Botwawki 3

As previously, orders will be accepted until the update is physically posted.

Let's call this the 24 hour warning.

Cortes On The People of the Wastes
Compadres and Compadras, it has been brought to my atención that as our influence grows, so to does our nation become the obvious correct choice in the wasteland for wanderers to find permanent stay. To me, it is a plain fact that the people of Florida are already all citizens of New Spain. We already have so many that have come from out there who have seen the light New Spain represents! However, among these wastelanders may be people who would leech off our society and good will! These are not true people of New Spain, and are likely foreigners and pretenders. How can we tell the difference, that is the real question.

To find who these traidores are, I have developed a test with my most trusted adviseres, to see if any who want to join our settlement is a true Spanish citizen. The test is simple for any of our kin, but much too complex for any of the pond scum who would infect our ranks.

When one seeks to join, they will be asked three questions at the gate.
Question uno!
What settlemente is this? Any true man of Spain would know New Spain's current capital of Fort Barrancas!
Question doso!
What is the fifth letter of the Spanish alfabeto! This one is really easy. Everyone knows the alfebeto goes: Ah, Beh, Che, Che, Deh!
Question Tres!
Who is the trues Spaniard of them all? Currently, with the displacement of the Monarchy, only Hernan Cortes can be the answer!

That is the test. In order to be welcomed with open arms into New Spain, a newcomer must get two of the three correcto! This is because even Spaniards are not perfect, though we are the closest to it! Those who do not pass the test obviously have two options. Either become a Spaniard through extensive labor, and earn their keep, or be shot where they stand. This land is no place for anyone who is not or has no intention to be a Spaniard.

Viva la Spain!

Orders sent!

1-Year Plan Sent (OOC: each turn is a year, right?)

Each turn is six months, also, starting the update now.

EQ - I'll try to get my detailed orders written over the weekend (I don't know why you made 48 hour warning less than 24 hours after publishing the update, but that's your decision and you're the GM). Anyway, if you finish working on the update before my orders come in, could you please NPC the Machabees just for this turn? I'd like to send two gathering parties (feel free to use gathering party composition from my previous orders) to gather water and food - one at Loxahatchee, one around my own town (Samaria). Also, we'd allow the mechanic character to join our faction.

is it alright if I get mine in a few hours? I was busy most of the last few days and haven't gotten the chance

No worries, the update definitely will not be done before tomorrow because of a certain harmful habit I'm partaking in again that has momentarily distracted me. These dwarves won't level themselves.

Machabees' orders sent.

I probably won't be making a map for this turn, since the update is so soon.

Did you say.... dwarves, m'lord?

Simon hammered on the white hot metal, thinking to himself.

Have I made the right decision?

Simon took a step back from his work, then brought the metal over to his second table. There was a piece that fit perfectly within the first.

Am I sending them to their deaths, as I have the many others?

Simon dropped the newly formed weapon into the barrel of cold water to cool the metal.

Surely there is another way....

Simon took the newly made weapon out and began rifling out its barrel...

...There is no other way.

"War, war never changes."

So apparently I dreamed last night that I posted on the thread explaining the long delay. I haven't really properly slept more than 3 hours a night since last Thursday, so here's the summary:

Thursday: I was informed I got a job I've been working towards for six years and went out to celebrate. Also, was told that I start next Thursday and have about 5 workdays to get everything in order at my current position.

Friday: Horrible storms and a backlog of chores from the holidays.

Saturday. Horrible storms, followed by actual tornadoes that wrecked areas and led to be being preoccupied with cleanup.

Sunday: had commitments with friends and family all day.

Monday: Storms, chores and errands.

Tuesday: Insane day of work, followed by chores.

Today: Insane day of work, followed by discovering that someone decided to use our front yard bush as a dumping ground for stolen goods. Hurray. Maybe tonight I can get some sleep, but it's not looking promising.

So apparently I dreamed last night that I posted on the thread explaining the long delay. I haven't really properly slept more than 3 hours a night since last Thursday, so here's the summary:

Thursday: I was informed I got a job I've been working towards for six years and went out to celebrate. Also, was told that I start next Thursday and have about 5 workdays to get everything in order at my current position.

Friday: Horrible storms and a backlog of chores from the holidays.

Saturday. Horrible storms, followed by actual tornadoes that wrecked areas and led to be being preoccupied with cleanup.

Sunday: had commitments with friends and family all day.

Monday: Storms, chores and errands.

Tuesday: Insane day of work, followed by chores.

Today: Insane day of work, followed by discovering that someone decided to use our front yard bush as a dumping ground for stolen goods. Hurray. Maybe tonight I can get some sleep, but it's not looking promising.

Good Luck with everything! It's been cold in our neck of the woods, but not that stormy.

We look forward to the update, but, of course personal life is more important.

Oh wow, looks like you've had a rough week, but congratulations on the new job! Take your time, get adjusted to your new position.

@Thomas.berubeg - It's been cold and stormy meanwhile where I'm at. We got +24" of snow in the past few days due to Lake Superior. Digging out my car in waist deep snow at 6 degrees Fahrenheit is fun. :p

Oh wow, looks like you've had a rough week, but congratulations on the new job! Take your time, get adjusted to your new position.

@Thomas.berubeg - It's been cold and stormy meanwhile where I'm at. We got +24" of snow in the past few days due to Lake Superior. Digging out my car in waist deep snow at 6 degrees Fahrenheit is fun. :p

the thing is, EQ and I live barely two and half hours apart ish.

Sorry to hear that.

Today: Insane day of work, followed by discovering that someone decided to use our front yard bush as a dumping ground for stolen goods.

It must have been Florida Man at work again

Top Bottom