Bagging the Elephant: Tea Party Tops GOP

JollyRoger

Slippin' Jimmy
Supporter
Running under the Tea Party brand may be better in congressional races than being a Republican.

In a three-way Generic Ballot test, the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds Democrats attracting 36% of the vote. The Tea Party candidate picks up 23%, and Republicans finish third at 18%. Another 22% are undecided.

Among voters not affiliated with either major party, the Tea Party comes out on top. Thirty-three percent (33%) prefer the Tea Party candidate, and 30% are undecided. Twenty-five percent (25%) would vote for a Democrat, and just 12% prefer the GOP.

Among Republican voters, 39% say they’d vote for the GOP candidate, but 33% favor the Tea Party option.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/december_2009/tea_party_tops_gop_on_three_way_generic_ballot

Maybe the tea sippers flunked the GOP purity test for hanging with them in the wilderness.

Well, I hope a viable "Tea Party" party emerges out of this. I wouldn't mind a Ralph Nader of the Right running in 2012, taking votes away from the Republicans and hopefully throwing the election to the dems.

From FreeRepublic:

To: Jim Robinson
This means that the GOP is now actually a THIRD party, and should take their own advice & stop drawing votes away from the Tea Party.

38 posted on Monday, December 07, 2009 2:01:11 PM by Sloth (Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies | Report Abuse]
Of course, the guy casts himself as one of the unrighteous Psalm 109:8 blowhards, so I predict a smiting in his future rather than a chance to vote.

/me sucks in a breath and whistles.

This... is not so good. They're good out on the fringe but I don't want them mainstream.

LOL, wut?

Wonderful. We have the commie party, the rugged individualists that conform 80% of the time party, and the Grandma doesn't know that it means placing your scrotum on somebody party.

Wonderful. We have the commie party, the rugged individualists that conform 80% of the time party, and the Grandma doesn't know that it means placing your scrotum on somebody party.

That would have made such a wonderful LGBTQI party before the tea baggers went and stole it. :mad:

"For a mad elephant has to be killed, like a mad dog, if its owner fails to control it."

~George Orwell, 1936.

Poor Rush much be loosing his grip on the leash.

/me sucks in a breath and whistles.

This... is not so good. They're good out on the fringe but I don't want them mainstream.

See, here's where I have a problem. VRWC, I consider you out on the fringe. I also consider myself out on the fringe. The difference is that I know I'm a fringe loonie, while people on the right all seem to think they are the only sensible people in America.

So when I advocate the death penalty for littering (which I do, in principle) I know that's a pretty silly idea in practice. Meanwhile, right-wing nutjobs suggest equally ridiculous ideas with a straight face.

I often end my political diatribes with "and that's why it's a good thing that I'm not in charge." I think it's important to put the extreme ideas out there, even when I know perfectly well that a more moderate viewpoint is more reasonable. Radical ideas encourage thoughtful debate, and even spawn new and better ideas. I'm not married to my ideas, and certainly would never seriously campaign for the death penalty to be imposed on litterbugs, as emotionally satisfying as I would find that to be.

Meanwhile, right-wing radicals just entrench themselves in the same old stale hidebound ideas, and stifle any creative thinking. They take pleasure in shouting down open discussion, in the name of "preserving traditional values." What they are really doing is using fear to suppress any constructive discussion.

Refuse to be silenced.

Make your voice heard.

You are the future.

Complacency is submission.

Merry Christmas! :xmassign:

Good, I hope they keep doing well. But I don't think they'll last or get much support on election day.

I don't agree with what the Tea Party people want at all but it's better they get power than the financial interests. Though if the party actually becomes a threat they'll be swallowed up by those interests anyway.

Top Bottom