beta 4 of Civ3Edit patch

Originally posted by Brad Oliver

Did you by chance install the 1.29 game patch? I'm pretty sure the editor will freak out if it's present.

i'm getting the same error ... editor quits after get started. does that mean that if i have installed the 1.29 patch the editor won't work? do i have to install the original cd again to use the editor? thanks so far for your work brad.

Well, Brad, that explains my problem -- I'm on 1.29, and very grateful to be, I might add. [Anyone: what would be the minimum install of an earlier version of Civ3 to work with the Editor?]

BTW, Brad: with the "worldwide release" of the next Civ3 patch being "across all versions", does that include us? OK, I'm naive, but hopeful.

Originally posted by Sid
BTW, Brad: with the "worldwide release" of the next Civ3 patch being "across all versions", does that include us? OK, I'm naive, but hopeful.

Admittedly I don't follow the front-page news on civfanatics.com as closely as some, but my understanding is that there are no more PC patches in store for regular Civ3. The next "worldwide" patch is for PTW as far as I can tell.

Okely-doakly.

Well, it looks like I should concentrate on playing the original game better, rather than looking for the novelty of expansion packs. Hmm, sounds like a philosophy for life, too.

Forever the optimist, I now have a separate minimum install of Civ3 in its own 'Editing Folder' with Civ3Edit. The Editor now works beautifully.

1. Anyone else get the 'unable to build' Settlers when they make a mod? when I change anything to do with Settlers, I seem to unclick all their capabilities -- like building cities.

2. Are folks still editing -- or, have we all moved on to other things? (EU2; MoO3; buying PCs, etc)

I've lost my editor (yes, yes)
but no way to find it again !
Where could I download it again, the Brad's Url are "404 error not found) ?

Originally posted by Mike.doc
Impossible to load !
As well with Safari, Explorer and Opera.
Please, help.
No problems here. I downloaded it, unstuffed it, zipped the resulting folder, and upoaded it to civfanatics here

It's a 1.9 MByte download.

HTH.

@alan
Sure, but I've got again:
" The requested URL /~boliver/Civ3Edit_1321_b5.sit was not found on this server.
Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.brad-oliver.com Port 8080"
What could I do?
Perhaps you could download it and send to me as a PM ?
Thanks for advance !

@alan
" The requested URL /~boliver/Civ3Edit_1321_b5.sit was not found on this server.
What could I do?

You could stop digging up super-old threads that refer to obsolete builds of the editor. ;)

Take the _b5 off the filename and you'll have the latest URL. See my post in this thread just a few entries up from yours.

@alan
What could I do?
Perhaps you could download it and send to me as a PM ?
Thanks for advance !
Then you didn't read my post very carefully! I gave you a direct link to the copy I had zipped and uploaded to civfanatics. That link is to http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Civ3Edit_1321_Folder.zip, not to the url you are trying.

Which part of my statement ... "and upoaded it to civfanatics here" didn't you understand?

Originally posted by AlanH
Which part of my statement ... "and upoaded it to civfanatics here" didn't you understand?

:lol:

Someone asked earlier, but i didn't see a response, if you have 1.29b and the last ver of civ edit, and get the unexpected quits, is that an incompatibility issue between the 2? what would be a resolution?

Someone asked earlier, but i didn't see a response, if you have 1.29b and the last ver of civ edit, and get the unexpected quits, is that an incompatibility issue between the 2? what would be a resolution?

Originally posted by DannyMac

Yes, its incompatibility.

Resolution:

(1) Install a second copy of Civ3 and upgrade to 1.21g for use w/ the editor. Then, play all created mods and maps in 1.29b.

-or-

(2) Trash current Civ3 app and reinstall w/ upgrade to 1.21g for editor and game-play.

Any chance you could give us Mac CivEdit users the ability to fix player starting locations? That's my biggest beef with the current editor. The whole fun of making a map is to give yourself an unfair advantage, is it not? You can't really do that unless you can place yourself around resources.

Pretty please?

Weirdness.

So I put the editor and civ3 v1.29 in the same folder, and contrary to what was written above, they didn't freak out, they both worked. Until tonight. Tonight, after havng changed nothing, the editor suddenly doesn't like 1.29 anymore and won't start, as described. Fine. Whatever.

[Edit: there was more to this post, but it was based on bad information.]

Top Bottom