

You're a vanilla townie making these posts lol. What did you think you knew day 1

in fact I was wrong. But it was because mafia had exact counters to roles in this game. (and doctors couldnt protect themselves)
I was thinking that only near-vanilla role that will lose its impact if known, was paranoid gun owner :lol:

Just skimming this game I'm astounded how Zach didn't get lynched. He was such an obvious wolf.

To be fair, while I'm not quite sure what you're referring to, it is generally easier to analyze mafia situations from the outside then in the game where various social factors warp your perception. Also, a number of things Zack (and I for that matter) did were rather contextual and while very odd in retrospect looked more persuasive in the moment.

keep in mind we acted in a way to protect the team over any individual, ie drawing suspicion to myself and legato but in such a way that leads to a situation where people do not suspect we are teammates. I even lampshaded this in response to edse at one point. I was happy to have people suspect me if it meant they didn't suspect Legato and Lohrenswald.

also kinda funny how true this ended up being:

1 from {glossysushi, Zack}
1 from {KingMorgan vol. 2, edse}
1 from {Lohrenswald, Legato Endless, Murska, landlubber}
1 other that could be anywhere.

Yeah, the only town theory that actually got our composition was Backward's to an extent on the last day after he reassessed from the glossy flip.

We felt we really had to be hyper group defensive because our power would decline much more dramatically than a normal mafia team with each loss and if we lost someone we wanted the others to look golden.

Hello again.
For the short time I played, this was a very fun game. The posting levels were fine past partway through D2 for me.

It is the first time I got to play such a role and it was very interesting.
Especially this game.

Just here to apologise for dropping out. Been trying to avoid high volume games for awhile so once I saw the spam on day 1, I asked to be replaced.
Figured it'd be better that way than making a halfhearted attempt to keep track.

Just here to apologise for dropping out. Been trying to avoid high volume games for awhile so once I saw the spam on day 1, I asked to be replaced.
Figured it'd be better that way than making a halfhearted attempt to keep track.

That's totally understandable, and willingly taking yourself out is a lot classier than triggering the auto.

I'm going to take like, a month or two break from mafia after my current games are done. Too many other things going on and this game was a bit of a shock when I was already in 4.

Top Bottom