Beginning of the World As We Know It: A Test

Faction Name: The Klan
Leader Name: James Raven
Leader Trait: Fearsome
Starting Location: Friendly, MD
Leader Background: James Raven, Grand Imperial Wizard of the Klan, has led the Klan for the past twelve years after his long time friend and former Grand Imperial Wizard, Forrest Bedford, died from radiation poisoning. Like his fellow Klansmen, he has a burning hatred for all non-White people, with a special emphasis on people of Asian descent. He rules the Klan with an iron fist and ensures the utmost discipline of his people, as he believes only through fear and strength can the Klan control its slave population.
Origins: Survivors
Traits: Barbaric
Capital Type: Pre-War Community
Background: The Klan has been believes itself the true heir of Old World America. They uphold what they believe true American values were at the time: good, Protestant White men controlling the nation and its destiny. To do this, they must force their will upon the lesser races, and the way it is done now is through slavery. They believe the lesser races are savage and untamed, and only through the White Man's care and guidance will they ever achieve civilization. However, there is one race the Klan does not believe can be saved, and that is the Asian (or "Mongoloid" as the Klan leadership refers to them) as they are the reason the world ended all those years ago, and they believe that by killing all Asians they meet, they are doing God's will. They are tenacious and near-fanatical in their beliefs. They have currently set up their slave operations in the town of Friendly, MD and are willing to do business with any White Man interested in purchasing slaves.

EDIT: Re-submitted my nation.

Faction Name: The Disney Empire
Leader Name: Donald Duck
Leader Trait: Charismatic
Starting Location: Disneyville (Lake Buena Vista, Florida)
Leader Background: The man known only as "Donald Duck" is the public face of the Disney Imperial government, speaking to diplomats and the outside in the characteristic voice of the pre-War animated character. However, the truth is more complicated. Despite the fact that he has reigned for 43 years, few have actually seen Donald Duck in person, and government is actually handled by a council of thirteen appointed members. There is suspicion that Donald Duck is in fact an AI of some kind, but these rumors have been denied by the council.
Traits: Technocratic
Capital Type: Pre-War Community
Background: Central Florida was spared the atomic horrors of the Great War, but when it was made clear that there was no United States, the Walt Disney Company took over the reins of administration. Despite the fact that most pre-War utilities remained running, for years the company struggled to maintain control over the surrounding area, as corporate management did not apply well to a post-apocalyptic world. It was not until Donald Duck declared the Disney Empire in 2097, and the old order began dying off, that a new form of government, a government run on careful planning and the scientific method, was created. Since then, the Disney Empire has been the undisputed authority in Central Florida, although how long the peace will last is uncertain.

Haha, can't wait to see how the Disney Empire plays out :lol:.

EDIT: So I assume that eduacation is randomly chosen?

Education is based on a variety of factors I'm choosing not to share.

Alrighty then :p. Also, in what type of format/list should we organize the orders in and what factors need filled or are optional? Also, how many structures can we build at once and are they completed in one turn or several?

Well take a look at my solo NES thread on the main forums, and you get a general idea of that sort of thing in the order sections I do there (i.e. the bits NOT under Results or Stat Changes). You can expand upon my own format as much as you feel you need to. And you can build as many structures as you can afford to build a turn.

I am please by seeing another Disney themed nation in this rendition of BotWaWKI. Last time, mine was a religious cult, but seeing what the Disney Empire can do will be interesting. If you want a different flag, I've still got mine somewhere...

Faction Name: Crimson Dawn Tribe
Leader Name: Andor "the Bear"
Starting Location: Cheat Mountain, Appalachians
Leader Background: Andor rose to power and gained his nickname "the Bear" by challenging and besting all who sought to lead the tribe. He was the youngest of the champions contending for the title of leader, but he fought with the ferocity of a bear and induced the same fear into his foes that a bear would. In the end Andor was the sole man standing of the five who sought to be the ruler of the tribe, and those around him began chanting "Bear" to Andor.
Origins: Tribal Nomads
Traits: Defensive
Capital Type: Tribal Settlement
Background: Men from the surrounding area fought to survive on their own for many years after the great war ended. While many were able to form small groups and band together they knew they wouldn't be able to survived without forming a larger community. A few groups met with each other over the years and fought together against the dangers that survived the fallout. However these, tribes as they called themselves, continuously fought among each other as well leaving many dead after their brutal battles. Finally, after over sixty years of tribal battles, the tribes leaders came together for a possible peace meeting. By the end of the meeting only one man stood alive and his name was Andor, the group had discussed a possible merger of the tribes and when none could resolve the issue of leadership they fought to the death. Once Andor had formed the tribes together he named it the Crimson Dawn Tribe as the tribes were forged together through crimson and the battle was one at dawn.

Faction Name: Vault 94
Leader Name: Grelok Skullsplitter
Starting Location: Tuscarora State Park
Leader Background: Timmy, now known as Grelok, was discovered to be a psychopath at the age of 8, when he killed one his school mates and showed no remorse for his actions. The overseer ordered him to be executed, but his parents, wanting to keep him safe, used their positions as head of security to fake his execution and instead hide him away in a disused maintenance shaft. Other than the occasional visits by his parents, he only had the company of comic books and action figures for entertainment. He became convinced that only the strong should survive and anyone who could not compete deserved no place in the world and he would lead the vault to this utopia. At the age of 15 he overpowered his parents to escaped the maintenance shaft and murdered the overseer in his office. After assuming the name Grelok Skullsplitter, he took control of the security systems to execute all who attempted to oppose him and instituted this utopia. 5 years later, he decides to open the vaults to spread his utopia accoss the wastes.
Origins: Vault Dwellers
Traits: Industrious
Capital Type: Vault
Background: Vault Dwellers

The Strong Shall Break Free

Vimary: ChiefDesigner
Leader: Lucien L'Allier
Leader Trait: Scavenger
Starting Location: Vimary (1 Place Ville-Marie, Montreal Underground City, Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
Traits: Friendly
Capital Type: Cave System

(Shot of clock, stopped at 9:47 PM.)

Here in the East, when the bombs fell, they fell at night. Most people were home with their families, or halfway through the second shift; they died peacefully, surrounded by their coworkers and loved ones.

(Zoom out; the clock is set in the wall of a ruined department store.)

But not everyone was so lucky. A group of refugees, fleeing the ruins of an American detention camp, clung to life in the ruins of a great underground complex, dug by the Old World to defend against winter's fury.

(Zoom out; the department store's smashed windows are set in a ruined underground shopping mall.)

The survivors barricaded themselves in the vast underground tunnels and smashed office towers, scratching out a meager existence through rooftop gardens and converted parking lots. Menaced by radroaches, ghouls, and darker things, the survivors still keep watch, hoping to meet a rare friendly face.

(The camera races past a barricaded turnstile, up a staircase, and flashes to white.)

Now, though, the last ration bars are running out, and for the first time in seventy years, the residents of Vimary are leaving their fortress.

What constitutes an 'Urban Ruin'? Like, is the ruins of a town of ~800 people an Urban Ruin or is it just rubble thats not worth scavenging? Whats the threshold?

Vimary: ChiefDesigner
Leader: Lucien L'Allier
Leader Trait: Scavenger
Starting Location: Vimary (1 Place Ville-Marie, Montreal Underground City, Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
Traits: Friendly
Capital Type: Cave System

(Shot of clock, stopped at 9:47 PM.)

Here in the East, when the bombs fell, they fell at night. Most people were home with their families, or halfway through the second shift; they died peacefully, surrounded by their coworkers and loved ones.

(Zoom out; the clock is set in the wall of a ruined department store.)

But not everyone was so lucky. A group of refugees, fleeing the ruins of an American detention camp, clung to life in the ruins of a great underground complex, dug by the Old World to defend against winter's fury.

(Zoom out; the department store's smashed windows are set in a ruined underground shopping mall.)

The survivors barricaded themselves in the vast underground tunnels and smashed office towers, scratching out a meager existence through rooftop gardens and converted parking lots. Menaced by radroaches, ghouls, and darker things, the survivors still keep watch, hoping to meet a rare friendly face.

(The camera races past a barricaded turnstile, up a staircase, and flashes to white.)

Now, though, the last ration bars are running out, and for the first time in seventy years, the residents of Vimary are leaving their fortress.

If you need any montreal help, I'd be glad to offer it, as I RL live there.

Thanks!

I could probably use help with names at some point--unfortunately, I can only ever name one settlement "Depanneur".

To clarify on Urban Ruins, I consider them to be anything from a suburban fortified home to a massive warehouse complex. They can be expanded upon, or multiple buildings can be used, etc, to make space more more inhabitants.

Hey,

Well, well, well. Whats all this then?

thomas.berubeg said:
Perhaps, perhaps... But, really... This time around, the Atomic Foxes terrify me... I was hoping for another power in the area that could be a bit of a limiting factor ;)

For shame trying to get another player to help you plot my destruction before the NES even starts. Very Sad. :(

Edit: Orders sent

Blaze Injun

Hey, hey, hey! I was hoping for someone else there to take the brunt of your expansionist power! :p You're SCARY! If there's someone else there, I can just lurk in my caves and hide until all the problems just go away.

Top Bottom