beta 4 of Civ3Edit patch

I added all of the files to the resources file in the editor.... but the add button still isn't there. Ughhhhh!!

I'd like to know if there's someone strong enough in programmation to try to create a civ3edit updated to version 1.29 or someone able to make worker job adding available...

@PowerOfTheBobs: I'm sorry to see you are having trouble.
I added all of the files to the resources file
There isn't a 'resources file' in the editor, there is only one file to provide the Add buttons, and you don't just add it, as it replaces an existing one of the same name. Sorry to be pedantic, but these discrepancies could mean you didn't do what is required. Please can you say *exactly* what you did?

Hello,
I am a civ fan which uses a mac and i have been trying to download the civ 3 (conquests) editor and every time i have tried to download it from one of your websites, it said that the "brad-oliver" URL could not be found.
Please help because it would be awesome to play civ in a user created map.

Thanks,
A fan

Hello :wavey:

There isn't a Civ3 (Conquests) editor for Mac, and the one for the original Civ3 will only work with Civ3 version 1.21g, originally published byMacSoft. Te URLs that point to it are out of date because Brad's ISP changed the port his file server listens to. If you try http://www.brad-oliver.com:8081/~boliver/Civ3Edit_1321.sit it should work.

Well, I found the link to Civ3Edit and the answer to my problem (not being able to download it), and thought all was good until I tried the link immediately above...and it still doesn't work. Not Safari, not IE. Safari's error is that the server stopped responding, although I don't think it's there to begin with.

Is there a (confirmed) currently working link to Civ3Edit anywhere?

TIA

Brad's URL seems a bit variable the last couple of days.

Send me your email address at alanh (at) civfanatics.net ...

[EDIT] Brad's site seems to be back in business right now. Go for it!

Hi there,

I'm also looking for this editor, and unfortunately none of the links I found worked...

Could someone possibly email me the latest version (I have the 1.21g version of Civ3 installed)?

Thank you very much!

Brad and Alan, I have the editor for the Mac version of the game that I have been using, even if it is the flakiest piece of software I have ever seen for the Mac. Is it safe to post to the site, or should I simply let people know that I have it and email it to them. The copyright status has to be weird, because it was done by Infogrames, which no longer has the Mac license of Civ3.

I have been emailing copies on request, and I don't even know if that's legally safe. You and I have no rights to distribute the software as far as I know. I wouldn't recommend "publishing" it as a download, and until I know it's safe, I'll remove it from the site if you put it here. The site cannot afford to be sued for IPR violations.

IPR in it is probably still primarily with Firaxis, as the editor uses some original game code for map generation and such, and the file format is theirs. As far as I know Infogrames were just the original publishers of the PC version, and normally IPR stays with the developer and doesn't move to a publisher. Brad, then with Westlake, did the Mac port. I don't know what the commercial terms were or whether MacSoft and/or Westlake were involved. I doubt if any IPR was transferred as a result, and I'm not sure how he finished up hosting it :hmm:

Top Bottom