Backlash against the backlash

Back to the original topic... one thing I've noticed in the backlash against the backlash movement:

Lots of Nazi marchers have lost their jobs and have suffered consequences. The anti-racist side got their photos, identified them, and then they were subjected to people being rightfully angry and caused them to lose their jobs. There are lots of examples. Here is one:

So some of them have lost their jobs, some being threatened with arrest, etc. Now I know they're going to give us this "authoritarian jew controlled blah blah blah" nonsense.

Well, I will tell you about my own perspective, as a capitalist. I am definitely not a Nazi, nor am I a commie (in their minds, only Commies hate them). As an American, you are entitled to your free speech. Nobody arrested you for your horrible protest, although even that is questionable. However, other people have the right to be offended. A business (not just a Jewish or black owned business, but ANY business) would probably not want to have one of these people associated with their brand, and rightfully so. This isn't authoritarianism. This is just the free market. I think that's comforting: That, at least for the time being, it is more profitable to not be a flaming racist.

Now here's where things get interesting: Now they have to make a choice for their next "alt right" (let's just call them fascists) rallies. They can either continue to do it as they were, or they can start wearing hoods or masks. Obviously, the mask would protect them from getting identified. But at a psychological cost: Putting the mask on means you admit that you are ashamed. That you are afraid and embarrassed for what you stand for. You admit the majority of people don't agree with you. It is obviously much bolder to not be wearing the masks. But, as already stated, without the masks they will have their lives ruined again. The fascists now realize they can't have their cake and eat it too like they seemed to think.

What I like about this is the Black Lives Matter/ anti-racist side nobody is ashamed and nobody has lost their job, even though plenty of them were also filmed. It proves that the majority of society stands with them, as opposed to the fascists.

As a bigger part of the backlash against the backlash is Trump's popularity, which is VERY low for a president that hasn't even completed his first year in office. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
The viewership ratings for Fox News are still #1, but they are rapidly losing the decisive advantage they once did. They no longer have the most popular primetime show anymore - That would be the Rachel Maddow show on MSNBC.

The backlash against the backlash continues to be interesting. But don't ever say "the democratic candidate in 2020 will win for sure, let's be comfortable". You all made that mistake last time. (I don't mean the people on this forum specifically but in general). Similar to how the majority of people in the UK were against Brexit but those people were too lazy to show up on election day, the same could happen again.

Then there's another issue:

The last week or two before the votes would be cast for the general election, I remember Hillary talking as if she is already the President elect. She had made it clear that she'd already won before any vote was cast. It made her come across as snobby and entitled. There already some Bernie people (me one of them) who thought she was already too snobby and entitled, and she only proved our point more. NEVER presume you are the president elect (or even act like it) until you really are. You have nothing to gain by being so arrogant.

The ideal democratic candidate (no one particular in mind, just a hypothetical person)

1) A female candidate since that seems to be the obsession.

2) a female candidate from a decisive swing state.

3) a female candidate that is not part of the establishment. Now, if she's an elected politician/official, she is going to be 'establishment' in some way, and that's unavoidable. This is acceptable. However, she should not have a last name that is already associated with lots of baggage (Kennedy, Clinton, Obama, Bush, etc).

4) She is specifically good at energizing the youth vote (Hillary never was)

5) The DNC and media should at least be a little more subtle in favoring her.

Now here's where things get interesting: Now they have to make a choice for their next "alt right" (let's just call them fascists) rallies. They can either continue to do it as they were, or they can start wearing hoods or masks. Obviously, the mask would protect them from getting identified. But at a psychological cost: Putting the mask on means you admit that you are ashamed. That you are afraid and embarrassed for what you stand for. You admit the majority of people don't agree with you. It is obviously much bolder to not be wearing the masks. But, as already stated, without the masks they will have their lives ruined again. The fascists now realize they can't have their cake and eat it too like they seemed to think.

What I like about this is the Black Lives Matter/ anti-racist side nobody is ashamed and nobody has lost their job, even though plenty of them were also filmed. It proves that the majority of society stands with them, as opposed to the fascists.

True. You never see any antifa protestors in masks or hoods or uniform black clothing or anything like that.

As a bigger part of the backlash against the backlash is Trump's popularity, which is VERY low for a president that hasn't even completed his first year in office. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
The viewership ratings for Fox News are still #1, but they are rapidly losing the decisive advantage they once did. They no longer have the most popular primetime show anymore - That would be the Rachel Maddow show on MSNBC.

The backlash against the backlash continues to be interesting. But don't ever say "the democratic candidate in 2020 will win for sure, let's be comfortable". You all made that mistake last time. (I don't mean the people on this forum specifically but in general). Similar to how the majority of people in the UK were against Brexit but those people were too lazy to show up on election day, the same could happen again.

Then there's another issue:

The last week or two before the votes would be cast for the general election, I remember Hillary talking as if she is already the President elect. She had made it clear that she'd already won before any vote was cast. It made her come across as snobby and entitled. There already some Bernie people (me one of them) who thought she was already too snobby and entitled, and she only proved our point more. NEVER presume you are the president elect (or even act like it) until you really are. You have nothing to gain by being so arrogant.

The ideal democratic candidate (no one particular in mind, just a hypothetical person)

1) A female candidate since that seems to be the obsession.

2) a female candidate from a decisive swing state.

3) a female candidate that is not part of the establishment. Now, if she's an elected politician/official, she is going to be 'establishment' in some way, and that's unavoidable. This is acceptable. However, she should not have a last name that is already associated with lots of baggage (Kennedy, Clinton, Obama, Bush, etc).

4) She is specifically good at energizing the youth vote (Hillary never was)

5) The DNC and media should at least be a little more subtle in favoring her.

I am too foreign to the US to be able to have a good opinion on your thoughts to solve the Dems issue by having the right front to the voters.
And what I say is not meant to contradict what you say.

From a (cultural) distance I see a nation, a people, divided among themselves, spilling, on the scene of convictions and politics, their freedom in going for things they are against.
Instead of building bridges for what can be achieved together for the good of the people, instilling a sense of trust.

I would go, first of all, for people that can heal your nation.
A better governability will follow as spin off,
resulting for example in a far cheaper and equal national health care system like so many countries have,

Last edited:
Do you never get tired of your asinine little quibbles? Different things are different.

Here is a UK example of why you do not want to be identifiable by the fash: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redwatch

Well, I'm sure they have their own version. But it seems a solid majority of people are with the anti-fascist rather than fascist, hence why it is only the fascists who are getting publicly shamed and losing their jobs. The people on Stormfront can circlejerk, but they are a fringe minority.

Well, I'm sure they have their own version. But it seems a solid majority of people are with the anti-fascist rather than fascist, hence why it is only the fascists who are getting publicly shamed and losing their jobs. The people on Stormfront can circlejerk, but they are a fringe minority.

When considering why the anti-fascists try to maintain anonymity a good thing to consider is :

If those were black men guarding a procession of angry black men carrying torches, what do you think would have been happening in the governor's office?

For those who miss the point, black protesters don't worry a whole lot about being "publicly shamed."

Fair enough. The far right has more weapons of brute force. I still think the majority of actual people said with the anti-racist brigade.

Top Bottom